Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I just wanted to let everyone know how Leupolds customer service went for me. I had a pair of Leupold Acadia B-2 10x42 Binos. Somehow while hunting sand or dirt got inside and made the dials hard to turn. I sent them to Leupold and they sent me a new pair back. Only the ones they sent back are Alpines High Definition and seem to be a better pair than I actually started with. So, kudos to Leupold. If it comes down to a decision on which optic, Leupolds warranty is a huge factor.

A 380 in my pocket is better than a 45 in my truck!

Violence may not be the best option... but it's still an option.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." General James Mad Dog Mattis
GB1

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
I just wanted to let everyone know how Leupolds customer service went for me. I had a pair of Leupold Acadia B-2 10x42 Binos. Somehow while hunting sand or dirt got inside and made the dials hard to turn. I sent them to Leupold and they sent me a new pair back. Only the ones they sent back are Alpines High Definition and seem to be a better pair than I actually started with. So, kudos to Leupold. If it comes down to a decision on which optic, Leupolds warranty is a huge factor.

They produce such of low quality product that it's cheaper to replace them than to repair them.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Thanks for the report. Looking forward to your report on the sauer 6.5s accuracy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm thinking they are getting hit pretty hard on a lot of forums these days because of their downfall in customer service and problems with their products these days. In case some on the site weren't aware it used to be common knowledge at one time that Leupold reps did monitor this site and even posted a few times but they've been pretty quiet for a while now. Doesn't mean they aren't still watching the site....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister
I'm thinking they are getting hit pretty hard on a lot of forums these days because of their downfall in customer service and problems with their products these days. In case some on the site weren't aware it used to be common knowledge at one time that Leupold reps did monitor this site and even posted a few times but they've been pretty quiet for a while now. Doesn't mean they aren't still watching the site....

Bob

I don't know what they hope to glean from the forums. They well know what their chief issue is. How many more times would they need to hear it to fix the issue? Screw fixing it, tap those turrets boys. You heard them say it here.

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It seems to be common practice to replace instead of repair when it comes to Leupold's imported products (The Acadias are made in China).

Vortex does much of the same. A friend recently sent in a Crossfire II due to a stiff and somewhat gritty magnification ring and was sent a brand new replacement instead. Ditto for another fellow shooter who sent in a Diamondback for debris on the reticle except that he was sent an upgraded model..

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

The Mark 5 is the only Leupold worth a crap, but at the price point there are other options

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
IME, going back quite some time, Leupold CS has always been top notch. It's the fact that I've experienced it first hand over a lot of occasions that I find concerning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starbuck
IME, going back quite some time, Leupold CS has always been top notch. It's the fact that I've experienced it first hand over a lot of occasions that I find concerning.

That's my experience with Ruger. Although I think customer service starts with building a product that works as designed, which Ruger struggles with.

C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I wish Leupold would come out and say if they are closing the custom shop for good. It has been shut down for several years now. Ten years ago it was Leupold or Meopta for me. My three favorite scope models that I own have been discontinued so there just isn’t anything from Leupold that appeals to me anymore, with the possible exception of the DeltaPoint Pro.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Starbuck

That's my experience with Ruger. Although I think customer service starts with building a product that works as designed, which Ruger struggles with.

I haven't had great experiences with Ruger CS. At one time I had a Red Label, Mini 30, Red Hawk, GP100, multiple #1's, 77's, 10-22's and various small pistols. They're almost all gone now. Some served me well, but I always felt like you could do better in fit, finish, and function for the same or not a lot more cash.

The Red Label I own cracked a couple stocks just back of the tang. Was a common problem with them and #1's, from what I hear and read. Ruger CS did not stand behind the Red Label stock at all. Said it was due to normal use and possibly use of heavy loads. Gun was rated for 3", but I never shot any out of it. 3 3/4 dram, 2 3/4" field loads were heaviest I ever used in it. Was able to find a replacement on GB; that one cracked as well after a few years' use. I epoxied it, and it it's been holding for a lot of years. Kept it as a rainy day upland gun because it isn't worth much with the stock being cracked.

I had a 77 II with a 3 way safety that didn't hold the bolt down when all the way back like it was supposed to. Sent it in. Came back the same way. Had another 77 that had feeding troubles. Sent it in 2 times before they replaced the bolt. Feeding was better, but was still suspect. Instead of being a CRF, it was just a CF.

Through the years I sold most of them off. I should add that these experiences occured 15+ years ago, so perhaps they've righted the ship. Put a couple of RAR's together for guys, and they seem to function and group well.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had the same issue with Red Label stocks. The 12 ga broke twice and they replaced both times. And I never shot 3” loads. Accuracy (lack of) in multiple #1s, and 77s keeps me from owning another.
I’ve had far to many bad experiences with Ruger guns.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ditto on the problems with Ruger, in my case it was with new revolvers.......much better to just look for a nice pre-lock S &W, even if they are more expensive initially......

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had mixed quality CS from Leupold. Took 3 times to fix a brand new VX2 that would not track. Finally talked to a old guy and he asked me to send it back attention to him. He found the erector was bad and sent me a set of the flip up lens caps for troubles. The first two times was told nothing was wrong. Gun was a proven rifle under 3/4” all the time every time. New scope scattered shots and would not track. I dont know if I sent the target the first time or two.
The best CS is one you never need.

Last edited by 338reddog; 04/28/22.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Bob

Between their pathetic sockpuppets that were getting nuked on here and their presentation azzclown show they did on here.

This place is kyptonite to em basically

Many of us remember their sockpuppets they was trying to spin show schit on here.
And how can anyone ever forget their video online fiasco on here..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The problem with Leupold warranty is I've used it so many times. I was treated rather poorly on the $3000 scopes, but much better on the $300 scopes.

Leupold for me is a hard pass going forward.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Good to hear. I have a Leupold I need to send in and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they send a new one back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by wyosteve
Good to hear. I have a Leupold I need to send in and it wouldn't hurt my feelings if they send a new one back.

That's all good if you have an OTC scope, but you're pretty well screwed if you have a scope from the custom shop that needs repair.
Sent in a VX II that had fogging problems. A 4-12x 40mm AO that had a Mk4 vertical turret and a fine duplex reticle. Got back a VX Freedom 4-12 CDS, 30mm side focus; which I can live with; but the only reticle that is available in that scope is the Tri-MOA, which is a far cry from a fine duplex.
So I sent in a favorite varmint scope and got one back I'm not sure what it's suppose to be used for. If the lines on the Tri-MOA were thinner, it would work a lot better for my uses.
I have mounted it and sighted it in and I'm happy to tell you that it tracks the way its suppose to. Still not sure if I'm keeping it or selling it.

Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.
John 8:32

A lie doesn't become truth; wrong doesn't become right; evil doesn't become good, just because it's accepted by the majority...Rick Warren

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have a custom shop scope there now. Will see what they say

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by renegade50

Bob
Between their pathetic sockpuppets that were getting nuked on here and their presentation azzclown show they did on here.

This place is kyptonite to em basically

Many of us remember their sockpuppets they was trying to spin show schit on here.
And how can anyone ever forget their video online fiasco on here..

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Can anyone post a link to this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (Algotguns, Akhutr, Anaconda, 35, 33sixSS, 7 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,414
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.