Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Excellent video....EV's emitt more pollution than petroleum powered cars....

Tarquin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Well yeah but they're so cool, huh. It feels so good.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Then there is this.

Electricity Shortage Warnings Grow Across U.S.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/electricity-shortage-warnings-grow-across-u-s-11652002380

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
And he is wrong if he thinks "renewables" ("unreliables" actually) will or can power EV charging. That can only happen with massive batteries for storing electricity given the intermittent production from "renewables", assuming the technology is even available to produce such batteries and make them efficient. So you still have the same problem, the industrial input required to manufacture massive battery storage to capture the energy produced by "renewables" is probably larger than that required for engines consuming petrol.

Tarquin
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
On a road trip from Denver to Cascade Locks, OR, I didn’t see any Tesla's on the 70, 15, or 84 once we got 50 plus miles away from any cities.

IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Tarquin
And he is wrong if he thinks "renewables" ("unreliables" actually) will or can power EV charging. That can only happen with massive batteries for storing electricity given the intermittent production from "renewables", assuming the technology is even available to produce such batteries and make them efficient. So you still have the same problem, the industrial input required to manufacture massive battery storage to capture the energy produced by "renewables" is probably larger than that required for engines consuming petrol.

Not to mention the environmental impact of lithium mining (in Afghanistan by China) which is extraordinary.

I am pretty sure many pushing this agenda are assuming that only the richest will be road-tripping or traveling once the reset has taken its toll.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How long is their range when -20 and you need the heater on
Or 120 in the desert and you want cool driving?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Status toys for rich and idle urbanites...a few years back it was lookalike humvees. The USPS fleet replacement buy brouha tells us all we need to know about EVs at this point of development. USPS just flat out said they can't afford it. Got the numbers to prove it. I predict a new branch of violent crime, as the obviously affluent EV owners sit around charging stations for a half hour waiting for enough electrons to make it to the next recharge.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Status toys for rich and idle urbanites...a few years back it was lookalike humvees. The USPS fleet replacement buy brouha tells us all we need to know about EVs at this point of development. USPS just flat out said they can't afford it. Got the numbers to prove it. I predict a new branch of violent crime, as the obviously affluent EV owners sit around charging stations for a half hour waiting for enough electrons to make it to the next recharge.

Word.

Gas/electric might be okay. Total electric, no thanks.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The “problems” with them, cost of the vehicle, cost of energy, and range of the vehicle per charge, just to name a few.
Gonna order me a 23 Silverado next month, and it will be 6.2L gas.

NRA Patron
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Said another way, electric vehicles have a long way to go before the technology is really mature.

Internal combustion has been refined for many years and is about as good as it will ever be.

That will change over time. I doubt that my next vehicle will be electric or hybrid, but someday maybe.

We all know advertising works, we just don’t think it works on US!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm of the opinion that EV is the latest revenue cow for the investment/fed/state tax money handlers. Just like ethanol was/is.

I do not believe that investors/.gov give a chit about my health through clean air or climate change. Follow the money always.

GOA
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
They can’t pull a fifth wheel trailer up a hill.

Hard Pass …

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Tarquin

Not to mention the environmental impact of lithium mining (in Afghanistan by China) which is extraordinary.

I am pretty sure many pushing this agenda are assuming that only the richest will be road-tripping or traveling once the reset has taken its toll.

The Bucketheads will have all of Africa dug up taking all their rare earth minerals. All the Worlds Eco warriors will not say a thing about it either.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
There is no “problem” with an electric vehicle.

There is a problem with dumb fugks like Tarqueen and the people he votes for thinking they understand a single fugking aspect about energy and it’s consumption at a national level.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
1 member likes this: efw
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Well, duh!...

95% of e-vehicles are still on the road... The other 5% made it home....

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
1 member likes this: Brazos
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problems are numerous & beyond the ability of resources to practically solve them right now, but facts just don't matter to the idiots pushing them.

At some point, reality will set in but by then, the plug on oil based systems may have been pulled.

By then, there will be not real working economy left to save.

MM

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Electric vehicles are a very old idea. The current iterations have come a long way since the lead-acid versions of 100 years ago though and can actually make sense in certain driving situations such as a commuter vehicle. They need batteries with a much higher energy density than the Li-ion batteries provide and charging solutions that aren’t so time consuming.

My biggest complaint is there’s a year wait for a Tesla but at the same time, we’re subsidizing buyers $12k to buy one. Why the hell are we subsidizing a product at all; let alone one that is completely sold out?

Yours in Liberty,

BL
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Well, hell- we just need to pull all the tri-lithium out of the Enterprise and her sister star-ships and put it into car batteries.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

T
Tarquin Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
There is no “problem” with an electric vehicle.

There is a problem with dumb fugks like Tarqueen and the people he votes for thinking they understand a single fugking aspect about energy and it’s consumption at a national level.

Hey stupid. Take it up with the guy in the video. I'm just the messenger. Retard.

Tarquin
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

163 members (2UP, 470Evans, 44mc, 375TN, 7887mm08, 16 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 1,037 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,243
Posts18,485,961
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.