Hop To
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by pinotguy
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
I was curious to others perception of that play. As a blues fan I’m going to say we were robbed with a cheap shot. But it is playoff hockey and things step up a big notch but I still think it was a cheap play. Reminds me of the year Cujo got taken out and had he not been injured I’m convinced the blues would have gone deep.

OK, here's an Avs fan's take: Unfortunate result to a hockey play. The St Louis D (Rosen) and Kadri were engaged prior to the collision and were in pursuit of a loose puck. Don't feel it was intentional, just two players that ended up headed toward the net. This wasn't a cheap shot, the hit Kadri put on Faulk last year was. Kadri has a history, no question, and it will follow him for the rest of his career. He's an FA after this season and it will be interesting to see where he lands. I suspect any number of teams would want him on their rosters.

Unbiased Pens fan here, and I concur. It was a fast play on the puck that resulted in a bad collision. Kadri, for a change, had no ill-intent on that play.

GB1

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
As a blues fan I can't believe NO ONE jumped on Kadri after that. There wasn't a penalty and I guess they didn't want to take one, but defend your dang teammate come on guys! After the Barbashev his on Girard I figured something was coming but didn't expect that. I also don't think Kadri had "ill intent" on the hit but regardless there should have been a scrap over that!

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pinotguy
I was curious to others perception of that play. As a blues fan I’m going to say we were robbed with a cheap shot. But it is playoff hockey and things step up a big notch but I still think it was a cheap play. Reminds me of the year Cujo got taken out and had he not been injured I’m convinced the blues would have gone deep.

OK, here's an Avs fan's take: Unfortunate result to a hockey play. The St Louis D (Rosen) and Kadri were engaged prior to the collision and were in pursuit of a loose puck. Don't feel it was intentional, just two players that ended up headed toward the net. This wasn't a cheap shot, the hit Kadri put on Faulk last year was. Kadri has a history, no question, and it will follow him for the rest of his career. He's an FA after this season and it will be interesting to see where he lands. I suspect any number of teams would want him on their rosters.
I don't think Kadri did it intentionally, it is the game he plays and as you point out, but consequences have to follow that kind of play, that's hockey, always has been.

Bertuzzi should of never played another game, like Moore never did.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by clwg97
As a blues fan I can't believe NO ONE jumped on Kadri after that. There wasn't a penalty and I guess they didn't want to take one, but defend your dang teammate come on guys! After the Barbashev his on Girard I figured something was coming but didn't expect that. I also don't think Kadri had "ill intent" on the hit but regardless there should have been a scrap over that!

I'm not surprised that neither team wanted to take a penalty. Regular season yes, but this was a key game for both teams to advance.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I just heard Girard is out for the rest of the year...spleen. It looked like a concussion by the blood from his nose, but I guess he really got compressed into the boards, that's too bad.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I just read that he had a broken sternum. That play to me was worse than the collision with the goalie, but what do I know?

Kadri was tied up with the defenseman, if you watch the replay you can see him turn his skates and try to slow down before he got there. Barbashev checked Girard's head into the boards.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Cheap shot with the intent of hurting someone is bush league. If you intentionally injure someone, your minimum suspension should be the length of time they are out. If it's career ending, so be it.

Av's fan, but the Doug Draper hit by Claude Lemieux was egregious too and he should have been tossed until Draper recovered and then served additional time.

Bertuzzi should have never played again. Vancouver putting a bounty on Moore was criminal. Scott May and Marc Crawford were culpable too.

All sports have a risk of injury, but sucker punches are BS. Throwing at the head of batters, vicious face mask, and so on need to stop.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I think what has happened in Hockey is they have unintentionally interfered with the natural law of how shyte works. You run a guy, someone drops the gloves etc...now you run a guy, the players look up at the clock to see if there are any penalties.

Gordie Howe was one of the dirties players ever, his favorite infraction was an elbow, not driving someones head into the boards, Gordie Howe dropped the gloves often.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tampa Bay for the sweep?

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by granitestate1
Tampa Bay for the sweep?
Missed that one today, but looks that way.
Watching the McDavid show right now, not even halfway through the game and he has about 6 highlights, 2 points and the Oilers are up 3-0. Just when you think he can't step it up...he does.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well the part of me that still is sour on the whole incident is how he claimed he was pushed.
Hell he took out the blues player so they both could take out the goalie. Then he can sit back and claim victim. Im not sold just yet it was an accident. Even if it wasn’t, protocol says the note should have done something.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Well the part of me that still is sour on the whole incident is how he claimed he was pushed.
Hell he took out the blues player so they both could take out the goalie. Then he can sit back and claim victim. Im not sold just yet it was an accident. Even if it wasn’t, protocol says the note should have done something.
You know he ain't sorry about taking out what really is the ace for the blues, Binnie's exellent.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
You know he ain't sorry about taking out what really is the ace for the blues, Binnie's exellent.
It’s not the he ain’t sorry issue, it’s the I still think he he knew exactly what he was doing and did so with the intent to achieve the end result and knowing he could some how pass it off as an unfortunate event.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They just said Binnie is out for the rest of the year.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by 673
It’s not the he ain’t sorry issue, it’s the I still think he he knew exactly what he was doing and did so with the intent to achieve the end result and knowing he could some how pass it off as an unfortunate event.
Luciic knew exactly what he was doing tonight on Miller that was intentional to achieve the end result no one else involved
My opinion on the Kadri incident was hard nose playoff hockey
Girard hit was clean playoff hit

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Miller came back & finished the game

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Mike Smith is his name. Lucic isn't known for cheap play, Kadri is.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
SWEEEEEP

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
TB looks tough to beat going forward.
Everyone wants to destroy Kadri over on the other one lol.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Playoff hockey is tough. Kadri was pushed while going after a loose puck in front of the net.

Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,509
Posts18,472,370
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.