Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kaleb
While several people that use suppressors are looking at this thread. What covers do you like? Not only the mirage but I just have one right now and for swapping it around with other rifles. Old pair of leather gloves is working for the swapping but a little red neck….haha

I like the Cole Tac HTP:

https://www.cole-tac.com/product/htp-suppressor-cover/#cover-base-color

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kaleb
While several people that use suppressors are looking at this thread. What covers do you like? Not only the mirage but I just have one right now and for swapping it around with other rifles. Old pair of leather gloves is working for the swapping but a little red neck….haha

I've got Cole-Tac's on all of mine. HTP on one; Python on another, and Baby Python on the .22RF can. Not sure where I'll go with the HTP or Python (maybe Metal Python) on the KGM R65 I have pending.

https://www.cole-tac.com/

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
There's a guy over on Texas Hunting Forum that has very high quality covers at great prices. I have a couple and they're excellent.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
I run a 5 squared on my 18” 308. I tried all four variations in the office and picked the 5” titanium. Recoil reduction was my need, the noise is less. The shot sound is lessened, an observer at a hundred yards could not tell where the shot originated from. Mine is threaded 5/8x 24. My Kimber barrel is threaded 1/2x28 due to the lack of diameter. I threaded it to fit the adaptor in hand so tolerance stack was minimized to the adaptor. I have not taken it off after install. Been two years and no issues. Lots of rounds and lots of hunting

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by frank500
I run a 5 squared on my 18” 308. I tried all four variations in the office and picked the 5” titanium. Recoil reduction was my need, the noise is less. The shot sound is lessened, an observer at a hundred yards could not tell where the shot originated from. Mine is threaded 5/8x 24. My Kimber barrel is threaded 1/2x28 due to the lack of diameter. I threaded it to fit the adaptor in hand so tolerance stack was minimized to the adaptor. I have not taken it off after install. Been two years and no issues. Lots of rounds and lots of hunting

Nice! I'll likely get 5 squared for my 12" 6.5 Grendel SBR if I like this 4 squared on my 280AI.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Why wouldn't you put the smaller muffler on the smaller engine?....

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Why wouldn't you put the smaller muffler on the smaller engine?....

To keep overall size of the 22” rifle down, and length is less of a consideration in the 12” rifle vs the 22”, while muzzle blast is more of a consideration on the 12” vs the 22”.

ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I’m on day 0.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I think this video speaks to the concerns of 1/2” muzzle threads. The smaller the thread and the larger the bore, the thinner the steel and increased opportunity for the the result shown in the video.

https://youtu.be/CUm_YXzJJOU

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by drano 25
I think this video speaks to the concerns of 1/2” muzzle threads. The smaller the thread and the larger the bore, the thinner the steel and increased opportunity for the the result shown in the video.

Don’t see how that applies to a barrel that’s already threaded and has been shot safely and extremely accurately a few hundred times, unless I’m missing something.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

Don’t see how that applies to a barrel that’s already threaded and has been shot safely and extremely accurately a few hundred times, unless I’m missing something.

It was intended to be a reply to DanGilbert’s comment.

To your point, even if the bore does open up slightly at the muzzle where it is threaded, it doesn’t necessarily mean there will be an accuracy issue.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
ChrisAU Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by ChrisAU

It was intended to be a reply to DanGilbert’s comment.

To your point, even if the bore does open up slightly at the muzzle where it is threaded, it doesn’t necessarily mean there will be an accuracy issue.

Ah I gotcha!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Great thread bump. I’m just entering the suppressor game and at the same time thinking about playing with building a couple Short Barrel Rifles (SBRs) so this and John Burns thread have caught my attention.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Resonator K is highly rated and available. Not only is it an outstanding, compact can, you don't have to screw around with giving the narcissistic loser Burns or give his company any of your hard earned money.

My thoughts exactly. Be the last place I’d look.

D
djb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Wow, that is 22 LR size. Suppression has to be very limited especially on a 280ai. Hope you are happy with it. Give a report when you get it out of jail

The truth angers those whom it does not convince
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

114 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 14 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,719
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.