Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Seriously? Shoot to slow? Where has that been taught and by whom?

Oregon.

Retards.

Thought they handed out chockut cookies..

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
I'm making sure where my wife is and getting behind her. A .410 is bad azz and she shoots is fairly well. Just because you can shoot someone in self defense doesn't mean you should. I had a cop tell me that a few months ago when a punk pulled a knife on me.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hosfly
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Besides cops or army guys here, anybody shot someone?
Yep, This past dec,, Meth head breaking into house.. 3 steps in he was cured 2 mid section 3 in the head and saved one for a twitch of any kind, at 5' 357 taurus,, carry it every where,open,,, 12ga on the counter with#00 ,,Sheriff and HWP took one look an said good job,,, Didnt think twice about it, dont think think about it now,, when you fuQ around ,you find out

Thanks hosfly. That is real world experience contributed to this thread.

GOA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Originally Posted by stxhunter
My problem is I ain't got much ass so carrying one of the 1911s I'm constantly having to pull my pants up because they start sagging.

Suspenders Roger grin

Kahr PM 9 in a pocket holster is easy to conceal not very fast to draw from when seated in the truck though. Never even looked at a .380 because the Kahr is plenty small enough for me.

I'm all about retreat if possible but a bad knee and back have lowered the bar about what presents the possibility of grave harm to myself.
I had to justify my reasons for wanting a concealed carry license here and listed that orthopedic issues made run/hide difficult. No problem obtaining a CCL.

A health issue got you a CCL in California?

🦫
Glorious isn't it? People put some strange reasons and still get a CHL. The CHL deputy told us a woman simply stated she lived in a known and notoriously bad neighborhood and got hers.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yep, This past dec,, Meth head breaking into house.. 3 steps in he was cured 2 mid section 3 in the head and saved one for a twitch of any kind, at 5' 357 taurus,, carry it every where,open,,, 12ga on the counter with#00 ,,Sheriff and HWP took one look an said good job,,, Didnt think twice about it, dont think think about it now,, when you fuQ around ,you find out

And as valid as hosfly’s post is in many conversations of self and home defense, in the context of the original post it’s not salient. As stated, his situation explicitly references open carry, and in his home.

Though it answers your question, it does not reference the scenario as put forth in the OP.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Sheister
Seriously? Shoot to slow? Where has that been taught and by whom?

Oregon.

Retards.

I suppose you guys read the Florida law as "Don't say gay" too, right?

The whole point wasn't to intentionally shoot to slow, but if you have to shoot and don't kill, at least your assailant (s) should be sufficiently subdued by just about any number of hits so you can escape to a safer place. My intention is to get away and to do the most damage to the assailant as possible, but if a hit with what you guys consider an insufficient round doesn't immediately incapacitate someone it will at the very least slow them down enough to stop the aggression or at least give you time and room to get away...

But hey, I've been around here long enough to know I should feel content that we got through around 20 responses before it went off the rails ....

What you're describing (and alleging was advised by some form of "instructor") is that by demonstrating you have a gun in your hand, and that gun going bang, you are going to dissuade a potential perpetrator from continuing on their present course so that you can boot shuffle your way back to someplace safe.

From there you are insinuating that cartridge and firearm selection is a non-factor because it's going to be used like a pack of Black Cats.

That is absolutely absurd.

The firearm is not there to dissuade people so you can run away. The firearm is there to protect you from people that are going to kill you or others or cause egregious levels of harm to you and others.

If they are doing that, they need to be shot. If they are not doing that, the presence of a firearm should not be a factor.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Just wear your mask and you won't have to worry about a Karen bothering you for wearing an Uzi on your belt.
True... Hilarious, but oh, so true!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
My problem is I ain't got much ass so carrying one of the 1911s I'm constantly having to pull my pants up because they start sagging.

Suspenders Roger grin

Kahr PM 9 in a pocket holster is easy to conceal not very fast to draw from when seated in the truck though. Never even looked at a .380 because the Kahr is plenty small enough for me.

I'm all about retreat if possible but a bad knee and back have lowered the bar about what presents the possibility of grave harm to myself.
I have been wearing suspenders for a long time, since my belly is bigger than my hips, and my pants work down even with empty pockets. I used to wear a belt along with the suspenders, to carry a folding knife in a sheath, but learned that suspenders alone work better. With the belt on, when you bend over or squat, you will pull your pants down some, and the belt will keep the suspenders from pulling them back up when when you stand. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by shinbone
Get you and your loved ones to safety.

