Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://goldrushcam.com/sierrasunti...ral-firearm-licensing-act?tmpl=component

May 20, 2022 – Washington, D.C. – After another series of deadly mass shootings across the country, U.S. Senators Cory Booker (D-NJ), a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee and Chair of the Subcommittee on Criminal Justice and Counterterrorism, Bob Menendez (D-NJ), and Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) on Thursday reintroduced the Federal Firearm Licensing Act, legislation that would require individuals to obtain a firearm license from the Department of Justice (DOJ) before purchasing or receiving a firearm.

Several studies have shown that licensing laws reduce gun violence in states that have enacted them. According to the Giffords Law Center, Connecticut saw its gun homicide and gun suicide rates decrease by 28 and 33 percent, respectively, after passing a state licensing law. In contrast, after Missouri repealed its firearm licensing law, the state saw a 47 percent increase in its gun homicide rate and 24 percent increase in its gun suicide rate. Licensing laws also enjoy strong support from Americans, with 77% backing the measure according to a Quinnipiac survey from 2019.

“In our nation, gun violence has become eerily routine and we’ve done little to stop the horrific mass shootings that devastate the lives of victims and their loved ones,” said Sen. Booker. “Accepting this shameful status quo will continue to lead to deadly consequences. We need to adopt proven, common-sense measures that will address the scourge of gun violence and make our communities safer.”

“This bill moves us in the right direction and is based on a simple concept – if you need a license to drive a car, you should need one to buy and possess a gun,” continued Sen. Booker. “Firearm licensing laws have broad public support and have been shown to reduce gun violence in states that have enacted them, including in my home state of New Jersey. This is the moment to enact ambitious legislation – as a nation, we must rise to it, or we are fated to witness the deadly scenes of this past weekend and years past over again.”

“The United States stands alone in our failure to protect our citizens from gun violence. While many states, including New Jersey, have commonsense gun laws, the need for federal licensing standards has long been clear,” said Sen. Menendez.
“The Federal Firearms Licensing Act would put in place a certification process that includes firearm safety training and a thorough criminal background and identity check requiring the licensee be 21 years of age. We have a moral obligation to prevent these senseless massacres in our schools, supermarkets, places of worship and shopping malls that are tearing communities and families apart. It is my hope that my Republican colleagues will once-and-for-all recognize the urgency of action and join us in passing this legislation before more lives are senselessly lost to gun violence.”

“This legislation will save lives and protect communities across the United States from the devastating impact of gun violence,” said Sen. Blumenthal. “As shown by the success in Connecticut, simple, common sense standards like licensing laws requiring the completion of a background check and firearm safety certification work. I’m proud to join Senators Booker and Menendez in this effort to address our nation’s gun violence epidemic.”

In order to obtain a federal firearm license, the bill would require the following:

-Certification that the individual completed firearm safety training, which must include a written test and hands-on training to ensure safe use and accuracy.

-Completion of a criminal history background check.

-Submission of fingerprints, proof of identity, and verification that the individual is at least 21-years-old.

The federal firearm license must be renewed every five years at which point the applicant will have to go through a background check and undergo firearm safety training again. The bill contains a mechanism for the DOJ to revoke the license if the individual poses a danger to themselves or to others. It would require the Federal Bureau of Investigation to regularly conduct checks to ensure that individuals are in compliance with federal license requirements and keeps in place requirements that all people purchasing firearms from a federal firearms licensee undergo a background check.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://goldrushcam.com/sierrasunti...ral-firearm-licensing-act?tmpl=component

In order to obtain a federal firearm license, the bill would require the following:

-Certification that the individual completed firearm safety civics training, which must include a written test and hands-on training to ensure safe use and accuracy poll tax, er I mean a voting fee.

-Completion of a criminal history background check.

-Submission of fingerprints, proof of identity, and verification that the individual is at least 21-years-old.

So can we get something like the to ensure fair and safe elections? It's for the children.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Shall not be infringed! Edk

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Boy, that’s exactly what we need. More rules and bureaucrat involvement!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We all saw it coming. The Dems deliberately release violent criminals and let crime spiral out of control.

Now they will attempt to use the high crime as leverage to impose more BS like this.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sparticus, Criminal and Blooperfall, That right thar, is 3 nice uns'.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
We all saw it coming. The Dems deliberately release violent criminals and let crime spiral out of control.

Now they will attempt to use the high crime as leverage to impose more BS like this.
Mostly peaceful protests

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nice and succinct.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sure , as long as the same rules apply to voter registration..... they are in for a rude awakening in about 4 weeks when the supreme courts says "you can't do that". Don't matter to me, I stopped following the unconstitutional laws a long time ago. FU4K em👍

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tar and feathers

IC B3

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Guns and roses!

Or whatever they bury despots with.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

Exactly.

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/20...control-proposal-on-november-ballot.html

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ERK
Shall not be infringed! Edk

PREZACTLY!!!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am sure they will grandfather us old farts. sarc/off

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I don't reckon that's gonna work for me.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
just a distraction to ignore our crashing economy, entering 2 wars overseas. No chance of passing but keeps your attention off real problems.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Those three clowns need Sarah Palin's targets on their districts- - - - - -or maybe just on themselves!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Dang it, I just can't remember if I passed that M16 written test during basic...

If I did, will that be good enough?

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol - they want shipping records from the carriers on how many they've moved - some since 2017 because "Trump loopholes lets them sell too many" - that loophole being "you can stay open during Covid"

I've worked with/for several companies on this list. Even moved freight for companies that had firearms as part of the load. It's super focus on security, those trucks simply don't stop once they pick up and you never, ever stage the trailer in a lot to be delivered another time. Federally, a bill of lading that would list "firearms" as a commodity would only be retained for 1 year since creation - so BOL's go back to 2021, not 2017 so 7 months worth. No one's keeping it longer if they don't have to. We were doing over 2 million loads a year as a carrier - all with a BOL. If you can toss them, you do. BOL's continue to basically be paper due to federal law.

What's in the box?!?!

Me

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 280Jeff, 270cowboy, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,341 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,168
Posts18,503,103
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.