Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I have my eye on a rifle in Ontario Canada and want to purchase it. I live in Wisconsin my local bigger box gun store isn’t interested in figuring out how to do that for me.

Any advice on how to go about that or recommendations for a FFL in WI who I could contact?

Thanks in advance.

John.

GB1

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I think you don't. They don't even let people order parts

Last edited by mjbgalt; 05/01/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I looked into it once because there was a nula for sale in Canada I wanted to buy. Turned out it’s a giant pain in the ass. I’m sure it has gotten even worse in the last couple of years. When I looked the cost was going to be in the neighborhood of three hundred dollars for one firearm.

I think this was the outfit I spoke with.
https://www.borderview.com/services/for-individuals/usa-firearm-import-service/

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Simple google fu search led to a Dudley Do Right site...

Maybe just maybe a simple search of "WI FFL candian firearms importers" might lead to something...

ExportingNon-restricted

If you want to export a firearm out of Canada to another country, you must follow the laws of

Canada – under Canadian law, you may need an export permit. Contact GAC at 343-203-4331 for more information.the country where the firearm is going – you may need an import permitany other country the firearm will pass throughNote

In the United States, the laws may vary from state to state.

You cannot ship a firearm to another country using Canada Post. You must use, a licensed carrier company to transport firearms under the Firearms Act.

Restricted and prohibited

You must

change the records so that you are listed as the registered owner. To change the records, you will needfull nameaddressfirearm licence numberfirearm registration certificate numberfirearm identification numberproof that the firearm has been permanently exported from Canada (e.g., a copy of a Canadian export permit, or the other country's import document)contact GAC at 343-203-4331 to verify if you need an export permit; the GAC website has information on applying for an import or an export permit for controlled goods, such as firearms or ammunition.

Send this information with a cover letter to:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Canadian Firearms Program
PO Box 1200
Miramichi, New Brunswick E1N 5Z3

Note

If you are a non-resident with restricted or prohibited firearms registered in Canada, you must notify the Registrar of Firearms at the above address if you dispose of any of your registered or prohibited firearms.

ExportingNon-restricted

If you want to export a firearm out of Canada to another country, you must follow the laws of

Canada – under Canadian law, you may need an export permit. Contact GAC at 343-203-4331 for more information.the country where the firearm is going – you may need an import permitany other country the firearm will pass throughNote

In the United States, the laws may vary from state to state.

You cannot ship a firearm to another country using Canada Post. You must use, a licensed carrier company to transport firearms under the Firearms Act.

Restricted and prohibited

You must

change the records so that you are listed as the registered owner. To change the records, you will needfull nameaddressfirearm licence numberfirearm registration certificate numberfirearm identification numberproof that the firearm has been permanently exported from Canada (e.g., a copy of a Canadian export permit, or the other country's import document)contact GAC at 343-203-4331 to verify if you need an export permit; the GAC website has information on applying for an import or an export permit for controlled goods, such as firearms or ammunition.

Send this information with a cover letter to:

Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Canadian Firearms Program
PO Box 1200
Miramichi, New Brunswick E1N 5Z3

Note

If you are a non-resident with restricted or prohibited firearms registered in Canada, you must notify the Registrar of Firearms at the above address if you dispose of any of your registered or prohibited firearms.

Google fu is your friend......

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I would not even think about it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Google fu info.

Type 08 FFL holder might be the type of person who knows the ropes.

Sounds like a GIANT PITA per link Akwolverine put up and said also.

What is the firearm to begin with anyways???

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
You need a licensed importer, I think there was one in AZ people here use, or used.

It has to cost a little, and the rifle has to be marked by the importer.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

It isn’t impossible, but I wouldn’t be in a hurry if I were you…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'll think it's cheaper, and easier to find a rifle in the states.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Must be something really desirable or rare.

Be cool to know what the OP is after.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Dakota 76 atrican traveler 3 barrel set????

That would fit the bill of desirable and rare I imagine.
And worth the hassle.
👍👍👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
JohntheElectrician;
Good afternoon to you sir, welcome to the 'Fire from north of the medicine line.

There are two businesses which import and export firearms from Canada that I'm aware of.

One is Clay Smiley at Prophet River in Lloydminster. I've not used him for export or import, but have both sold and purchased arms through him over the years and always had perfect service.

https://store.prophetriver.com/

There's another outfit called IRUNGUNS which seem to have decent reviews but I've had no personal experience with.

https://www.irunguns.com/

Especially with collectable stuff such as Lugers or SAA Colts there are firearms moving across the border legally quite often so I'm told.

Hopefully that was useful for you or someone out there on this first day of May, good luck whichever way you decide and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

J
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
J
You guys have to keep this quiet. My wife is going to find out about this!

Seriously, though, yes I am looking for a Dakota Traveler something with a smaller caliber barrel and a second barrel.375 or larger.

Anyone know where I can get one? I pay cash! (Respecting laws of course)

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by BC30cal
JohntheElectrician;

There's another outfit called IRUNGUNS which seem to have decent reviews but I've had no personal experience with.

https://www.irunguns.com/

That's the guy I was thinking about.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When I was considering buying a rifle from Ralf Martini in BC he said that he used Borderview Imports in Lynden WA for transfers to the US.

https://www.borderview.com/

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

162 members (1OntarioJim, 7887mm08, 257 roberts, 320090T, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 15 invisible), 1,055 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,092
Posts18,522,137
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.