Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
have 2 50 lbs bags of rice as back up food for dogs. Have 6 months of dog food in shop. Neighbors have chickens and can get a lot of eggs. three freezers full of fish, deer, elk, antelope, pig and bones, veggies

Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by ribka
are people buying essentials like food or big screen tvs, paddle boadrs, furniture, jewelry and Mac books?

I see carts in my costco loaded up with just food. people are stock piling food now. all dog food sold out.

that aint a good sign lol.

We took to a rice, greens, meat/venison/fish menu for the dogs a while back...

Do both... store bought dog food... AND the rice/greens/meat chow.

You will never guess what Miss Lilly SCB and Rex prefer...

GB1

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Interesting to note how poorly debt laden western economies are fairing during these sanctions. I

think China and Russia understood this very well before this began.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
have 2 50 lbs bags of rice as back up food for dogs. Have 6 months of dog food in shop. Neighbors have chickens and can get a lot of eggs. three freezers full of fish, deer, elk, antelope, pig and bones, veggies

are people buying essentials like food or big screen tvs, paddle boadrs, furniture, jewelry and Mac books?

I see carts in my costco loaded up with just food. people are stock piling food now. all dog food sold out.

We took to a rice, greens, meat/venison/fish menu for the dogs a while back...

Do both... store bought dog food... AND the rice/greens/meat chow.

You will never guess what Miss Lilly SCB and Rex prefer...

+1

Wonder how many don't think like us?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Originally Posted by Houston_2
Originally Posted by Teal
Target is a 100b company that lost 1/4 value over night.

People have said "I'm just not buying"

SG&A and COGS are a reason, plus the purchase of only essential items like food and not a new TV. I'm betting food has a lower margin for them.

Costco appears to be just getting painted with the same brush because the one I’ve been in lately is packed with shoppers.

Comes down to it we can eat the dogs and get some returns on investment.

What’s your thoughts on Costco stock going forward?

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
Costco is a great company. that's not the point. Regarding investing now, I feel there is at least another 20 to 30 per cent correction in the market. Possibly more

Once all of the inflation, labor, residential/commercial real estate is sorted out we'll see how bad this gets. Plus dont forget the food shortages, chaos, riots, coups etc especially overseas, and south of us. I predict there will be mass migrations to western countries.

Its funny how arrogant Americans and Europeans have become because we now have enjoyed a very standard of living despite our record debts. All of the proxy Russia war planners at RAND corp, who orchestrated this war, never took into account how vulnerable we were due to our heavy debt before entering a war and actually thought sanctions would work to our and European's advantage. . Sanctions of course exacerbated our debt problems, inflation and made us much more vulnerable now.China locked down its economy and our supplies at the same time adding more supply chain issues, Think this was by accident? Of course our great proxy war mongers at RAND and the pentagon neglected to predict this too. take a look at Russia's debt and what they produce now in country while we outsourced all of our production overseas.

I don't recommend trying to catch falling knives.

Last edited by ribka; 05/18/22.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Interesting to note how poorly debt laden western economies are fairing during these sanctions. I

think China and Russia understood this very well before this began.

LOL...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Try ANY (repeat ANY) other currency vs. USD

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/

Joey is really really fugging more than just us...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheesy
We're in for fun times even though a good portion of the US populace is in denial mode.

It isn't that a good portion is in denial mode, it is that a good portion is totally ignorant of anything going on in this country beyond their little bubble.

They never watch any news.

They never even read any headlines.

They're on pinterest looking at craft ideas for Little Suzies birthday party and tiktok watching some stupid video of a cat jumping from a table to a couch, and taking Little Johnny to his t-ball practice, crying that gas is $5/gallon and that McDonalds won't pay them a living wage higher than the $15/hour they're paying part time help.

And then come election day, they're voting for whoever is telling the best story on how much they're going to give.

^^^^^

Definition of Clueless Karen.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Costco is a great company. that's not the point. Regarding investing now, I feel there is at least another 20 to 30 per cent correction in the market. Possibly more

Once all of the inflation, labor, residential/commercial real estate is sorted out we'll see how bad this gets. Plus dont forget the food shortages, chaos, riots, coups etc especially overseas, and south of us. I predict there will be mass migrations to western countries.

Its funny how arrogant Americans and Europeans have become because we now have enjoyed a very standard of living despite our record debts. All of the proxy Russia war planners at RAND corp, who orchestrated this war, never took into account how vulnerable we were due to our heavy debt before entering a war and actually thought sanctions would work to our and European's advantage. . Sanctions of course exacerbated our debt problems, inflation and made us much more vulnerable now.China locked down its economy and our supplies at the same time adding more supply chain issues, Think this was by accident? Of course our great proxy war mongers at RAND and the pentagon neglected to predict this too. take a look at Russia's debt and what they produce now in country while we outsourced all of our production overseas.

I don't recommend trying to catch falling knives.

Good post.

The FED has signaled more interest rates bumps but I do question if Powell has the same dogged determination of what Volker had. If not he’ll start easing again if he’s not already doing so behind the scenes.

R
ribka Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
DJ just dropped another 1000 today

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fed is a year behind on inflation.

Don't be surprised if they're a year behind on the recession too...

Me

IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
It’s all because the rich aren’t paying their fair share!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Fed is a year behind on inflation.

Don't be surprised if they're a year behind on the recession too...

They're at 4-5 months[behind] already.

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Oh .. Let’s Go 100 Bases Points next Meeting..
The Rubble will take years to Move …

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HARD COMMODITIES... PHYSICALLY HELD

I thought about you when I drove by a Ritchie Bros. facility north of Denver on Monday. The site was crammed full of vehicles and industrial equipment. I can remember times in the past few years when there was almost nothing on the lot.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
The govt calculated CPI is nothing but pure propaganda horseshit.

The 8.5% is in reality about 3 times that.

Either they are lying or the math that I was taught in public school has failed me greatly.
NOTHING I am buying has only gone up 8.5%. You are correct more like 3 times that rate.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (2500HD, 2UP, 405winash, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, 13 invisible), 1,753 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,495
Posts18,472,127
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.