Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are lots of people that never grasp the following:

If you fire a bullet from a level barrel and at the same time simply drop a bullet (both simultaneously from the exact same height), they will hit the ground at the same time - one just happens to hit way out there and one at your feet.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by WAM
Originally Posted by Jericho
The best war story I have heard, was in a bar in TX. The guy was telling us that he was SF in VN and they would go on top secret missions without dog tags, name tags on their uniforms, military IDs and weapons without serial numbers......

Maybe you never heard of MACV SOG? Or maybe he had? LOL

I was just about to say the same thing.

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by mathman
Haven't personally met a shooter yet who could explain why gravity exists

Does it?

It exists as a theory.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OK back on track..I once shot a schitt stain off a nats a$$ @ 445 meters with 90 grains of FFF in a TC Hawken .45 caliber. and a Home poured Maxi Ball. ( special recipe) Would've done it twice but that would be showing off!

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Model70Guy
Originally Posted by mathman
Haven't personally met a shooter yet who could explain why gravity exists

Does it?

It exists as a theory.

In 2015 the first gravitational wave was measured using LIGO. Gravity exists as an observable effect, but the physical interpretation depends on the perspective of the observer. Whether an observer interprets gravity as a force or a general relativistic effect doesn’t change the inherent physical property resulting in masses tending to move towards each other in the universe. Of course, space-time being distorted by the presence of mass is explained by the theory of general relativity, which has so far been completely consistent with all our measurements and observations of the universe. So there’s that.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And yet it moves.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Some people state things way beyond man’s pay grade. Edk

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

See? There is such a thing as a Partridge front sight:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Every day’s an adventure.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
not really shooting related, but it involved rinking prowess. I stopped a car one night for a traffic violation. while conversing with the driver I was getting hints of an intoxicating beverage on his breath between ciggarette drags. I asked him if he had had any alcohol to drink that night and he immediately responde with 23 beers.

I said you've drank 23 beers tonight. he replied, yessir. I said well why don't you step on out here and we will go through a few sobriety tests. again he said no sir, why don;t you just pull your car up next to my door and ill slide myself right into the back of your car. If I try and get out now i'll fall over and not get up again. there was a case of coors light with 23 empty cans in his back seat. I asked him how he knew he had drank 23 and he said well he was fishing in the box and there was only one left when I lit him up

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gitem_12
not really shooting related, but it involved rinking prowess. I stopped a car one night for a traffic violation. while conversing with the driver I was getting hints of an intoxicating beverage on his breath between ciggarette drags. I asked him if he had had any alcohol to drink that night and he immediately responde with 23 beers.

I said you've drank 23 beers tonight. he replied, yessir. I said well why don't you step on out here and we will go through a few sobriety tests. again he said no sir, why don;t you just pull your car up next to my door and ill slide myself right into the back of your car. If I try and get out now i'll fall over and not get up again. there was a case of coors light with 23 empty cans in his back seat. I asked him how he knew he had drank 23 and he said well he was fishing in the box and there was only one left when I lit him up

He was honest.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by WAM
The best war story I have heard, was in a bar in TX. The guy was telling us that he was SF in VN and they would go on top secret missions without dog tags, name tags on their uniforms, military IDs and weapons without serial numbers......

X2. Jericho, Google MACV SOG Across the fence.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by jc189
Originally Posted by WAM

It’s one of my favorites. Tilt is one of my grown man hero’s as are the other Recon men. The work they all did was amazing. Even today stuff like that would blow peoples minds.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WAM

Just ordered it from Jeff.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just checked out MACV SOG, very interesting....so the weapons without serial numbers was true?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Just checked out MACV SOG, very interesting....so the weapons without serial numbers was true?

Not sure about the serials as I wasn’t there with them but they were allowed allowed a lot of liberties with their weapons.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The guy seemed pretty serious when he was telling us this stuff, wasnt bragging and actually looked like he was still in the military, hair cut, demeanor, etc.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just lost a good friend that was there. Spent time across the fence, MACV SOG member 67-69. Incredible stories.

bcp Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can put all my shots into one hole at 1000 yards.

Photo of the target here:

https://tinyurl.com/yunpbyd3

smile

Bruce

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I just lost a good friend that was there. Spent time across the fence, MACV SOG member 67-69. Incredible stories.

Sorry for the loss of your buddy. Those fellas did amazing work and when you look back at their ages it’s even more incredible. They’re still looked upon highly for their actions in Vietnam.

Semper Fi
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BRISTECD
There are lots of people that never grasp the following:

If you fire a bullet from a level barrel and at the same time simply drop a bullet (both simultaneously from the exact same height), they will hit the ground at the same time - one just happens to hit way out there and one at your feet.

What if the gun is a magnum shooting a liteweight bullet?

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

170 members (35, 2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 16 invisible), 1,590 guests, and 1,042 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,961
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.