Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
We have a Tecovas store here in OKC. I've been meaning to go there and try some on. I need a new pair of ropers. Like others, I despise square toed boots.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.

J
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
We have a Tecovas store here in OKC. I've been meaning to go there and try some on. I need a new pair of ropers. Like others, I despise square toed boots.

I don't know about you...but my biggest gripe, aside from limits at an all you can eat buffet, is that a square toe catches on every dang thing you walk past.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I am in the same camp as most here in that I can’t order boots online. I wear a 13 in most things and have some boots as small as a size 11. For work boots I haven’t heard anyone mention Chippewa - they make a hell of a boot. My Chippewa snake boots are the most comfortable boots I own. I have 6 pairs of various square toe exotic boots from Ariat, Dan Post and Lucchese. The Dan Post boots are a close second to the Chippewa in comfort. I have a weird foot and square toes tend to fit me way better than round. Pointy toes are just too fugly and uncomfortable to consider.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Based on the commercials, the guys wearing them kinda look Metro Sexual. I got a Wester wear store and get a real pair of boots.

Tecovas boots go on the same list as man buns and skinny jeans.

I ain’t seen a real cowboy wear them, but in this world one never knows.

I agree, but that doesn't make the boots bad. your ruff and tumble guy isn't rolling around with a pair of aligator or full quill on. They are focusing on a different demographic.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
For lace up work boots, I wore Red Wing or Wolverine, among others.
You can find a good selection at Academy Sports & Outdoors.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 05/20/22.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Jimbo, just strap on a pair of Rez made moccasins and rock on.

I hear sheep lined are pretty comfy.

🦫

I just make my own. Felt insoles, but if Conrad would send me a rabbit skin or 6, or some sheepskin, I'd use that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pull-ons I have Justin. Balusters 4445 Steel Toe that work got me years ago. They've gone up in price a bit though:

https://www.justinboots.com/en-US/P...1&styles=20&vamp=47&upper=34

I have some Double H too, but not sure if they're USA made anymore.

Lace up I've been wearing some cap toe Chippewa ones for +/- 20 years, on their 2nd or third set of soles now. I have two pair, unlined, use them for bird hunting too.

Good luck Jim. Always a pain in the ass for me to find comfortable ones.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have never found a pull-on boot that fit me. My heel is narrow and rides up when I walk in every one I've tried. Is there a brand that the heels run a bit narrow on?

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

I just make my own. Felt insoles, but if Conrad would send me a rabbit skin or 6, or some sheepskin, I'd use that.

danged Apache!
grin

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

G,

Jim, should be honored to wear a pair of your handmade Mocs.

Nice design work too. You should try doing rifle stocks.

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ariats and Double H seem to be the fad for the Young Farmers of Kommiefornia set around here.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I must be the only person in the world who isn't impressed with Thorogood boots.

Had them 7 months, tried 4 different insoles - just murder on my feet.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Ariats and Double H seem to be the fad for the Young Farmers of Kommiefornia set around here.
the thing about double h is I don't know what one has to do to actually wear out the sole on them. I had a pair of the buffalo hide ice soles, and I think I had put 5 or 6 replacement heel caps on them, before I finally said OK they are finally done. but the main sole of the boot was still plenty good. my heel had actually worn through the inner leather of the counter inside the boot. the sole has plenty of grip and isn't slippery, but at the same time doesn't look goofy with a bunch of foam EVA tennis shoe rubber under it like say an ariat workhog does. I can stand up in mine all day, but they have decent looks of a traditional leather sole boot. Double H makes american and mexican made ice sole boots. The american made boots are better, the mexican made ice sole boots run one size small on me.

the double h graham is the boot I would recommend for the first time double h buyer. also remember they will take a bit to break in.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I’d wear Mexican pointy boots before I’d wear Ghey ass Tecovas.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Anyone recommend Tecovas boots?

Typed in "round toe work boot" and found several Tecovas offerings.

I have been wearing Ariat work boots....but I can only find square toe....which I despise.
These boots are comfortable and tough.Can be had with steel toe or not.
https://workboots.com/danner-steel-yard-wellington-steel-toe-boots-brown

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Teal
I must be the only person in the world who isn't impressed with Thorogood boots.

Same. Heavy to boot.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by Teal

Same. Heavy to boot.

For me, not so much the weight but at the end of the day - my feet hurt so bad I didn't want to walk and when I did - it wasn't normal/pretty

Me

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by FatCity67
the thing about double h is I don't know what one has to do to actually wear out the sole on them. I had a pair of the buffalo hide ice soles, and I think I had put 5 or 6 replacement heel caps on them, before I finally said OK they are finally done. but the main sole of the boot was still plenty good. my heel had actually worn through the inner leather of the counter inside the boot. the sole has plenty of grip and isn't slippery, but at the same time doesn't look goofy with a bunch of foam EVA tennis shoe rubber under it like say an ariat workhog does. I can stand up in mine all day, but they have decent looks of a traditional leather sole boot. Double H makes american and mexican made ice sole boots. The american made boots are better, the mexican made ice sole boots run one size small on me.

the double h graham is the boot I would recommend for the first time double h buyer. also remember they will take a bit to break in.

I too wore the inner heel out before the soles….3 times repaired….soles still going strong. Walked on steel grating everyday for several years with them…. Oh, and yeah, made in USA.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sycamore

🦫

danged Apache!
grin

Ha,

I lived around them and on their land, so I figured I might as well learn a little about them.

And, those boots sure through off fellow hunters trying to figure out who walked there......................if they can even see the footfall mark.

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (2500HD, 358wsm, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 204guy, 25 invisible), 2,078 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,240
Posts18,485,897
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.