Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
EBT is different from WIC then I guess.

When we had my son - wife was on bedrest for a month, kid was in ICU for 2 months he was early and we had no insurance. I made 6.00 an hour (2000) - we used WIC. Covered the formula and vegetables for her. But there wasn't anything that could be called "left over"

Never had EBT or something that was just a general thing - WIC was tied directly to the kid.

Me

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
These young parents caught off guard must be offspring of the dudes that since January 20 2008 disregarded the idea of stocking up on components and turdy-turdy ammo.

Have 6 shells to their name
My Daughter put it out on FB that she has frozen breast milk for anyone who really needs it. She doesn't buy formula for my granddaughter.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
These young parents caught off guard must be offspring of the dudes that since January 20 2008 disregarded the idea of stocking up on components and turdy-turdy ammo.

My Daughter put it out on FB that she has frozen breast milk for anyone who really needs it. She doesn't buy formula for my granddaughter.

Sugar Titts used to pump on the interstate 70 miles commute when she worked Northern Telecom
Elsie the marvelous milkin cow šŸ‘©šŸ»ā€āš•ļøšŸ„šŸŽ–

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I cannot imagine a world where Iā€™d take some random chicks milk and feed it to my kid. No offense Roger, but damn.

MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mach3
Are people too dumb to realize that all this is part of their mass depopulation plan?

"Oh [bleep], there's a formula shortage, let's not have anymore kids yet."

Are people too dumb to realize that Cows produce milk suitable for kids to drink ?

Many here and their grown up children never had formula.

IC B2

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by Teal
Because if you're on WIC - they give you just enough coupons to last until it runs out - then more. You don't get to just buy a pallet at a time. IE - 4 chits for formula, gets you through the month, 4 more show up. Rinse and repeat.

That's WIC, but the majority that are getting WIC are also getting food stamps (SNAP) which has no limit on how much baby formula you can buy. Most of those on food stamps get more than they can spend on food each month. The country stores around me used to take food stamps for beer, gas, cigarettes, etc. at 50 cents on the dollar. They'd sell them $10 worth of beer and swipe the card for $20. They just rang it up as food instead of beer before they swiped the card. Highly illegal, but they were all doing it for the locals they knew. I never heard of any getting caught and I'm sure some are still doing it. Certain groups are pretty much immune to scrutiny.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm waiting to hear what the White House says about this matter. They'll probably tell us that it's only "transitory", like what they told us about a few other things, too.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
[/i]
When we had my son - wife was on bedrest for a month, kid was in ICU for 2 months he was early and we had no insurance. I made 6.00 an hour (2000) - we used WIC. Covered the formula and vegetables for her. But there wasn't anything that could be called "left over"

Never had EBT or something that was just a general thing - WIC was tied directly to the kid.

Actually, [i]this
^ ^ ^ is exactly what government
assistance is supposed to be used for.
It's not supposed to be a career choice for entitled
hood rats, or to buy good will from border jumping
foreigners. Some directly to the east here have 3
generations in the section 8 that have never punched
a clock. I know this because the woman told me
face to face. She's a little older than me, and her
daughter lives there with the son. None have ever
contributed to the system, but live well off of it.

Helping deserving US citizens out with my tax contributions doesn't bother me. It's supposed to
work that way, and be something to help citizens
out of a tight spot. The career welfare leeches need
to be taken off and reduce the burden on the infrastructure. There'd be plenty of resources and
funds available for the necessary bumps in life's
road if we found the nutz to trim the suckers
from the plant. The career beaurecrats always
dip into the funds designed for the elderly and
disabled as punishment for rocking the boat

Last edited by Ranger99; 05/12/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Because if you're on WIC - they give you just enough coupons to last until it runs out - then more. You don't get to just buy a pallet at a time. IE - 4 chits for formula, gets you through the month, 4 more show up. Rinse and repeat.

That's WIC, but the majority that are getting WIC are also getting food stamps (SNAP) which has no limit on how much baby formula you can buy. Most of those on food stamps get more than they can spend on food each month. The country stores around me used to take food stamps for beer, gas, cigarettes, etc. at 50 cents on the dollar. They'd sell them $10 worth of beer and swipe the card for $20. They just rang it up as food instead of beer before they swiped the card. Highly illegal, but they were all doing it for the locals they knew. I never heard of any getting caught and I'm sure some are still doing it. Certain groups are pretty much immune to scrutiny.

Yep !!! I see it all the time at the local stores.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GAGoober
I hope all the Karen Moms and their ilk who voted for Brandon are the ones feeling the most pain from this baby formula mess.

Stupid should hurt !!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by GAGoober
I hope all the Karen Moms and their ilk who voted for Brandon are the ones feeling the most pain from this baby formula mess.
You bet !!!!!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 45_100
My wife came across this on Facebook. Just posting it in case it could help someone out. From 1960.

Baby formula
13 oz Pet evaporated milk
20 oz water
2 level tablespoons Karo syrup

Pour 4 oz into each of 6 bottles
Evaporated milk and water. Isn't that just whole milk ?? As I recall, most babies were fed with whole milk for centuries and formula is only a recent thing. I understand that some babies cannot do milk. With that in mind shouldn't the mom's who can feed whole milk just do that and leave the formula for those parents who really need the formula ??

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Pharmaceutical companies have done a pretty good job of making sure breast milk is no longer a viable option for most Americans.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by chesterwy
Pharmaceutical companies have done a pretty good job of making sure breast milk is no longer a viable option for most Americans.

How so?

MAGA
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 22250rem
I'm waiting to hear what the White House says about this matter. They'll probably tell us that it's only "transitory", like what they told us about a few other things, too.

Jell0s hero Psaki said to contact the Dr.

UFR.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I cannot imagine a world where Iā€™d take some random chicks milk and feed it to my kid. No offense Roger, but damn.

Jell0 wants some.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Did boobs stop working now too?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Amazing how the human race has raised their young for 2000 years without a factory produced baby formula.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by horse1
Did boobs stop working now too?
Some women don't lactate.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kwg020
Originally Posted by 45_100
My wife came across this on Facebook. Just posting it in case it could help someone out. From 1960.

Baby formula
13 oz Pet evaporated milk
20 oz water
2 level tablespoons Karo syrup

Pour 4 oz into each of 6 bottles
Evaporated milk and water. Isn't that just whole milk ?? As I recall, most babies were fed with whole milk for centuries and formula is only a recent thing. I understand that some babies cannot do milk. With that in mind shouldn't the mom's who can feed whole milk just do that and leave the formula for those parents who really need the formula ??

kwg

I think you are correct and I agree with you. There are also other options like goats milk. Pet milk reminds me of an advertising campaign when they first introduced the product. They awarded an honorable mention but didn't use the old dairy farmer's wife's entry. Went something like this:

No tits to pull
No hay to pitch
Just poke a hole
In the son of a bitch!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 66 invisible), 3,383 guests, and 1,114 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,580
Posts18,532,251
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.