Hop To
#17258449 05/18/22
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
effing going back to the clinto snafus
[quote]
from Relentless Truth:
Were you aware that the Biden admin just signed orders to redeploy hundreds of troops to Somalia for an "open ended counter-terrorism operation"?

This isn't concerning to the left because it reverses Trump's orders to pull the troops.

It isn't concerning to the GOP because it's good for the Military Industrial Complex.

The MIC is making up for losing Afghanistan by attempting to establish new forever wars all around the globe and they've managed to convince the sheep to cheer it on as always.[\quote]

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
GB1

A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Monkeys with Matches … Their going to start something Uncontrollable..
Like Bigly..

C
ccd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not really a big deal. Would guess that most operations would just be to assist AU troops in the region. Just helping out friends. CIA paramilitaries are usually the forces that have done a lot of the heavy work there over the last 20 years iirc from open source stuff. Pretty sure they aren't covered by the term "troops."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
From the information I've been able to put together this isn't much of an escalation. It seems we have been rotating people in and out of there training the Somalis how to fight the insurgents in country and keep Al Shabab from taking over the country and turning it into another Taliban or ISIS shiethole... The Somali government thinks is an inefficient operation and wanted full time trainers stationed there to help with their training on a more dependable schedule.

Of course, anything the Dems can do to make it look like they are screwing Trump makes them all warm and fuzzy, but this isn't really a big change at all and hardly deserving of the attention it is getting, as usual..

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A
Big .. Ummm..

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Spent nine months there recently. Other than the tax money spent, it’s a decent mission. I was surprised when Pres Trump reduced the mission.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sheister
From the information I've been able to put together this isn't much of an escalation. It seems we have been rotating people in and out of there training the Somalis how to fight the insurgents in country and keep Al Shabab from taking over the country and turning it into another Taliban or ISIS shiethole... The Somali government thinks is an inefficient operation and wanted full time trainers stationed there to help with their training on a more dependable schedule.

Of course, anything the Dems can do to make it look like they are screwing Trump makes them all warm and fuzzy, but this isn't really a big change at all and hardly deserving of the attention it is getting, as usual..
Ever notice how it’s always the other guys that are the insurgents rather than us? We’re the ones going in to all of these craphole countries Somalia, Afghanistan ect where truth be told most of the native locals do not what us while we call them the insurgents.

Much like Afghanistan I can’t imagine that there is enough of our time or money to make Somalia anything close to functional. A quick internet search claimed that Somalia is 99% Muslim. Given an adherence to that religion and the average IQ of a Somalian, every dollar or life spent their is a huge waste.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gee. I don't know- I guess helping a country deal with a radical sect of Islam who are butchering Christians in the name of Islam constitutes an invasion according to your and Ribka's descriptions?

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,679 guests, and 1,008 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,388
Posts18,469,804
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.