Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I am a Ruger LCR convert. Mine goes about anywhere I walk to.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Used to be a Smith 629 4 or 6 inch.
Or 6 inch Python or stainless Commander.
Nowadays its just a P365.

Getting old, not gonna lug a heavy gun.
No bears around here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I am only carrying a handgun on a hike, it is my Mag Na Ported .44 mag. S&W Mountain Gun with the slender 4" barrel. It usually resides in a Guides Choice chest holster by Diamond D in Wasilla, Alaska. Lots of big grizzly/brownies and black bears where we are and they often come into town in spring feasting on moose calves and they cruise our trails like they own them.

A big wide flat nosed hard cast of 280 to 300 grains is all I can shoot fairy quick double action at 25 yards with acceptable accuracy. Most of the time 30' is more realistic and about as far away as Fish & Game tolerates bears being shot in self defense.

I picked up a long slide Dan Wesson Bruin 10mm awhile back and have some hard cast 220 grain loads for it and can shoot it faster then my Mountain gun and the Wilson Combat mags hold 9 rounds and one in the pipe. I have many years of 1911 Govt. Mod. shooting so the Bruin is easy to adjust to for me. It also has a chest and hip holster.

But for now I trust the much more powerful .44 mag. then the 10mm, and doubt the extra rounds of 10mm would get me out of anything 6 rounds of .44 mag. can't handle.

If I lived state side a 10mm Glock 20 with a 5" KKM barrel would get the nod.

I much prefer my customized Marlin 45-70 stuffed with 400 grain bonded bullets.

GunGeek Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I saw on some website (Cimarron??) that Uberti makes a small frame version of the Thunderer, cleverly named, the Lightning. Well, I saw they make a .32 H&R / .32-20 version. That looks like it could be a nice option for those of us who wander the high desert.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've never been to Alaska. Diamond D's suck ass,because they are fhuqking sponges. Hint.

'Nother slow day today. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
M&P Shield. It is always with me. 2 legged varmints are biggest threat everywhere I hike. I'm 40 miles from Del Rio so it is a constant stream of illegals through our place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Diamond D's suck ass,because they are fhuqking sponges. Hint.

Hey little buddy, if Diamond D's aren't your thing try the other one I use with my Glocks. Get yourself a Gunfighter's Inc. Kenai. You would probably like those. I've got several and they too are great. However, since I've used them for years you'll probably think they too suck. Well, don't sell yourself short and give it a try.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBigCry,

PLEASE "tell" me "more",as I've never even heard of them...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You just set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and greedily read my EVERY word and ogle EVERY Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TheBigCry,
PLEASE "tell" me "more",as I've never even heard of them...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Oh there's no need to tell you more. According to the picture you posted, you've used them. I don't know about lucky; but, I hope I am. kchunt? That's kind of harsh. Thanks for the congrats, I appreciate it.

You just set astride your Couchbound Kchunt and greedily read my EVERY word and ogle EVERY Splendid Pixel,as you "live" vicariously. Hint...

Well, truth be told, I'm sitting on the deck and not a couch. And, irrespective of your leftwing snowflake viewpoints on gender, we men have a penis and not a kchunt. We're not all of your "ilk". Don't make assumptions little buddy. Oh, yes, I do try to read your every word (though not greedily) and I do try to ogle your pictures. However, it's kind of self agrandizing of you to think I try to live vicariously through you. Although I did enjoy reading your pseudo-biography "Confederacy of Dunces".

I'm glad you're laughing as it is healthy. And, it is disingenuous of someone to type "LOL" when they are not laughing out loud or to type "Fhugking LAUGHING!" when they really are not laughing.

Have a great day little buddy.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBigCry,

I've never even heard of them and that mighta' been a "fluke"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pardon wares that exist,as you "live" vicariously. Hint.

Yesterday were pretty slow. Hint.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Big Stinck has no friends, so he has to bully and strut online as he'd be fearful in the real world.

The Stelter of 24 CF.

He does have really small hands, however, useful in labeling his earrings and toothbrush.

Has evaded fragging by friendlies on numerous occasions.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
StupidJoe,

It's your Imagination,simply Pretend with it as you MUST...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You keep citing your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities and I'll happily fuel same. I enjoy your Pretending aloud,despite it being your only "move". It weren't my intent to horn you up. Hint.

You're right,yesterday was likely a "fair" day and a Wingman is handy for arranging Splendid Pixels. Hint.

You Day Dreaming Do Nothing Kchunts are a hoot! Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glock G20 in a GunfightersInc chest rig.

https://gunfightersinc.com/

I’ve been wearing this setup for several years. Comfortable, secure, and out of the way, but still easy and fast to pull the ripcord if shtf.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Fits nicely behind my bins pouch too. Which is how I hunt with the set up. I’ll have look for a picture wearing it behind my bins. I don’t typically take a picture of myself. Grins.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'10,

Probably handy for schlepping Live Loads too,when laced to same. Hint.(grin)

Sister prefers her Grock 44 and dat's cool,but the 22/45 with TK guts for me. Hint.

I've worn same for 24 consecutive days,thus far this R&R and have a bit to go yet. Hint..........................

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Stick,

Are that a III or a IV and when you say TK are you referring to TandemKross?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'flave,

'4's is hinged and all of the others ain't. I HATE hinges and am coordinated,so they do not call me. Hint.

TK is as you infer and their guts are solid. Cockblock the LCI,defeat the mag "safety",add a Flatty fire control interface and bush same. Overtravel and a stop are great aids,in reducing the radius of the break and reset. Schit stays put and can take a fhuqking lick and I even got one wet once. ONCE. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

The '45 frame adapts easily to 1911 scales and that means CT for me,which is soothin' when things go "BUMP!" in the night. Opted leetle dot FF3 at inception,but wears the VASTLY superior Holosun now(if only obviously) and it's Shake Awake opens lotsa windows of opportunity. The platform is simply fhuqking SINISTER. I polished the feedramp,number mags and schit that ain't warm/fuzzy,gets set atop a stump and shot with The Mother Ship. Hint.

I'm fickle in regards to fasteners and have never shot one loose. It's simply been flogged upon and I shoot same daily,mainly because it is fhuqking FUN. I've 10,000 remaining rounds slated solely to it and I like Wolff springs. Hint.

VQ makes nice guts and I've lots,but TK here,for me. Hint.................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Now you're getting it Karl/BigStick. Hang in there you kidder you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TheBigCry,

You keep devoting your "life" to "living" vicariously,you HILARIOUSLY Inept Clueless Fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart,for doing your best.

Hint.

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
GunGeek: The "woods/sticks" I often hike in are full of Grizzled Bears, Wolves, Mt Lions and Black Bears so I carry a Remington 700 Classic in 7m/m Remington Magnum filled with handloaded 160 grain Nosler Partitions.
When I am out on the high plains and sage brush flats country I carry a Smith & Wesson Model 63 with 4" barrel in an Uncle Mikes holster (NO leather holsters for me anymore!).
Gawd... who woke up the village idiot - also known as "small twig"?
Sad pathetic littlefuck that he is - I for one wish he would go back under his rock and just stay there.
Throw some more guns in the creek you blithering, blustering, bullschitting idiot.
Sheesh.
SMH
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I still like my LCR22lr.

Maybe I’ll get et by a grizzly, but its perfect for carry and works great for grouse.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (257Bob, 1936M71, 007FJ, 1Longbow, 1234, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,661
Posts18,493,598
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.