Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That punk fooled with the wrong boy. Good for your son. Schools never punish the one who should be punished and never really punish bullies.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Something similar happened to my son. He loves him fishing so I took off work and we went fishing. I made sure he understood life is not always fair but he needs to do the right thingโ€ฆeven if he gets in trouble. In the long run, it will work out.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Good on you!!!!! My Grandson just got a whole week off, he was standing talking to a friend and another kid came up and suckered him. He can take a punch, rolled with it and came up and decked him! Kid almost went unconscious. Teacher saw the whole thing but it's a no touch school, so they both got suspended. No wonder kids think they can do and say anything!!! Shop teachers understand it's the teachers that went from school to college to teaching college to teaching, they have no FN idea about real life.!!! Pushed the pencil all there life lost in there own mind!!! He's only thirteen but he's a hard one eighty. The high school is just waiting for him to make it there. The other kids lucky it wasn't his fourteen yr old sister, she's not one eighty but she's taller than him and she has reflexes like a frikn cat. They play fight and he can't get a hit in, she blocks everything and slaps him before he can do anything, I'd pay for her to take some kind of fighting. She's also really driven, she wants to join military and be a pilot, plane or chopper at fourteen??? That could change but whatever she puts her hand to she does it well. She just won an art contest, she cooks, she bakes, loves shooting with her Pawpaw. Ok got a little carried away but I'm dam proud of them both. GWP. ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘ฃ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
He did well. Good response and he sent a message that went through the whole school. The punk had lots of other kids wishing he would get his beat down and he got it.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
I chortled! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

That word sounds like it should require wiping.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
That punk fooled with the wrong boy. Good for your son. Schools never punish the one who should be punished and never really punish bullies.

You are very correct.

As to whoever starts a fight: I don't feel that the instigator should expect any sort of limitation as to the response he receives.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I donโ€™t see the problem. Bet the kid doesnโ€™t F with him again!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
My wife kinda blamed me for it as I've always told my boys not to look for trouble, but don't hesitate to defend yourself.

My kid got into a fight at school, was suspended, and the wife was pissed that I wasn't going to punish him. The other kid had been on him for quite a while and after a few days Jake finally had enough and ended it.

Finally told her she didn't have any idea what it's like to be a boy, what kind of hell it can be if you get targeted, and to stay out of it.

Ended that discussion, too.

Last edited by Steve; 05/12/22.

Carpe' Scrotum
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Well worth it.
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Good lessons learned all around.
Punk now realizes that not everyone is going to tolerate being bullied.
Son earns respect from fellow students and gained a bit of self confidence. After facing his punishment, he will be in a better position to decide if future encounters are worth the repercussions.

Unknown to us, at 12 years old, our son was being bullied by a 15 year old. On a Friday night at the local skating rink he shoved my son to the floor and called him a btch. Some friends helped him to a bench because his knee was hurt. Other kids came over and to tell him that Brad was going to kick his arse. My son wouldn't hurt a flea but he did have a few years of karate training. When Bradley came over and got in his face my son smashed his nose.
He told his mommy that he was just coming over to say he was sorry for bumping into him.
My son was found guilty of disorderly conduct and we got to pay the punk's medical bills.
We all learned that the justice system isn't always just. The magistrate was a smartass twaat. " now why would someone call you a female dog? That doesn't make sense. "

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can't punish the kid because the school is stupid. Kids fighting in school was a everyday event when I was a kid, that's just how boys work things out.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good deal, great timing.
At his age, this doesn't matter past the end of year.

But everyone will remember it, and he will have easy sailing untill graduation.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I did a similar thing a couple times in grade school to bullies, and they steered clear after that. Dad always said.." never start a fight, but do everything you can to finish one."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Good for him! smile

Yep !!!

And good on you for not punishing him for doing the right thing.

Bet the dumbass bully wonโ€™t mess win anymore.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molษ”ฬ€หn Labรฉ Skรฝla~
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Your wife blamed what on you?

Tell her you're sorry you taught him how to not get his ass whipped.

Sounds like he deserves some days at the range or lake.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Your Boy did exactly what he should have. Good for him. A life lesson learned for both kids. The bully will think twice before he pulls a stunt like that again. He now knows what might be coming. And your boy just earned the respect of his classmates, and that will follow him for years to come. The suspension in this case is a badge of honor. If that was my boy I would be Proud of him. As I'm sure you are. Not everyone would have acted as your son did. Its a special kind of person that steps up and does the right thing regardless of the consequences. Looks like he was raised up right. Good job Dad.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Good for him! He defended himself. He also learned all decisions have consequences. Good or bad they all have consequences. Support him and celebrate with a day at the range with him.
GreggH

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Grandson11 gets bullied a lot. In truth, heโ€™s a bit of a dork. But a dork with MMA and JuJitsu training.

Last month a bully took after him and when GS started getting the best of him, bullyโ€™s friend jumped in. GS kicked his ass, too.

When brought before the principal, the bully tried to blame it on GS. Bullyโ€™s friend stood up for GS and told the principal what really happened. GS gained a new friend that day and bully got what was coming to him.

My son (not a dork), never started a fight at school, but he finished a lot of them. He and I have the same attitude. You might get in trouble at school for defending yourself, but you wonโ€™t be in trouble at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dutch
I'd request a meeting with the principal, attorney present, to discuss their bullying policies...

Watch them crabbing. Meeting is NEVER going to happen.
It's too early for the attorney. But, a few minutes with the principal, mostly low keyed can get you on the right track if there is a mutual agreement about future behavior of the other young man. Especially if the principal knows the other kid on a first name basis because of his behavior. I will bet you the principal has had it up to his/her ears with the kid and his parents.

IN private he/she is cheering your son on. Don't go in and blow it. Now is your chance to score some points with the principal and an attorney will fugg that up in a New York minute. I have seen it before. Don't be that other parent.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nicely done, kid!

Have fun at the range with your dad, and remember, youโ€™re being disciplined.

Lol

๐Ÿฆซ

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
โ€œMolon Labeโ€
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1234, 1minute, 160user, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,529
Posts18,472,680
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.