Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
If they make "Survivor - West Virginia - Pig Squeal Hollow"...

It would not be racist for sure...

Entertaining?

Maybe if Baldwin and Whoopie were cast...

Hard to know...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've never watched even one SECOND of that show...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
never have never will , would rather work on my sock drawer

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cash;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the day's behaving itself out east for you all and you're all well.

Way back in the day when the show first aired up here so maybe 2000 or so, we were taking a break during spring branding when the rancher mentioned that he thought I'd make a decent contestant because of some of the mountain time I've spent.

My reply, certainly not verbatim Cash but more or less was that if it was a "survival" situation I'd kidnap and hold for ransom the camera equipment and likely the camera crew first in return for good food, lodging etc. My rationale was that it was the least effort for the greatest return and if we were really and truly in survival mode, that's where we'd need to be, no?

The rest of the branding crew got a good laugh and there was general agreement that it'd be best if they kept BC rednecks off of pretend TV shows.

When they filmed one in Africa I tried to watch a couple shows and got asked to leave the room when I was pointing out the inaccuracies. laugh As I have tented on the Masai Mara and had a leopard help itself to a hind quarter of kongoni that was hanging in a tree at the edge of camp, I felt the need to comment but got voted out of the TV room! wink

Anyways, it might be good entertainment or not. I do know that when the Bear Grylls show came out we started instructing students in the annual Hunter Safety Course we put on to do the exact opposite of a few things he was suggesting. I suppose there is the remote possibility folks could be misled to believe it's real? Not really sure.

All the best to you folks.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 04/28/22.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Cash;
Top of the morning to you my cyber friend, I hope the day's behaving itself out east for you all and you're all well.

Way back in the day when the show first aired up here so maybe 2000 or so, we were taking a break during spring branding when the rancher mentioned that he thought I'd make a decent contestant because of some of the mountain time I've spent.

My reply, certainly not verbatim Cash but more or less was that if it was a "survival" situation I'd kidnap and hold for ransom the camera equipment and likely the camera crew first in return for good food, lodging etc. My rationale was that it was the least effort for the greatest return and if we were really and truly in survival mode, that's where we'd need to be, no?

The rest of the branding crew got a good laugh and there was general agreement that it'd be best if they kept BC rednecks off of pretend TV shows.

When they filmed one in Africa I tried to watch a couple shows and got asked to leave the room when I was pointing out the inaccuracies. laugh As I have tented on the Masai Mara and had a leopard help itself to a hind quarter of kongoni that was hanging in a tree at the edge of camp, I felt the need to comment but got voted out of the TV room! wink

Anyways, it might be good entertainment or not. I do know that when the Bear Grylls show came out we started instructing students in the annual Hunter Safety Course we put on to do the exact opposite of a few things he was suggesting. I suppose there is the remote possibility folks could be misled to believe it's real? Not really sure.

All the best to you folks.

Dwayne

Dwayne... your stuff is a true joy on this forum.

39 degrees last night so I had to bring in my potted tomatoes.

I too have been voted out of the TV room... it is a harsh world sometimes.

I wonder in "Survivor 2023 - USA" will have camera crews to kidnap and ransom... or feed to the hogs?

Be well my ^ Medicine Line friend... Leonard

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Never watched it. Waste of time.
totally scripted BS

Gun Owners of America
Escapee's RV Club
Elks
Moose
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Traveler52
Never watched it. Waste of time.
totally scripted BS

I’ve watched it from the first time it was on, and if you don’t want to watch, that’s no big deal!

You’ve never watched it, yet you know all about it. Strange!!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 04/28/22.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It's gay af.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 04/28/22.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WAM
I watched about 5 minutes of the phony BS several years ago when it became all the rage. Certainly fodder for the weak minded.

Sad that supposed "straight men" watch this crap

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
It's gay af.

That’s too bad ! I didn’t know I was gay , the fist hint would have been the .270 I have.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I haven't watched a network TV show in over a decade. It's the dredges of society ruin.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I got up and walked out to the garage and talked with my cats about it.
They thought I was an idiot for watching that racist crap.
Yep, my cats are smarter than most of the people in America.

Oh, am I supposed to have some pithy saying here? Sorry, not today.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'd rather trim brass.

Had a co-worker that was into it. Always wanted to talk about it - I'd shut it down post haste.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We don't watch, we're too busy over at..... Married at First Sight ......when there's going to be no survivors ! Lol

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Mofo steal everybody’s watermelon and fried chicken, or something???

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal
I watched it when Rudy Boesch was on. That was it.

My wife and I watched the very first episode of Survivor. By the end of the episode, watching all the nonsense that would NEVER happen in a real life survival situation, I told my wife that whatever his name was who eventually won, "That guy's a homosexual. He'll win." I was right. He won. We stopped watching after about the second or third episode.

As an aside, I had a very good friend in Los Angeles, who was a writer and former Navy SEAL, Vietnam service. I mentioned to him there was another Navy SEAL on the show named "Rudy Boesch." My friend watched one episode. He later told me he knew Boesch. He said when he was on the Teams, they called Boesch, the "Bull Frog." wink

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Adults actually watch that junk?

I know!!!!

Almost as bad as wasting time on internet forums......

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Teal
I watched it when Rudy Boesch was on. That was it.

My wife and I watched the very first episode of Survivor. By the end of the episode, watching all the nonsense that would NEVER happen in a real life survival situation, I told my wife that whatever his name was who eventually won, "That guy's a homosexual. He'll win." I was right. He won. We stopped watching after about the second or third episode.

As an aside, I had a very good friend in Los Angeles, who was a writer and former Navy SEAL, Vietnam service. I mentioned to him there was another Navy SEAL on the show named "Rudy Boesch." My friend watched one episode. He later told me he knew Boesch. He said when he was on the Teams, they called Boesch, the "Bull Frog." wink

FWIW.

L.W.

Anyone that went to the TEAMS from UDT back in the day had to be someone I'd like - only reason I watched. When he was gone, so was I. I just liked the dude.

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm still waiting for a real "reality" show.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

136 members (44mc, 007FJ, 7887mm08, 35, 10Glocks, 11 invisible), 1,356 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,869
Posts18,478,696
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.