JFC look at this sexy rifle...

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/930559797

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
What a beauty!!! I don't know what they are bringing these days. They were never giving them away, but that is a hefty sum!

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor Member
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Slick barrel?
Barrel stamps and S/N?

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
BKinSD: If "correct" that would be a wonderful Rifle to own.
Sadly (and typically of "gunbreaker" sellers/scammers!) the very most important features of the Rifle are omitted ON PURPOSE!
First of all NO serial number is visible in any of the gunbreaker photos!
Secondly NO roll mark stampings are visible in any of the gunbreaker photos!
Thirdly NO proof markings are visible in any of the gunbreaker photos!
In disgust of gunbreaker I won't go on - but suffice it to say I will never, and I have never, opted to partake of gunbreaker - just way to many dishonest. deceitful, devious, scammers thereon.
I have a LONG list of guntrading friends, buddies and acquaintances who have been victimized by and on gunbreaker.
My advice "swoon" over guns in face to face circumstances (i.e. gunshows, gunshops, estate sales, auctions, friend transactions and buying from relatives and known sellers).
This policy has served me exceptionally well for way over half a century now.
Again I hope that Rifle is the real deal but can't make that conclusion from the info/photos provided.
NO ONE has bid on it in weeks now and with a day and a half left I doubt anyone will!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Holy smoke. I totally missed that! I will have to read the description! Was that mentioned?

IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
BKinSD: If "correct" that would be a wonderful Rifle to own.
Sadly (and typically of "gunbreaker" sellers/scammers!) the very most important features of the Rifle are omitted ON PURPOSE!
First of all NO serial number is visible in any of the gunbreaker photos!
Secondly NO roll mark stampings are visible in any of the gunbreaker photos!
Thirdly NO proof markings are visible in any of the gunbreaker photos!
In disgust of gunbreaker I won't go on - but suffice it to say I will never, and I have never, opted to partake of gunbreaker - just way to many dishonest. deceitful, devious, scammers thereon.
I have a LONG list of guntrading friends, buddies and acquaintances who have been victimized by and on gunbreaker.
My advice "swoon" over guns in face to face circumstances (i.e. gunshows, gunshops, estate sales, auctions, friend transactions and buying from relatives and known sellers).
This policy has served me exceptionally well for way over half a century now.
Again I hope that Rifle is the real deal but can't make that conclusion from the info/photos provided.
NO ONE has bid on it in weeks now and with a day and a half left I doubt anyone will!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
That may be your take on it, but gunbroker is not nearly as bad as you think it is. Some of you post is full of schidt. Just sayin.. I'm not looking for likes either, just trying to keep this schidt real. Your impression of GB is laughable.. There are some ridiculously priced rifles there, but you see that with everything these days. Its a good time to be selling, but I would not say every damn gunbroker seller is as dishonest as you say they are..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
This has been on gunbroker for a while; seller periodically reduces the price. I suspect it is approaching the range in which it might sell.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N

“Factio democratica delenda est"
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yes, and I think a FW would go for more.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
N
No doubt Joe.

That .257 was listed this morning. Didn't last long.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
bsa1917: Ignorant people are PRONE to exaggerating/lying - YOU my fine feathered little friend are exaggerating/lying!
I have NEVER said every seller (or buyer) on gunbreaker is "dishonest" like you posted - that is an exaggeration/lie on your part!
Please stop exaggerating/lying when conversing with me - I won't let you get away with that!
I personally have known at least 35 - 40 gun enthusiasts over the last 15+ years who have been scammed and treated dishonestly via gunbreaker - that is what I have conveyed and am conveying to you - AGAIN!
If YOU can not understand that then add stupid/belligerent to your aforementioned list of negatives (exaggerator/liar!)!
In 60+ years of gun buying in person I have yet to be scammed as so many of my friends/trading partners have been, on gunbreaker!
Can't do that on gunbreaker (go for 60+ years of gun buying without be scammed!).
Never used gunbreaker - never will - not because, as you misrepresent, "all dealers there are dishonest" - it is because TO MANY dealers there are dishonest!
You, my fine feathered little friend, are the one full ofshit - not I!
And again please refrain from lying/exaggerating when conversing with me - as again, I will NOT let the likes of you get away with that.
Happy Mothers Day!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
It sold for $9000. The guy clearly put his info on there to ask him questions and get more info. I wouldn't put pictures of identifying information on the inter webs for a $9000 gun either.

In any event, it was/is one sexy rifle which was exactly my point when I put it up.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Indeed.
Seller has some spectacular rifles (and shotguns) up for sale.
Varmintproof:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/924032819

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Winchester never cataloged sightless SG Fwts.

Hunter S. Thompson
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The box has Special stamped right on it. That earlier one didn't display the box. Same seller.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
That SPECIAL stamp makes the rifle legit?

Hunter S. Thompson
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I would certainly accept that Special stamp to account for the lack of sights. That is the most proof I have seen of a factory modification in quite some time. It makes it legit to me. I can't afford it. Those who can must decide for themselves.

B
BKinSD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Its certainly evidence that figures into the equation. Is it conclusive? probably not. Is it worth considering? Absolutely.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

641 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 1badf350, 007FJ, 65 invisible), 3,226 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.