Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
’People Who Push ‘America First’ Are ‘Schizophrenic’ - Mark Levin is a lunatic, he's all over the place in his neurotic rant. Something about him just isn't quite kosher.....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Centuries of inbreeding have consequences.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
He has been a famous Hannity admirer. He is an establishment type that has some distorted views on a lot of things. He has penned some decent books in the past but I have a feeling he is no Trump admirer.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He is very much a Trump admirer. The problem with a lot of folks is unless the individual is 100 % in lock step with YOUR personal views, then he's automatically labeled with whatever invective you feel fits... I don't always agree with some of his views ....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

He trashed Trump all the time when he was a Ted Cruz fan boy, that is, until Trump won and he started loosing listeners.

- Rogue
IC B2

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
That’s right I said It.. 5 years ago..

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Centuries of inbreeding have consequences.

Jews are insane. It's the only answer that fits.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
He correctly cites to the Declaration of Independence and Constitution and their appeal to natural law and natural rights and their applicability to all men. He is an original intent Constitutionalist, as he should be. He points out (quite correctly) that neither the Constitution or Declaration use the terms "nationalist" and "populist" and that the Framers were concerned with the possibility of mobocracy (which is the essence of populism). He rightly points out that this country is, first and foremost about liberty. He correctly points out that the 10th amendment rejects nationalism in favor of Federalism. He points out that Nationalists essentially want an all-powerful Federal government. He also points out the errors of isolationism. He is right on.

Tarquin
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Tarquin
He correctly cites to the Declaration of Independence and Constitution and their appeal to natural law and natural rights and their applicability to all men.
He does, indeed.
He is an original intent Constitutionalist, as he should be.
Not on all points.
He points out (quite correctly) that neither the Constitution or Declaration use the terms "nationalist" and "populist"
He does, indeed, but it's entirely irrelevant, since those terms weren't used then.
... and that the Framers were concerned with the possibility of mobocracy (which is the essence of populism).
No, populism isn't the equivalent of mobocracy, nor is mobocracy the essence of populism. Populism refers to a viewpoint that's suspicious of the power of an elite, through deceitful means, gaining control over governance, and it's a viewpoint encouraged by the Founders.
He rightly points out that this country is, first and foremost about liberty.
Liberty, under law.
He correctly points out that the 10th amendment rejects nationalism in favor of Federalism.
These are not on opposing sides. The Founders were both nationalists and defenders of Federalism, understood to mean that governmental power in the US is divided both within the Federal Government and between the Federal Government, the States, and the local governments, for the purpose of preventing consolidated centralized governance.
He points out that Nationalists essentially want an all-powerful Federal government.
Your assertion is completely false. Concern for one's own nation having priority over concerns for foreign nations isn't in the least inconsistent with decentralized governance.
He also points out the errors of isolationism. He is right on.

He is dead wrong, as are you. "Isolationism" is a derogatory term invented by the internationalists, i.e., the advocates for global governance and the ultimate elimination of national sovereignty. So-called isolationists were those who rightly opposed that.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The American Revolution was explicitly nationalistic. That is to say, it made no contention…had no pretense of being a revolution for all mankind. Unlike, for instance the French Revolution, we didn’t wish to expand it. We did not go on any crusade to change the world. What change in the world we promulgated was to be accomplished by example, not force of arms or even revolution. It was that we founded what we believed to be the best form of government FOR THIS COUNTRY and OUR PROGENY. Sure, we believed that rights are universal and inherent, but we never claimed the right to assert them for on behalf of anyone else.

Only with the Civil War did we begin assume the right to forcibly assert these rights for others. As a result, we’ve been more or less continually at war ever since and our rights have steadily eroded here at home.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/27/22.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The American Revolution was explicitly nationalistic. That is to say, it made no contention…had no pretense of being a revolution for all mankind. Unlike, for instance the French Revolution, we didn’t wish to expand it. We did not go on any crusade to change the world. What change in the world we promulgated was to be accomplished by example, not force of arms or even revolution. It was that we founded what we believed to be the best form of government FOR THIS COUNTRY and OUR PROGENY. Sure, we believed that rights are universal and inherent, but we never claimed the right to assert them for on behalf of anyone else.

Only with the Civil War did we begin assume the right to forcibly assert these rights for others. As a result, we’ve been more or less continually at war ever since and our rights have steadily eroded here at home.

Spot on.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never listen to pundits like him. Dhimmicrat or otherwise.

Sam......

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I'm proud to say I've never been fooled by the phony.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Mahatma Gandhi was a Nationalist also. People do not know what a nationalist is.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

I'm proud to say I've never been fooled by the phony.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Screw Hannity and Levin. Both of these neocon azzholes get zero of my time

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Well said!!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jdm953
Mahatma Gandhi was a Nationalist also. People do not know what a nationalist is.

Public schools don't teach any of that.

L
LBP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Juden

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He is very much a Trump admirer. The problem with a lot of folks is unless the individual is 100 % in lock step with YOUR personal views, then he's automatically labeled with whatever invective you feel fits... I don't always agree with some of his views ....

I have to agree with this. I'm glad he is on our/my side on most issues. In fact, I don't know a single person in my own life with whom I've agreed or who has agreed with me 100% of the time. If everybody were to start looking for those 100%ers for whom to vote, the next election, for any position, would result in a 0-0 tie, if people were honest with themselves, in my opinion.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 1eyedmule, 1Longbow, 63 invisible), 2,705 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,203
Posts18,503,714
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.