Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
All this over thinkin that hunting/calling a stupid shyt eatin bird makes you something special. Sheesh. The fuggin things don't even taste good.

Flexing and peacocking over turkey superiority is flat-out weird.
It's a gap-fill pastime at best for me. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by SKane
All this over thinkin that hunting/calling a stupid shyt eatin bird makes you something special. Sheesh. The fuggin things don't even taste good.

Flexing and peacocking over turkey superiority is flat-out weird.
It's a gap-fill pastime at best for me. laugh
Yep, something to hunt in the spring when nothing else is in season.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MOGC
Just as easy as LFC could stop, Yoder could put an end to it by telling how he has been involved in the industry for so many years. I honestly don't know why he hasn't simply disclosed his involvement in the industry as he claims. I'm not picking sides, just saying either one of them could end the drama. Otherwise it is tit for tat.
He won't because it's all a lie.....

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Yep, something to hunt in the spring when nothing else is in season.

I love spring turkey hunting. Of all the hunting I do, I'm probably least successful at that. I've killed more turkeys in the fall when I was deer hunting than in the spring. Nonetheless, spring turkey hunting is probably my favorite form of hunting. I'd be out there today, but its saturday, last day of the season, and it's pouring down rain and thundering. Early spring is a great time to be in the woods. No hunt clubs running their dogs, very little competition, and [usually] great weather.

I survived this season woithout a single tick. Only used Deep Woods Off once.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Maybe YoderbOy will invite you up to shoot one when they come up to peck on his patio door.

IC B2

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by 10Glocks
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Go prO man.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Unfortunately, I no longer have access to private land. I used to hunt private land in the past but the old lady that owned it died and the family sold the land. I also bought access to other private land but the company that owned it decided to lease their tracts of land to hunt clubs on a yearly basis. All of my hunting now is either on our state's wildlife management areas (WMAs), state forests or national forests. It's not bad hunting, but on the WMAs I deal with competition and hunt clubs, and on the state and national forests I deal with travel times and hikes. Not bad hunting if you can deal with those things. I've found I much prefer the travel time and hikes over competition.

Where I hunted this season was an hour and twenty minute drive from my house, and a 1.25 mile hike from my truck to the end of the logging road, and another 150 yard hike through the woods to the swamp I hunted. Small price to pay. Over the course of the season, I never heard another shot other than mine. I only encountered one other hunter on this particular tract the entire season. And either heard or encountered birds on every trip.

I like this tract of land. Lots of deer, lots of rabbit, lots of squirrel, some quail and woodcock, and some deep woods turkeys.

Now that turkey season is over, two weeks of spring squirrel season is next. So time to put a few in the freezer. Then it will be days at the range making sure my Hawken is sighted in, and working up a load for my new Knight Mountaineer and Blackhord 209. After all, muzzleloader deer season is 5 short months away.

L
LFC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
If you're asking for sympathy from me there will be none.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

128 members (44mc, 3333vl, 7887mm08, 308ld, 35, 12 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 876 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,766
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.