If that is not possible, only then stand your ground.

I feel a little bit bad for you guys that live in those commie States... hunkering and hiding from government-sponsored thugs.

yeah, in this state if you are white, you have less rights as the victim and respond to the threat, than the perp who was making the threat...

another reason I don't carry in Oregon although open carry is legal... is where I live, there are too many candidates that would tempt you to erase them from society... because that is what they need to happen to them. That is why when I hear about another Meth Head overdosing himself, to me its another victory for decent society.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Will Smith strong.

Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Avoiding the situation ahead of time is the best tactic. Since that dozen’t work 100% of the time, I choose to be prepared. You can avoid a lot of sheit, however, with a bit of pre planning, thinking, and paying attention to your surroundings. I cannot seem to beat this into my wife’s head. She insists on stumbling through this world completely oblivious to what takes place around her.
Wise words here. Was up in Tennessee Ridge last evening to extol the troops at a new TFA Chapter meeting. Pretty drive by the way, that run from I 40 up 13 to Erin is curvy, but I swear I saw my taillights in front of me after the cut off to get to the restaurant...some banjo music too.

Once I get there, quaint little place that is evidently an old house cut up into rooms, we are in the back. I walk through the room and never check up to that door in the far wall. Nice young lady ask me if I am looking for something as I open it and peer about, "A way out" I reply. She seemed confused and said "You just got here?", I replied I might want to come back someday.

Always make sure you can get out of what you got into.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H

And as valid as hosfly’s post is in many conversations of self and home defense, in the context of the original post it’s not salient. As stated, his situation explicitly references open carry, and in his home.

Though it answers your question, it does not reference the scenario as put forth in the OP.
my post was a reply to a specific question BGG. My opinion is you can’t have enough power in your firearm when the situation requires.

I AM AMERICA!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Big holes leak more than small holes. I sure don't want to face two 6foot tall 300 pound men with a 380.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 250Sav_age
Big holes leak more than small holes. I sure don't want to face two 6foot tall 300 pound men with a 380.
But but but it fits nicely in a pocket

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
A full size 1911 is easily concealed when wearing a pair of shorts and a tee shirt.

Not with what I'm packing.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Once you commit to shoot, you'd better be ready to kill them, it's the only right answer.

I intend to give 'em one in the dick first. My hope would be that would stop them and they'd spend the rest of their life sexually frustrated and pissing through a hole in their lower abdomen.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 05/11/22.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Almost got car jacked right before last xmas. Sitting at red light about 630am on way to work. Noticed a guy with no shirt on running up behind the truck, came around side and tried to open my door handle. I gunned it to the right, luckily, no cars were in the right lanes....I didn't have time to look. Looked back and the guy had opened the drivers side door on the vehicle that was in front of me and they were fighting back and forth with the door.

I didn't know if he was armed or not, didn't have time to look. I would certainly think I had a reason to kill him if I decided to, something I've thought about a lot. But I'm not certain. Being aware and gunning it was probably the best thing, and certainly got me out of the situation.

The guy was actually arrested about 15minutes later, told police he was trying to escape from the FBI that was out to kill him.

Last edited by killerv; 05/11/22.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I pulled a gun on a cop once, woman, I got it back in my pocket before she saw it. Stupid untrained girl had no business being a cop. Doorbell rang in middle of night, I look through windows, no one there, no vehicle, etc. I grab my gun and go outside. Get out to around the carport and see someone in all black looking over my back fence. I finally got close enough I saw the belt with all the crap on it. Couldnt imagine what might have happened if she had seen me with a gun in my hand or my hand going in/out of my pocket. She turned around and wanted to start some crap about me shooting fireworks. Said she could see it from a mile away, somehow through a bunch of trees, several subdivisions and apartment complexes. BS story, she was parked down the street which was why I never saw the cop car. A bad guy could have easily capped her ass.

Last edited by killerv; 05/11/22.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Once you commit to shoot, you'd better be ready to kill them, it's the only right answer.

I intend to give 'em one in the dick first. My hope would be that would stop them and they'd spend the rest of their life sexually frustrated and pissing through a hole in their lower abdomen.

Me

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1_deuce, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 2,626 guests, and 1,285 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,391
Posts18,527,768
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.