Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
My wife has decided to embrace her ethnic religion and begin attending. So I told her I would go with her anytime she wanted to go.

It wasn't that different.

They kneel more,...which is rough on my bad knees,...but I put up with it.

I stuck my finger in some holy water and it didn't burst into flames,...so I felt fairly positive about that.

I'm going back to a Protestant Church tomorrow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m Protestant but have been to a Catholic Church a few times. My ex GF was a catholic. It’s not what I believe but in retrospect she was a keeper that shared a lot of similar views.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My wife has decided to embrace her ethnic religion and begin attending. So I told her I would go with her anytime she wanted to go.

I stuck my finger in some holy water and it didn't burst into flames,...so I felt fairly positive about that.

There's nothing Catholic about Catholic services anymore. Starting in the early 1960s, they transformed them into Protestant type services. Prior to the purge of the Internet, you could find a ton of information on this subject. It's all been scrubbed now.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

There's nothing Catholic about Catholic services anymore. Starting in the early 1960s, they transformed them into Protestant type services. Prior to the purge of the Internet, you could find a ton of information on this subject. It's all been scrubbed now.

Well,...Catholics are still fairly strict about who can and who can't receive the Holy Eucharist,...and they still consider themselves the one true Church.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Except in the case of Biden.

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Papag

Yeah,..I don't know how Biden gets a pass. They allowed Clinton and Jimmy Carter to take the Holy Eucharist also.

It caused a bit of a stink among some of the Bishops, as I recall.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Catholic Church is a workout 💪

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Us Baptists say that if you take communion without self examination and carry unconfessed sin, some bad shît will befall you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My wife has decided to embrace her ethnic religion and begin attending. So I told her I would go with her anytime she wanted to go. It wasn't that different.
They kneel more,...which is rough on my bad knees,...but I put up with it. I stuck my finger in some holy water and it didn't burst into flames,...so I felt fairly positive about that. I'm going back to a Protestant Church tomorrow.
I know very little about any such changes in that doctrine and practice, but often have wondered if most folks understand the very significant difference between the meaning of "catholic church " and the meaning of "Roman Catholic church". Is it possible or even likely that you are seeing that body moving in a "catholic" direction? If so, I would like to understand that change.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by slumlord

Us Baptists say that if you take communion without self examination and carry unconfessed sin, some bad shît will befall you.

That's sounds fairly Catholic. I attended a Baptist Church for a few weeks and it never offered communion. I never thought about it until you mentioned it.

IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

There's still the Traditional Latin Mass.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Find a Presbyterian church that's a member of the EPC ( Evangelical Presbyterian Churches ) The US Constitution borrowed heavily from the Presbyterian Book of Order. Best and most biblically correct service I know of and very natural if you are a constitutional conservative.

Last edited by dimecovers5; 05/15/22.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
There are old school Roman Catholic Latin Mass parishes out there and those are different.

I’ve been attending an old school congregation of the LCMS (Lutheran Church Missouri Synod) and reaLily enjoy it a lot. They have a very formal liturgy, observe the supper every week, fence the table strictly (I cannot participate). With responsive readings, law, gospel, and New Testament reading we read more scripture than the strictest Baptists.

They kneel and show respect and behave reverently as though the things we’re doing are serious and of eternal significance.

So UN-American. Love it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Follow your heart

Go where the potluck is best

If you hit one where deep fried pies show up at the business meetings…you’ll know youre home.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Find a Presbyterian church that's a member of the EPC ( Evangelical Presbyterian Churches ) The US Constitution borrowed heavily from the Presbyterian Book of Order. Best and most biblically correct service I know of and very natural if you are a constitutional conservative.

Except they allow female ministers.

I am a member of the PCA (Presbyterian Church in America), the old school branch of the Presbyterian church in NA and they’re heading south (no pun intended; they’re the southern arm of old school Presbyterianism with ties to the confederacy). Debating how to deal with gay stuff like there is anything to debate at all. Just insane.

Evangelicalism (the American phenomenon not the historical belief in the evangel or good news re: Christ) with all its enlightenment individualism, consumerism, and the culture’s obsession with scientific rationalism which precludes a real belief in the sacraments have all been the death of Christianity in the US.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Went to an Episcopalian with two lesbians in Tucson a few times.
They rode around on stick horses reenacting Biblical storys , sang , held hands and generally had a good time.

I liked it much better than any other denominations services I'd attended.... and Ive been to dozens.

The problem Being once you constrict God to a paradigm , you lose sight of the rest of the picture.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
[quote=Papag]Except in the case of Biden.

That's sounds fairly Catholic. I attended a Baptist Church for a few weeks and it never offered communion. I never thought about it until you mentioned it.[/quote

Some churches have communion that is open only to members of that particular church or denomination. Others, such as the Baptist church I attend, have open communion, meaning that anyone can take it. It is symbolic anyway, and not a cure all for your sins.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The motto of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church is "In Essentials, Unity. In Non-Essentials, Liberty. In All Things, Charity; Truth In Love."

I like that each EPC church can do what they want . Federalism!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We attend a non denominational church called Grace Fellowship. Have been for about 5 years. Glad you are going to church Bristoe! Praise God!

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
My wife has decided to embrace her ethnic religion and begin attending. So I told her I would go with her anytime she wanted to go. It wasn't that different.
They kneel more,...which is rough on my bad knees,...but I put up with it. I stuck my finger in some holy water and it didn't burst into flames,...so I felt fairly positive about that. I'm going back to a Protestant Church tomorrow.
I know very little about any such changes in that doctrine and practice, but often have wondered if most folks understand the very significant difference between the meaning of "catholic church " and the meaning of "Roman Catholic church". Is it possible or even likely that you are seeing that body moving in a "catholic" direction? If so, I would like to understand that change.

Personal life of our future president. Now is the time to decide if you are going to follow him or abandon him because of his religion. If it matters, I have taken communion on special occasions even though I have no church and I am not baptized. My wife is a strong catholic.
kwg

Ron and Casey DeSantis in January 2019
DeSantis is a Roman Catholic.[313] He married Casey Black, a former television host for the Golf Channel and WJXT, in 2010. The couple lived in Ponte Vedra Beach, near St. Augustine, until it was drawn into the neighboring 4th district. They then moved to Palm Coast, north of Daytona Beach.[314][315] They have three children.[316] DeSantis is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American Legion.[317]

DeSantis's younger sister Christina died on May 12, 2015, in London. She graduated from Dunedin High School in 2003. After graduating from high school she attended Florida State University, where she earned a BS degree in 2007 and an MS in 2010. At the time of her death, Christina was engaged to Stephan Pasiewicz, who was from London and had last worked as a financial advisor for KPMG in Charlotte, North Carolina.[5]

DeSantis played on the field the day of the Congressional baseball shooting, and while not present at the time it occurred, he and fellow Representative Jeff Duncan reportedly met the perpetrator beforehand and were asked by him whether Republicans or Democrats were playing that day.[318]

Last edited by kwg020; 05/15/22.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1badf350, 1936M71, 55 invisible), 2,335 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,042
Posts18,500,794
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.