Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 700LH

Haven't seen that, but I have seen plenty of guys walking down the road with a gas can in their hands.......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A 240v generator will charge them a lot faster but to get that, you need one about 4k watts or bigger.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
My question is, what the hell are they going to do with all of the dead batteries after they expire and quit working? They're going to need a hazardous waste dump just for batteries.

The other question I have is, how much will it cost to replace the batteries in a car? How many miles do you get out one set of batteries before you have to replace them?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
My question is, what the hell are they going to do with all of the dead batteries after they expire and quit working? They're going to need a hazardous waste dump just for batteries.

The other question I have is, how much will it cost to replace the batteries in a car? How many miles do you get out one set of batteries before you have to replace them?

They recycle them.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JeffA

They recycle them.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I wonder what it costs to replace them. It's got to be pricey.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

They recycle them.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. I wonder what it costs to replace them. It's got to be pricey.

Tesla recycles all Tesla’s batteries, with about 94% of the contents reused. Because the whole Tesla battery thing is only really 10 years old (Model S), there are very (VERY) few post consumer batteries that are even available for recycling. Almost all of those come from “taxi-like” vehicles, according to Musk in an interview this month.

With Cobalt at $80,000 a ton, there’s some monetary incentive to recycle, there.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Teslas don't get a tax incentive.

People who buy them do.

There are no Federal tax incentives on any Tesla sold for at least the last several years. Local and State jurisdictions may still have incentives.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
EV is part of the energy/transportation section.

NOTHING MORE... a small piece in a very large puzzle.

.GOV manipulations (i.e. $$$ incentives, ethanol, carbon credits et al) are trying to prop EV up as a much bigger piece... but it is NOT.

NOR will it be for quite some time.

FAR TOO MANY LOGISTIC PROBLEMS TO SOLVE.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Dutch

People who buy them do.

There are no Federal tax incentives on any Tesla sold for at least the last several years. Local and State jurisdictions may still have incentives.

MD, NJ and Southern Cal have Federal incentives for certain vehicles (i.e. Prius PRIME et al)... Teslas also? Not sure.

The point is moot however... Dealer's mark up the MSRP by $5k and that vaporizes the $5k incentive.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

People who buy them do.

You sure about that?

https://electrek.co/2022/04/15/which-electric-vehicles-still-qualify-for-us-federal-tax-credit/

I know they wee still giving tax credits in December 2019 when my wife bought one.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

People who buy them do.

You sure about that?

https://electrek.co/2022/04/15/which-electric-vehicles-still-qualify-for-us-federal-tax-credit/

I know they wee still giving tax credits in December 2019 when my wife bought one.

Again Teslas don't qualify for tax credits.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I stand corrected. Seems like Tesla no longer needs tax credits to sell their vehicles.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

They recycle them.

Just for comparison on a much smaller scale.

8, quality 6 volt batteries for a 48 volt golf cart will run close to 1k$ with taxes included.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Nothing wrong with electric.

Especially if it saves some gasoline and diesel for the rest of us that rely on it.

Bring on the electrics...bring on the hybrids.

Bring on diesel electric.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Especially if it saves some gasoline and diesel for the rest of us that rely on it.

wait till they make you buy electric tractors and combines.and pick up trucks to haul it to town.You know its coming

NRA Life Member
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by rem shooter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

wait till they make you buy electric tractors and combines.and pick up trucks to haul it to town.You know its coming

No, I don't know that's coming.

We aren't going to get rid of oil. The military industrial complex and big oil would never allow it.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by viking
And then there is this. I had a friend that new him personally. He said the oil companies bought him out and cave him a new car. Tom, was told no more inventing…. Well he couldn’t leave it alone. My late friend said, we all warned him. He ended up dead in the desert…

https://elpasotimes.typepad.com/morgue/2008/04/200-miles-on-tw.html

Ha. The mythical 100 mpg carburetor. Bigfoot has a stash of them, but he won't share. laugh My uncle's neighbor had a second cousin whose friend explained it all to him in a bar one night.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
When we see Musk’s Space X launch an electric rocket or when NASCAR starts running them, then it’ll be game on.

Until that time pack a generator with you if you ain’t just daily commuting and sign up for AAA towing services.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

457 members (1_deuce, 204guy, 1moredeer, 160user, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 57 invisible), 2,685 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,238
Posts18,485,816
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.