Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Wrong, like all you fools that still believe Viet Nam was started by Johnson and we didn't have any troops there until '65. When in fact, it was Nixon that first sent troops their as VP under Eisenhower while the French were still there. Most of you all don't know nothin from nothin.

Phil

I believe we unofficially had troops in Veitnam starting in 60-61, the real action didn't start until 65 though.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Fùck off Phil.

This is worth repeating !

& reinforcing !!

Fùck off Phil.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Use any examples you'd like, doesn't change the facts...

Link

Phil

The fact is, JFK said we would never be in war in Vietnam. He died and LBJ opened the conflict up with US troops, while ladybirds family had extensive holdings in Brown&Root, Sea Container and Bell Helicopter. He became a taxpayer made billionaire.

On his deathbed, Robert McNamara admitted he and LBJ agreed the US would not win the Vietnam War. Clearing his soul before meeting his maker.
On Jackie's deathbed she told Caroline that LBJ was responsible for her dads death.

Bill Clinton sold our missile guidance tech to China and financed NKs nuclear weapons.

Zero financed and had ISIS formed and financed Irans nuclear weapons program and the POS worthless nuclear arms treaty that had no restriction on them producing ICBMs. When is their 10 year nuclear weapons restrictions over?

The Taliban has cut off the CIA cash cow that helped fund the deep state NWO cabal by ending poppy growing.

Putin has cut off the deep state NWO cabal by destroying the money laundering in the Nazi homeland of Ukraine.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Wrong, like all you fools that still believe Viet Nam was started by Johnson and we didn't have any troops there until '65. When in fact, it was Nixon that first sent troops their as VP under Eisenhower while the French were still there. Most of you all don't know nothin from nothin.

Phil

I believe we unofficially had troops in Veitnam starting in 60-61, the real action didn't start until 65 though.

3/08/65 Good Memory!
9th Marine Expeditionary Brigade sent to guard the airbase in Da Nang

.... like tears in the rain
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hell, Military Assistance Command (Viet Nam) was created way before Johnson was President, in fact it was just shortly after the Kenndy/Johnson administration took office because troop levels were becoming to high. President Johnsons so called escalation was based on the lies of Westmorland, and in part later of the later Army chief of Staff Keith Johnson. All that is easy to dig up if wanted. But for all you that would rather believe all the far right conspiracy's and would rather overthrow our government, go for it!

Phil

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
So called......

Which way was it then dipshit?

Was it an escalation or wasn't it?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

50 years ago: Army executes rapid buildup in Vietnam

WASHINGTON (Army News Service, Aug. 3, 2015) -- In early 1965, about 50,000 U.S. troops, mostly advisors, were in South Vietnam. By the end of 1966, that number had grown to 385,000 with the majority being Army...

...The rapid buildup was not really part of the original strategy, Jones said. The U.S. advisors, including some 1,200 Green Berets, were there to buy time to train up the South Vietnamese, who would then carry the fight to the enemy on their own initiative.

But things weren't going well. In 1965, President Lyndon Johnson's administration and military leaders became aware that South Vietnam was on the verge of collapse, Jones said. Insurgents controlled about half of South Vietnam, along with about a third of the population.

Furthermore, South Vietnamese forces were not showing a willingness to fight and many were deserting. There were even concerns that Saigon could fall unless more U.S. troops were sent in to bolster the country. The role was beginning to change from advise and assist to offensive action.

Johnson, who was a senator during the Korean War, remembered how President Harry S. Truman had been castigated by the Republicans for "losing" China. "That stayed in his memory," Jones said. He didn't want Saigon to fall on his watch. ...

1968 in the Vietnam War

...U.S. troop numbers peaked in 1968 with President Johnson approving an increased maximum number of U.S. troops in Vietnam at 549,500. The year was the most expensive in the Vietnam War with the American spending US$77.4 billion (US$ 603 billion in 2022) on the war. The year also became the deadliest of the Vietnam War for America and its allies with 27,915 ARVN soldiers killed and the Americans suffering 16,592 killed compared to around two hundred thousand PAVN/VC killed. The deadliest day of the Vietnam War for the U.S. was 31 January at the start of the Tet Offensive when 246 Americans were killed in action. ,,,

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted by jaguartx
Use any examples you'd like, doesn't change the facts...

Link

Phil

The fact is, JFK said we would never be in war in Vietnam. He died and LBJ opened the conflict up with US troops, while ladybirds family had extensive holdings in Brown&Root, Sea Container and Bell Helicopter. He became a taxpayer made billionaire.

On his deathbed, Robert McNamara admitted he and LBJ agreed the US would not win the Vietnam War. Clearing his soul before meeting his maker.
On Jackie's deathbed she told Caroline that LBJ was responsible for her dads death.

Bill Clinton sold our missile guidance tech to China and financed NKs nuclear weapons.

