Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sheister

How is it set up? Duramax and Allison? Leather interiors? Infotainment system? Great color...

I just got the LT package with all the stuff I need. I don’t like leather and don’t want all the stuff it takes a junior high student to run.

It is the Duramax with 10 speed Allison transmission. That is a great combination.

All the big trucks will work, but Ford really hasn’t figured it all out yet with a diesel that changes every 2 years, and Chevy does have the best ride. I probably won’t get another new truck, this should last me through all the ridiculous electric car/truck crap they are trying to push on us. I have a 2020 GMC 2500 with a 454 and 5 speed manual transmission, so I can keep up with all the guys that don’t want a new truck.

I also drive a 2020 S10 pickup that is a wreck and I drive it to church so nobody thinks I am flush enough to ask for money donations. I keep a Ruger rifle case in the seat so no one will steal the truck or gun case.

I plan on driving it to my fan base on the high line so I can fit in and hang out with the real Montanans. You only need New truck like the Chevy if you are going to live in Bozeman…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Enjoy it for years to come!

Congrats!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2020 454? 5spd?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
bought a new 2001 Chevy Silverado in 2001 for $27 k, hauled tons of dead critters, job trailers, lumber on the rack, dirt, gravel etc for 18 years & over 400 k miles

Got two 2019 Chevy Silverado trucks for $29,900 each on Christmas Eve 2019, White one for me, Silver for her

brother bought a Ford a few months before that, had a bunch of different issues, traded it for another newer Ford and has problems with that one, our Silverados are at 50k miles each and so far no problems

I tow my 36 Ft hunting camp with my truck

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats, man, good lookin' truck. I'm a Ford guy, but I like that front grill.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Thank goodness for armchair quarterbacks, I couldn’t make a clear decision without all the help. I worked at one job for 43 years and all we used were GM trucks for the entire fleet, I put over 1,500,000 miles on various trucks, probably more than most of the quarterbacks combined.

No mistake was made buying this truck…

You're gonna love that one. The ranch where we mule deer hunt owns 4 of them. They've been very reliable, hard working trucks. So true about QB'ing from the stands too.....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nice Vehicle for sure.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice truck, not big on the grill though.

Owned one Ford 37 years ago. Chebbys or Chevarlees ever since.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by Sheister

How is it set up? Duramax and Allison? Leather interiors? Infotainment system? Great color...

I just got the LT package with all the stuff I need. I don’t like leather and don’t want all the stuff it takes a junior high student to run.

It is the Duramax with 10 speed Allison transmission. That is a great combination.

All the big trucks will work, but Ford really hasn’t figured it all out yet with a diesel that changes every 2 years, and Chevy does have the best ride. I probably won’t get another new truck, this should last me through all the ridiculous electric car/truck crap they are trying to push on us. I have a 2020 GMC 2500 with a 454 and 5 speed manual transmission, so I can keep up with all the guys that don’t want a new truck.

I also drive a 2020 S10 pickup that is a wreck and I drive it to church so nobody thinks I am flush enough to ask for money donations. I keep a Ruger rifle case in the seat so no one will steal the truck or gun case.

I plan on driving it to my fan base on the high line so I can fit in and hang out with the real Montanans. You only need New truck like the Chevy if you are going to live in Bozeman…

Bahahaha. Well played

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shrap,

Nice truck! Every truck thread begins and ends the same regardless of the brand.

Originally Posted by SamOlson

Sammo,

I was a lil worried that you were an ugly bastard and was right! But the aviators help! Next time, throw the dog in there or a few empty cold ones...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hahaha!

Give me an hour or two for the cold ones!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LMAO! Don't forget the tractor gun!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Buddy bought a new Chevy 3500 diesel, took 3 months I think. Got it couple months ago, it's a good looking truck. For what he paid it ought to, holy fugk.

Another buddy just last week bought a new Chevy 1500. Saved $10K and a quoted 6-9 month wait by flying to Phoenix and driving it back. Was at the dealership less than an hour.

Crap, around here, I hear stories of flying to Missoula to save $10K on a truck.

I guess it just depends, year to year, and dealer to dealer.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
2020 454? 5spd?

Yup, chained up on all 4, only 3 feet of snow will stop it...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson

Sam,

I am deeply touched by the video you did. I am more than adequately welcomed back by a video short from back East. It makes up for all the guff John Burns tries to dish out. He is a loser, You, my man are inducted with full honors into the Shrapnel hall of fame.

That comes with a complimentary map to the private prairie dog fields...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Buddy bought a new Chevy 3500 diesel, took 3 months I think. Got it couple months ago, it's a good looking truck. For what he paid it ought to, holy fugk.

Another buddy just last week bought a new Chevy 1500. Saved $10K and a quoted 6-9 month wait by flying to Phoenix and driving it back. Was at the dealership less than an hour.

Crap, around here, I hear stories of flying to Missoula to save $10K on a truck.

They're always cheaper somewhere else!

When I bought my '93 F250, I flew to Seattle to pick it up.

But, I saved enough to buy the plane ticket (good old days pf MarkAir - $99), food and fuel to get home in Fairbanks, Have a hitch and running boards installed, and a three-horse trailer.

Dealers wanted the last number on the window sticker. Seattle dealer was more interested in selling vehicles.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice looking truck. I like it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Could be and there may be other factors, the purchased truck may have a story too, e.g., fell off a truck during transport (which really happens and dealers buy them at reduced cost though are required to disclose it). Sometimes the 'how much I saved off MSRP,' and the ol' "I beat the dealer down" stories are akin to the biggest fish I ever caught stories. And, there isn't a new truck out there with $10k profit in it as sold to the dealer by the OEM.

You are starting to see some "Market based Pricing" addendums, added by dealers, which are pure dealer's profit. I've seem some other dealers here locally adding addendums to MSRP for 'dealer added accessories.' Which, again, are fat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Nifce ride, shrap. Congrats.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 15 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,489
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.