Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
If Anyone has ever entertained the idea of doing this might want to check out Accurate Reloading, Guides/Outfitters and offered discount hunts.

Mark Young has one tied to two client cancellations for 9800$ Each with one of the best outfitters. This is a regular 15,000$ hunt. 8 day hunt with a link to the outfitter’s website.

Over the years I’ve picked up some really good hunts off of that particular thread on AR.

I realize what some here may think of Accurate Reloading as a forum and its Host but thought that the hunt may have some interest here.

It’s on my bucket list but a knee replacement June 8 won’t quite allow it.

Anyhow, FWIW.

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Huh. Baited grizzly hunt. That's a new one for me...

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
They’ve been allowing baiting in some units for about a decade now. We did some when they first started allowing it, good way for elderly, disabled, or just plain out of shape people to have a good chance at a grizzly.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've done that hunt. Good outfitter, good active bait site, good home cooking, nice lodge. If you go you'll have a good hunt & a great chance at a nice interior grizzly.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That seems like a damn good deal.

Life is hard,its even harder when you are stupid.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by colorado bob
I've done that hunt. Good outfitter, good active bait site, good home cooking, nice lodge. If you go you'll have a good hunt & a great chance at a nice interior grizzly.

Much appreciate your feedback CB.

My timing for it couldn’t be worse! In the past I’ve been able to jump right on some good hunts published on that thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Puddle
Huh. Baited grizzly hunt. That's a new one for me...
Sounds fun though

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That got me thinking...baiting black bears is legal here in Idaho. A couple years ago we ALMOST had a grizzly hunt but a judge shut it down a day before it started. There was only 1 tag. I wonder if baiting would have been legal for it. The regulations specifically say black bears.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Houston_2

My timing for it couldn’t be worse! In the past I’ve been able to jump right on some good hunts published on that thread.

That hunt comes every few years. Maybe it's Covid causing the cancellations. But keep checking AR. I've already killed 2 grizzly bears or I would be there on this. PM me if you want more details. Bob

Last edited by colorado bob; 05/09/22.
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Houston_2

That hunt comes every few years. Maybe it's Covid causing the cancellations. But keep checking AR. I've already killed 2 grizzly bears or I would be there on this. PM me if you want more details. Bob

Much appreciate it, CB.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

413 members (1_deuce, 1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 50 invisible), 2,616 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,011
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.