Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by viking
I look at it like this.. If you bought it when it was legal, then a person should be grandfathered in. Here some bastard comes along Willy nilly and with the stroke of a pen it’s illegal, Fuqk that.

There are untold thousands out there right now. As stupid as they are, do they really intend on making them all walking felonies?

I really think they are that stupid and arrogant at this point. I

Honestly, how many ATF agents has the average 'gun guy' seen in person? You local.LEOs shouldn't give a sweet schitt, so..........

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Yeah if you're in question if you got a pistol or an SBR just send it to him and they'll tell you LOL like you never see it again no matter what....

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Personally, I am done worrying about their rules. If I feel like following a rule, I will. If I don’t, I won’t. The day some loser with nothing better to do decides to make an issue of some rule I ignored, to the point of me looking at time in prison or my rights stolen, will be the day the war begins for me. Once started, it won’t stop until I am dead or things change to suit me better. I am fine either way. Leave me alone, we all live to be old and wiser. Be a prick, get what comes to ya.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Shhhhhhh......🤫🤫🤫

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OldGrayWolf,
2 thumbs up !!

IC B2

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I hear you buddy, but somebody gotta tell them what waits if they keep pushing. I am in no way saying I want illegal stuff or anything else, just that I do as I please, and will do so as long as I live. Felonies have simply gotten too numerous and too silly for me to concern myself with trying to always be that good guy that does everything legal. I live my life, and a smart man will let me. Idiots will suffer. It’s worked for a few decades so far.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here’s the points form the ATF has initially proposed. Final regulations are due in August 2022. The form will probably be tweaked a bit one way or another. With the zoo crew in charge today you can bet it will be more restricted. Very subjective points.

Points Form

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by shootem
Here’s the points form the ATF has initially proposed. Final regulations are due in August 2022. The form will probably be tweaked a bit one way or another. With the zoo crew in charge today you can bet it will be more restricted. Very subjective points.

Points Form

And you can be sure it'll be challenged in court hopefully, it'll come out like it should . Ruled against. But what me somewhat if the court lets that stand you can be sure they'll start applying a point system to all firearms and make it down there and possible for anything to pass

Last edited by ldholton; 05/07/22.
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep. Until the barrel length gets moved below 16 inches. Or the adjustable butt stock becomes a no no. Or until you can only buy one a year. Or your magazines become felonies too.

Not letting them tell me how to live. I am not Rambo but I am not taking their schit either.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I look at it like this.. If you bought it when it was legal, then a person should be grandfathered in. Here some bastard comes along Willy nilly and with the stroke of a pen it’s illegal, Fuqk that.

There are untold thousands out there right now. As stupid as they are, do they really intend on making them all walking felonies?

I really think they are that stupid and arrogant at this point. I

Honestly, how many ATF agents has the average 'gun guy' seen in person? You local.LEOs shouldn't give a sweet schitt, so..........

Good point(s).

MAGA
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Yeah, if the FFL sold it to you, with the brace on, and assured you it was legally just a pistol, well that's a Federal Firearms Licensee (essentially, an agent of the Federal Government), so you've done your due diligence, and that should be the end of it.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yeah, if the FFL sold it to you, with the brace on, and assured you it was legally just a pistol, well that's a Federal Firearms Licensee (essentially, an agent of the Federal Government), so you've done your due diligence, and that should be the end of it.

A problem there is length, overall & barrel. You can, for example, have a barrel less than the 16” requirement but easily fail the 26” overall length. On the AR forum I think it was MontanaMan or MontanaMarine (?) did some measurements that showed an 11 1/2” or shorter barrel is required to meet the 26” overall requirement.

I’ve seen barrels up to 13.9” for sale from a dealer or manufacturer with the disclaimer a pistol lower required to mount the barrel on. But with the max overall length in effect that’s contradictory to what the atf appears to propose. Clear as mud right now. There are plenty of opinions around that make a reasonable argument the National Firearms Act of 1934 was never intended to include short barreled rifles. Without adding SBR to the mix none of this would be debated.

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
1 member likes this: The_Real_Hawkeye
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

A problem there is length, overall & barrel. You can, for example, have a barrel less than the 16” requirement but easily fail the 26” overall length. On the AR forum I think it was MontanaMan or MontanaMarine (?) did some measurements that showed an 11 1/2” or shorter barrel is required to meet the 26” overall requirement.

I’ve seen barrels up to 13.9” for sale from a dealer or manufacturer with the disclaimer a pistol lower required to mount the barrel on. But with the max overall length in effect that’s contradictory to what the atf appears to propose. Clear as mud right now. There are plenty of opinions around that make a reasonable argument the National Firearms Act of 1934 was never intended to include short barreled rifles. Without adding SBR to the mix none of this would be debated.

It's all f****** bullschit anyway. All this measuring this barrel and that overall length. Designed to make you a criminal after the fact. F*** that.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by martinstrummer
I just don't buy a barrel less than 16" in length!
Easy peasy!
Compliance is the answer.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Exactly. It is most certainly infringement. Like the new Department of Regulated Speech; don’t argue the qualifications of the director. Argue the unconstitutionality of the department.

Here, don’t argue minutiae. Argue the illegality of the act.

1 member likes this: The_Real_Hawkeye
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
There are plenty of opinions around that make a reasonable argument the National Firearms Act of 1934 was never intended to include short barreled rifles. Without adding SBR to the mix none of this would be debated.
Correct. At some point, someone slipped handguns into the types of firearms that would require a Federal tax to own, and the nation went nuts calling their Congressmen demanding they be removed. Congress obliged, and removed handguns, but forgot to remove SBRs and SBSs, as having already removed handguns from the list made leaving SBRs and SBSs on the list completely nonsensical. Handguns were placed on the list because they were concealable. The same rationale was used for putting SBRs and SBSs on the list. Removing handguns from the list should have also gotten SBRs and SBSs off the list, since they were on the list for the same reason, yet SBRs and SBSs are less concealable than handguns. Utter nonsense. Someone just forgot to remove them along with handguns from the original list of firearms to require a Federal tax, and that's literally the only reason they remained on the list when it was voted on.

1 member likes this: shootem
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Just gave you a “like” to see what happens.

L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
And you know some of them SOB's are hoping for the influx of SBR permits for the $$
Just think of AR pistol that they say is an SBR that's out there currently had to spend 200 bucks to keep it think of the amount of money that is.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ldholton
And you know some of them SOB's are hoping for the influx of SBR permits for the $$
Just think of AR pistol that they say is an SBR that's out there currently had to spend 200 bucks to keep it think of the amount of money that is.

And 1 more reason to now have you on a list. F*** that.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ldholton

And 1 more reason to now have you on a list. F*** that.
Yes , so they know where to start "looking" and if you have a tax stamp something they also have the right to come in and look at everything else you have is my understanding. There's a reason some people have multiple safes in different places.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

702 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 76 invisible), 3,157 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,106
Posts18,483,278
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.