Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If Barrett has military contracts that are keeping them busy and they have no inclination to return to FieldCraft bolt action rifle production - why don't they sell the production rights and allow someone else to turn out the firearm?

No dog in this - I like my Kimbers very much and the one FC I shouldered did nothing for me.
Just curious. Barrett could reap a healthy payday and see a top performing rifle back in the market..... Pot stirring, I guess

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

HR IC

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Why risk someone else damaging your rep for quality? Even if it's not Barrett making them, it'll reflect on them, a la Marlin and Remington.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm
Why risk someone else damaging your rep for quality? Even if it's not Barrett making them, it'll reflect on them, a la Marlin and Remington.

Exactly . Putting Kimber and a FC in the same conversation is really funny as well.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I seriously doubt that the rights would go for all that much, certainly not big bucks to Barrett. Anyone desiring to build a light rifle can design their own an/or make use of the custom actions already available. Personally, while I really like mine, I could make do very well with one of the new carbon Howas, the Nosler 21, or even a Kimber Hunter. Given inflation, a new Fieldcraft might well have to be priced up there with the going rate for the first ones.

What fresh Hell is this?
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Fieldcrafts are essentially NULA's with a rail mount and better twists

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rail capable, but mine is back with Talley LWs, as the rail was too high and the added weight, even with
Warne Mountain Techs was more than I wanted.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
No.
There is history already.

Colt had good QC, but didn't really understand the concept or they would have not had that stock and would have been marketed better.

The Forbes 24b seemed to have QC problems starting early.

Barrett seems to have QC down. And they understand the concept. I'd love to have one, but I'll be patient or do without instead of buying a new lemon.

TANSTAAFL
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
you can get a nula in any twist available

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Crowkiller
No.
There is history already.

Colt had good QC, but didn't really understand the concept or they would have not had that stock and would have been marketed better.

The Forbes 24b seemed to have QC problems starting early.

Barrett seems to have QC down. And they understand the concept. I'd love to have one, but I'll be patient or do without instead of buying a new lemon.

What do you find wrong with the CLR stock?

The CLR was designed to be a production rifle with a price point that would make it competitive with comparable REM/RUG/WIN bolt guns. I spent $900 on the NULA stock, trigger, firing pin spring, and follower upgrades and don't know that I'd do it again.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For the price the NULA I hope twist options are available, I just did not know they were......

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by wyoming260
Fieldcrafts are essentially NULA's with a rail mount and better twists

...and a stainless action.

The chambering, twist, contour, barrel length, LOP, and color are up to the buyer with a NULA.

Lots of similarities, but some significant differences as well. For what they originally sold for, it's hard to beat the bang for the buck of a Fieldcraft. For what some Fieldcrafts are going for now, something like an anTi with choice of barrel and stock can be done at a pretty close price.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My guess is that Barrett has been approached already by someone wanting to buy the fieldcraft line and has chosen not to sell it.
Just a guess.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I would figure military contracts are not forever so they might be planning ahead

Last edited by pacecars; 05/09/22.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
If Barrett has military contracts that are keeping them busy and they have no inclination to return to FieldCraft bolt action rifle production - why don't they sell the production rights and allow someone else to turn out the firearm?

No dog in this - I like my Kimbers very much and the one FC I shouldered did nothing for me.
Just curious. Barrett could reap a healthy payday and see a top performing rifle back in the market..... Pot stirring, I guess

I don't see Kimber returning to the rifle market anytime soon either. It would be a very good time for a company to pick up where Kimber and Barrett has left off.

NRA Lifetime Endowment Member
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Blacktail53
Barrett could reap a healthy payday and see a top performing rifle back in the market..... Pot stirring, I guess
What made the fieldcraft special was Barrett - their manufacturing excellence, QC, and build quality.

As for healthy payday - I’m in agreement with Pappy that selling the rights probably would not amount to much.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
According to a thread in this section dated 1-5-22 titled Barrett Fieldcraft,

The design & intellectual property for the Barrett FC was in the process of selling to Fieldcraft Rifle Co. An llc formed in Nov. 21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunzo

The design & intellectual property for the Barrett FC was in the process of selling to Fieldcraft Rifle Co. An llc formed in Nov. 21.

Probably owned by Elon Musk. smile

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunzo

Yes.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...rch/true/barrett-fieldcraft#Post16804078

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In there shoes I wouldn't sell it I'd keep it as insurance incase their gov't contracts fold .US Govt is good at that....mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
In there shoes I wouldn't sell it I'd keep it as insurance incase their gov't contracts fold .US Govt is good at that....mb
This where I would be in their situation. “Uncle Sugar” can be a very mercurial customer at times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

264 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 17Fan, 1beaver_shooter, 29 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 1,073 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,745
Posts18,495,180
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.