Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Oh bullshiit, it’s called attention, socialization and spending time with him/her. My new dog is 7 months, acts like a 15 yo except when it’s play time. She has and is with us constantly. That’s what makes a good dog. 👊🏻

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
just got our second lab puppy, our first one is going on 10 years old and gettng older. We decided to go ahead and get a pup now so he is grown up with the first dog. He is an awesome pup and doing everything we can reasonably expect from him. he loves the whole family, I just can't imagine a better dog. the rage now days seems to breed in poodle with labs creating these doodle dogs. my buddy has a pudle pointer. All my neighbors have these labradoodles. guess what, they all suck as dogs. They seem to have no soul to them. you're removing the gun dog hunting aspect of them. and they just don't seem like warm friendly dogs. The pudel pointer, mutes the pointer to an extent, and just makes the dog look cool and thats it. IMO people are breeding dogs for looks, not for practicality and temperament. I simply don't get the thinking.

Does your buddy perhaps have a "Pudelpointer"? It's not the same thing as the newfangled "poodle" crosses.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Maybe it's a puddle pointer??
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
15 years ago, this was my pAck of hounds.

Now this is it

CK
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
just got our second lab puppy, our first one is going on 10 years old and gettng older. We decided to go ahead and get a pup now so he is grown up with the first dog. He is an awesome pup and doing everything we can reasonably expect from him. he loves the whole family, I just can't imagine a better dog. the rage now days seems to breed in poodle with labs creating these doodle dogs. my buddy has a pudle pointer. All my neighbors have these labradoodles. guess what, they all suck as dogs. They seem to have no soul to them. you're removing the gun dog hunting aspect of them. and they just don't seem like warm friendly dogs. The pudel pointer, mutes the pointer to an extent, and just makes the dog look cool and thats it. IMO people are breeding dogs for looks, not for practicality and temperament. I simply don't get the thinking.

You are one dump phuc.Standard poodles were bred in Germany as an all around hunting dog.They are exceptional water dogs and can point naturally.Poodle means puddle in German.I will put my Standard poodles against any all around hunting dog .Of course if you breed a poodle with some mutt lab you will probably not get much.Breed a hunting poodle with a hunting lab and you will have some thing.Every ass hole and his brother are buying any poodle and breeding with any lab or golden and you get what you bred.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
We have 2 Goldendoodles.

They are the best 2 dogs we have EVER had.

They are smart, obedient, athletic as hell, and great hunters. Neither is hard headed at all - they have very loving and calm personalities. They literally don't shed a single hair.

Finn is the athlete and master hunter on the left. Stella is the motherly supervisor, on the right.

[Linked Image]

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

For sure, terrible house dog.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by broomd
The Dutchman Korthal bred the bloodhound, shorthair and poodle over 100 years ago to get our modern day Wirehaired Pointing Griffon. Hundreds of thousands of griff owners (like myself) call bullsh t on your ridiculous posting.

As another owner of 2 griffs, I agree

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Every labradoodle and golden doodle I have come across has been a friendly dog. And dumber than a box of rocks.

I don;t like the looks of them and I don;t like them being functional doggie retards. To get hte looks right and the docility, they have to inbreed a whole bunch.

================

Also, not all cross-breeds or hybrids are good. There is such a thing as "outbreeding depression" that produces undesirable traits similar to inbreeding. You've liklely come across such dogs: funny-looking and good for only turning dog food into dog poop.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Cumminscowboy, I’m noticing a trend in your posts. You say you just got a second lab. Is this your second dog overall or just second lab? How much experience do you have with a “strictly working dog”? What makes good dogs is that first, they know their place in the pecking order. They are not the boss. They need structure and accountability in their lives to be happy. Second they need a job. It doesn’t matter what that is, as long as you give it to them, teach them and expect them to perform it. You say you want your younger dog to grow up with the older one. I hope you don’t mean learn from the older dog. On my experience they don’t learn anything but bad habits with this. All of this comes from YOU and not leaving them to their own devices. Anyone can train a dog. It just takes consistency, time and patience. If you don’t have any of that, the dog suffers immensely. Then you have a dog that you alluded to in the first post.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
my problem with the strictly working dogs like the pointers, drawthars, etc. they make terrible family dogs. They are too ubber high strung on hunting only. If the dog doesn't make a good family dog I don't want them. but I do hunt them a few times a year so I need a hunting dog as well. having a lab is the perfect mix of that. doesn't hurt that my 9 year old lab is also a pointing lab, he holds on birds till you get a shot. a rare trait in a lab.

A hunting dog cant make a good family dog...

What a total bullschit post....

Maybe you oughta go back to stuff you know about..
Like making some rube goldberg contraption out of a garden hose hanger to test scopes on at a playground...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deadlift_dude
Every labradoodle and golden doodle I have come across has been a friendly dog. And dumber than a box of rocks.