Zero financed and had ISIS formed and financed Irans nuclear weapons program and the POS worthless nuclear arms treaty that had no restriction on them producing ICBMs. When is their 10 year nuclear weapons restrictions over?

The Taliban has cut off the CIA cash cow that helped fund the deep state NWO cabal by ending poppy growing.

Putin has cut off the deep state NWO cabal by destroying the money laundering in the Nazi homeland of Ukraine.

Yer gonna git yerself in trouble with the disinformation people Jag !

Dont tell them about the heroin being smuggled back in body bags , they'll never believe ya.

Iran/Contra ? Well dirty is dirty.

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 05/04/22.

.... like tears in the rain
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Hell, Military Assistance Command (Viet Nam) was created way before Johnson was President, in fact it was just shortly after the Kenndy/Johnson administration took office because troop levels were becoming to high. President Johnsons so called escalation was based on the lies of Westmorland, and in part later of the later Army chief of Staff Keith Johnson. All that is easy to dig up if wanted. But for all you that would rather believe all the far right conspiracy's and would rather overthrow our government, go for it!

Phil

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Remember when military suicides sky rocketed under Obama and now Dementia Joe

Suicide Rate Among Vets and Active Duty Military Jumps - Now 22 A Day

From the VA under that war monger Obama

https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2427

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
And I see the stock market today keeps crashing under the Demokkkkrats

https://www.fidelity.com/news/article/top-news/202205040832RTRSNEWSCOMBINED_KCN2MQ0XI-OUSBS_1

No wonder Pelosi and Schiff are over in Ukraine trying to start WWIII

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

NG units served and died in combat in Vietnam, too:

National Guard's Deadlest Days In Vietnam

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW.. my great uncle was an early special forces advisor training the S Vietnamese in '61 ..Home base for his unit was just across the border in Thailand however even then he mentioned Air America was heavily involved in clandestine air ops...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
FWIW.. my great uncle was an early special forces advisor training the S Vietnamese in '61 ..Home base for his unit was just across the border in Thailand however even then he mentioned Air America was heavily involved in clandestine air ops...

I bet he had some interesting stories. Those guys were a rare class of soldiers

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
The true numbers in country both CIA and SF in the 50's have never been released, but exceeded 15,000 before '60 and rapidly increased before '62 hence the formation of MACV, It had more than risen to just assistance well before Kenndy/Johnson Administration.

And hell talk about the number of kids and civilians killed in that air strike, look up the number of civilians and children killed in air strikes during the trump years after he deliberately eased restrictions..

Phil

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Packing a single action, cross draw. Nice.

Would love to know if he used it in anger or was mostly "just in case"

Me

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And hell talk about the number of kids and civilians killed in that air strike, look up the number of civilians and children killed in air strikes during the trump years after he deliberately eased restrictions..

Phil

What's your point? gooks and terrs are all in and for that matter so are democrats so there is that.

But since YOU made the statement regarding KIAs it is incumbent on YOU to substantiate the claim, unless of course you're a scumbag which we all know you are. And BTW, offensive air operations in SEA didn't start until WELL into democrat administrations, before that it was mostly all Black Ops.

Last edited by jorgeI; 05/04/22.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Teal

Packing a single action, cross draw. Nice.

Would love to know if he used it in anger or was mostly "just in case"

Don't really know for sure if he ever used it however he served multiple deployments and was wounded in '63

I never saw him much after '65 but even then he sort of talked me into the AF and said close air support was really needed { visions of things to come maybe } ..little did I know then four years later I'd be flying CAS missions

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

The VMAG, were stationed in Takalei, Thailand, and operated in Laos, Cambodia, and both N.Vietnam and S. Vietnam, then know as French Indio China, The French were kicked out in 1958, a lot of people in that area spoke French. Rio7

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
There is some very interesting information re the war in Vietnam and the continuous role played by the CIA, by Frank Snepp, a CIA officer who was there for five years. It is Decent Interval. There are copies around cheaper than Amazon's price. I met Snepp years ago in Los Angeles. He was an interesting man.

https://www.amazon.com/Decent-Interval-Insiders-Indecent-Strategy/dp/0700612130

As far as the genesis of our involvement, it goes clear back to Democrat Prez. Truman and his decision to refuse to help Ho Chi Minh who requested the U.S. help to unify Vietnam. Playing international politics, Truman sided with the French in keeping France's imperial interests there intact. Truman and his advisors wanted France in NATO, and supporting France's position in Vietnam was a condition. We all know what happened to the French in Vietnam. The various subsequent presidential decisions led us into "Vietnam."

I was already out of the Army when Vietnam blew wide open. When I lived in Los Angeles, I had a very good friend who was a former Navy SEAL who served there. He told me that it was fugged up from the git go. He died last year as a result of Agent Orange. The communists could not kill him but our Government and Monsanto did.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1minute, 1_deuce, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 1234, 70 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,539
Posts18,472,836
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.