Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Who make some of the better Travel Trailers? 2 kids, myself and a wife.
S.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Run. Only thing worse than a travel trailer is a boat.

LOL
1 member likes this: shootbrownelk
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Outdoors RV

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Airstream

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agree on the Airstream, but they are all rolling time bombs. That said we enjoyed the heck out of one for the years our kids were young. And ours was old and cheap, just well taken care of.

IC B2

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Look for an older Airstream, Avion or Silver Streak in excellent condition.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
With Travel Trailers almost everything depends on how well you care for them. There are some that are built better than others and personally I don't care much for the rounded aluminum units like the Airstream, Silver Streak, etc... because of the loss of cabinet space and head room in the corners but that is just me.

If you want to find out which are the best trailers made, this site probably isn't the best place to ask IMO.... I was really pleased with the Komfort we had for a very long time, but that is just one opinion and is worth what you paid for it...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
1 member likes this: memtb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They all seem to be stapled together balsa wood. As said, find a nice used one that was taken care of.

Today though, every damn thing has gotten ridiculous. Good luck.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Northwood Manufacturing (Nash and Arctic Fox) makes the best campers imho…but that’s still a pretty low bar.

They are a GREAT “investment” in family-time though. I strongly advise a used camper. Preferably something stored under cover. Roofs are the weakest link, and can ruin a camper in short order. Learn to look for leaks while shopping for campers.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
When I started looking at RVs I decided on a Lance 2285. Lance is not part of the big 3 or big for RV companies that make a bunch of different brands. I suggest looking them up on line and seeing how they compare. We looked at the silver twinkies too but felt we got more for our money with the Lance.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Well I have no doubt they are a pretty $hit investment in terms of accelerated entropy, however… the wife and kids. My wife and I are polar opposites in terms of “camping”.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm liking Rockwood travel trailers now. I guess I do, there is one hooked up to the rear of my truck at this time.

I have looked at those previous mentioned by other posters. I think this one is best for me and my family.
Do your investigating. See how they are all built, metal studs or wood? Truss system: Metal or Wood? The battel of dealing with mold in closed in area of your attic. Just to name a few things to ponder.

Wish you all the best my friend.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Artic Fox make some nice travel trailers.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Oliver travel trailers. Pricy but very good.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I just picked up a Grand Design did months of research .....if your going to buy new you will loose close to 50% of the total new price in 3 years sort of like buying a auto....thats what I did and payed less than 50% of what it cost new....there a many that are hardly used and or people want to get from under them.....

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pal
Look for an older Airstream, Avion or Silver Streak in excellent condition.
Somebody here on the Fire has an old Silver Streak that looks incredible. Maybe it's you, I can't remember.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coyotewacker
I just picked up a Grand Design did months of research .....if your going to buy new you will loose close to 50% of the total new price in 3 years sort of like buying a auto....thats what I did and payed less than 50% of what it cost new....there a many that are hardly used and or people want to get from under them.....

That's not holding true in today's economy. I have a hunch that will change as the economy continues to tank. I wouldn't want to buy a TT thrown together in the post Covid era though.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Once the real economy begins to surface I’m gonna snag me one of those big ass Mercedez type vans.

I need something that allows easy solo travel so I can annoy my adult children when I get bored.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
2 members like this: Dntnddb, 79S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two Montana's they are both 5th wheels one is a 42' and is my main stay in florida for 7 months out of the year, and a 35' that I travel with they other 5 months. Montana's have had the highest rating in they industry for the last 20 years in a row. I like the 35' it is plenty big and you can still get into state parks, and can tow it with my 2500 chevy 6.0 gas pickup.

Dean

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
They’re too small for a family but for durability it’s hard to beat a Casita. The entire outer shell is 2 molded fiberglass half shells. You’d better be on good terms with wife,though, because you’ll be in close quarters.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
1 member likes this: Raspy
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (007FJ, 1234, 1lesfox, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.