I don;t like the looks of them and I don;t like them being functional doggie retards. To get hte looks right and the docility, they have to inbreed a whole bunch.

================

Also, not all cross-breeds or hybrids are good. There is such a thing as "outbreeding depression" that produces undesirable traits similar to inbreeding. You've liklely come across such dogs: funny-looking and good for only turning dog food into dog poop.

Nice house dogs for women. Not much personality , intelligence and not very trainable but they dont shed. There are worse dogs, but not for me

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by duck911
We have 2 Goldendoodles.

They are smart, obedient, athletic as hell, and great hunters. Neither is hard headed at all - they have very loving and calm personalities. They literally don't shed a single hair.

Finn is the athlete and master hunter on the left. Stella is the motherly supervisor, on the right.

[Linked Image]

What do they hunt beside warm sofas?

Have any hunting pics?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
15 years ago, this was my pAck of hounds.

Now this is it

Hound breeds are one of the most human centric dogs their are.
Long history dating back 1000,s of years.

👍👍👍

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by deadlift_dude

================

You are speaking in broad strokes, and it sounds like you have no clue what you are talking about..

My Goldendoodles are F1 crosses - full bred,, papered Goldens, crossed with full bred, papered Poodles. There is no "inbreeding". These are the non-hypo-allergenic great dogs most speak of, and probably make up most of the "designer doodle" market.. Their intellect is a cross between a poodle and a golden - they are AMAZINGLY intelligent.

There are other crosses (F2, and Flb, for example), that are a much smaller subset of these breeds, and people who sell all kinds of mutts as "doodles".. It sounds like those chitjeads are YOUR peer group. So, maybe find some new friends.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Oy vey!!! The doodles🙄🙄 again. Hey Jud, I do have an Instagram account that’s more or less dedicated to this dog if you want more pics and videos. Same handle.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by ribka
We have 2 Goldendoodles.

[Linked Image]

Have any hunting pics?

Stella (on the right) is an old soul. She is my wife's dog, and just an outstanding companion. I've never hunted her, because when she was growing up my lab was the duck hunter, and she is gun/thunder shy. Like I said, she is the old school marm in the family (5 y.o.)

But my lab is now gone, so......

Finn (on the left) will be a monster duck dog. He is ~18 mo old so I did not hunt him last season. But he is rock solid on hand and verbal commands (a la Wolters water dog) and has pointed/flushed/retrieved dozens of pheasants and chukars the last few months at my club. He is gonna be a STUD on ducks. He is smart as chit and has so much drive it blows my mind.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Baylor...
AKA: Dogzilla

Mixed breed greyhound/ Lab/ god knows what else.

House pet extrodinaire.
Daughters rescue dog
Chase's and Trees squirrels
Points at Birds
Chases em as they lift off the ground
Goes after rabbits along fenceline.
Hates buzzards.
Have no doubt if he was trained as a pup he would have been a good multi tasking hunting dog.

Mutt....
Aka pure breed american cheesehound

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I guess the cowboy has never met or hunter with a pudelpointer, great family and hunting dogs.

I love mine, she is still a puppy bit has an incredible drive for birds, points like a champ and retirieves well. My vet commented she is one of the most social dogs she ever seen, loves everyone and other dogs.

I have allergies to dogs, she doesn’t bother me at all and no shedding.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
So your dogs have never been on wild birds? lol.

What does a master hunter mean regarding a bird dog? Having owned and trained bird dogs over 40 years a master bird dog has at least 3 to 5 years on hundreds of WILD bird contacts . But Am sure you have a different definition. I 'll take a puppy on hunting preserves to establish prey drive but after a season on wild birds my dogs all limit out on a preserve hunting in 30 min. Its boring after wild birds No contest on wild pressured running roosters, chukars on public land late season and pressured huns and and sharpies. And there is a dog who will do 200 yard blind retrieves in ice conditions on ponds lakes and rivers on waterfowl

I have yet to see a labradoodle do this on wild birds but please post some pics of this

Originally Posted by ribka
We have 2 Goldendoodles.

[Linked Image]

Have any hunting pics?

Stella (on the right) is an old soul. She is my wife's dog, and just an outstanding companion. I've never hunted her, because when she was growing up my lab was the duck hunter, and she is gun/thunder shy. Like I said, she is the old school marm in the family (5 y.o.)

But my lab is now gone, so......

Finn (on the left) will be a monster duck dog. He is ~18 mo old so I did not hunt him last season. But he is rock solid on hand and verbal commands (a la Wolters water dog) and has pointed/flushed/retrieved dozens of pheasants and chukars the last few months at my club. He is gonna be a STUD on ducks. He is smart as chit and has so much drive it blows my mind.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 14 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.