Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by shrapnel
No dog in this fight, but we were shooting gophers the other day and my friend was shooting a Weatherby 22 semi auto and it kept jamming with this stuff.

We had no problems with the same gun and federal ammunition…

Interesting as I hope to take my recently acquired Weatherby out tomorrow and TAC will be one of many that I plan to shoot.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Shrap and Ed… when I acquired my wby semi auto it gave me fits with reliability. I knew it was a bit dirty from initial inspection but when I stripped it down all the way it was the filthiest 22 I had ever seen.

I must have sprayed and cleaned 5 lbs of lead and gunk out of the thing. Reassembled and it runs like a top now

Not implying either one of your rifles is the same but something to consider anyway…

Let us know how yours shoots Ed

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Shrap and Ed… when I acquired my wby semi auto it gave me fits with reliability. I knew it was a bit dirty from initial inspection but when I stripped it down all the way it was the filthiest 22 I had ever seen.

I must have sprayed and cleaned 5 lbs of lead and gunk out of the thing. Reassembled and it runs like a top now

Not implying either one of your rifles is the same but something to consider anyway…

Dirt is the biggest enemy of the semi-auto, and I didn't take his gun apart to check it. While we were out, I had Federal copper clad hollow points that worked without a hitch. I was wondering if it might be the soft lead and wax coating on the TAC...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
I also received my two bricks of Norma tac-22 on Monday via Fed-x, used them yesterday on gophers in my Marlin mod 60 squirrel. loaded 5, all 5 jammed, loaded 5 velocitor' s--they all worked as usual.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by unahunt
I also received my two bricks of Norma tac-22 on Monday via Fed-x, used them yesterday on gophers in my Marlin mod 60 squirrel. loaded 5, all 5 jammed, loaded 5 velocitor' s--they all worked as usual.
Well, that is not good! I still need to try some out in my 10-22. That will be about the best test. I hate ammo that does not function well. Sometimes needing that ammo in competitions my club puts on, where we shoot head to head, where not only accuracy prevails, but getting it done before the other guy is also a criteria. With ammo you can't depend on, you might as well stay home.. That reminds me, we have a golf ball shoot coming up. Wonder if Randy is cleaning his 4 Volquartsen 22WMR's? He hates my A17 with a passion because it is both more accurate and doesn't "jam up" as much. ha ha..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pappy348: The Norma site now shows "FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS FOR A LIMITED TIME"!
So "I" am gonna buy some.
Thanks for the heads up.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve fired about 400 trouble free rounds from what I’ve ordered from Norma in the past few weeks.

Couple fliers here and there at 200, but I’m liking the ammo so far, especially at the current price.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Guess I'm lucky in a 10/22 with a Whistle Pig barrel. No issues and shot right with SK Standard Plus. I'm a fan so far.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Well, that is not good! I still need to try some out in my 10-22. That will be about the best test. I hate ammo that does not function well. Sometimes needing that ammo in competitions my club puts on, where we shoot head to head, where not only accuracy prevails, but getting it done before the other guy is also a criteria. With ammo you can't depend on, you might as well stay home.. That reminds me, we have a golf ball shoot coming up. Wonder if Randy is cleaning his 4 Volquartsen 22WMR's? He hates my A17 with a passion because it is both more accurate and doesn't "jam up" as much. ha ha..

Velocitors and TAC is an apples to oranges comparison tho..

To be sure semi autos are going to be more particular in what they function with as some will prefer/need a hotter round.

I have never had TAC give me any type of reliability issues and my KIDD has been thru a bit of it

She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Velocitors and TAC is an apples to oranges comparison tho..

To be sure semi autos are going to be more particular in what they function with as some will prefer/need a hotter round.

I have never had TAC give me any type of reliability issues and my KIDD has been thru a bit of it

Sounds good Cert. I'll give them a try. Not sure when though Its been pretty windy here. I need to test out a brick of federal gold medal match ammo I bought yesterday too. I'm thinking that stuff will shoot tight groups, but we shall see.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Bsa, hope it shoots well for you. Bought a bunch of the federal GM ultra match some time back and some of my rifles love it.

IIRC one of the rifles it shines brightest in was the Winchester 52

She's gone shootin..
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Bsa, hope it shoots well for you. Bought a bunch of the federal GM ultra match some time back and some of my rifles love it.

IIRC one of the rifles it shines brightest in was the Winchester 52

Oh, that is good news. I'll bet my 52 will like it too. That rifle is not finicky at all though.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Don’t get your hopes up with the Federal Gold Metal Match, as it’s not close to Federal UltraMatch.

I shot a brick of the Federal Gold Metal Match, and was rather disappointed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My old CZ 452 Varmint shot both the 711B and 719 very, very well. Not sure if that’s considered “match” or “target”.

Unfortunately, after selling that rifle it’s been put in the plinking pile because none of my scopes .22s shoot it as good.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Pappy348: Thanks again for the heads up - I stopped at a distant gunshop here in western Montana yesterday and they had a couple of cartons (500 round packs) of the Norma-TAC-22 and they were priced at $89.90 a piece!
So indeed thanks for the heads up.
And today I got an E-mail from the Norma store you suggested and they confirmed my order was on the way with "free shipping" on my $42.98 order!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Found another source for ammo, including TAC, and believe it or not, .410 target loads. The TAC is very cheap, but you’d have to buy a lot to get free shipping. Never heard of them, but found them on ammoseek and took a chance. Didn’t get any tracking info, but when I inquired, the were very quick to respond and followed up.

https://www.mutinymachine.com/

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Pappy348: Thanks again for the heads up - I stopped at a distant gunshop here in western Montana yesterday and they had a couple of cartons (500 round packs) of the Norma-TAC-22 and they were priced at $89.90 a piece!
So indeed thanks for the heads up.
And today I got an E-mail from the Norma store you suggested and they confirmed my order was on the way with "free shipping" on my $42.98 order!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Rural King here has it for $89.99/500 and they sell it like crazy....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Found another source for ammo, including TAC, and believe it or not, .410 target loads. The TAC is very cheap, but you’d have to buy a lot to get free shipping. Never heard of them, but found them on ammoseek and took a chance. Didn’t get any tracking info, but when I inquired, the were very quick to respond and followed up.

https://www.mutinymachine.com/

18.99 flat rate/550 for free shipping. No thanks.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Dirt is the biggest enemy of the semi-auto, and I didn't take his gun apart to check it. While we were out, I had Federal copper clad hollow points that worked without a hitch. I was wondering if it might be the soft lead and wax coating on the TAC...

My CSC has a tight chamber and needs a snake or chamber brush applied once in a while to keep it running smooth. Depends on the bullet shape as much as anything I suspect. Last time out, CCI AR was giving me trouble, so I pulled the snake through it. The Tac ran fine after that, and so did the AR for a couple mags thrown at a spinner. I need to make a chamber brush I can work through the action port.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I agree, as long as Norma has it for $42.89 with free shipping over $49. When that goes away, as it will, then $93.99 for two bricks from Mutiny looks better. Gonna take a while to burn up what’s on hand, then we’ll see what the hot deal is.

Either beats $9.99 a box from the other guys.

So far, Club has been the star in my Ruger, and I’ve been getting that for less than $8 here and there, mostly from SG when they don’t limit your purchase.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 51 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,307
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.