Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#17268691 05/21/22
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Does anyone else know we are already in one?. Don't wait until July.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yeah we're already in a recession the quesrion is how deep will it go.

The Fed will have to act this coming week to slow down the double whammy of inflation (which is really already in double digits) combined with a recession which is going to lead to more unemployment (far more people are unemployed than the current numbers reveal) .... the dollar is in serious trouble abroad, the S&P is one hiccup from being declared bearish ... lol, we're witnessing a total $#!+ show in motion right now.

If you see anyone defending this president and his administration, ignore them ... they're complete fuqing idiots.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m more concerned about the World War we’re facing and then the Civil War and then the economy…..in that order. I’m moving to remove myself further from the economy as a hedge. 😉

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I’m thinking the recession is pending.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
No recession here at all. I wish it would come on with it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I am not smart enough economically to use words like recession, depression, inflation et al.

What I do know... and know quite well actually... is materials, equipment and labor necessary to build or make anything.

With that said...

Materials are really jacked up... and I see shortages as inevitable... possibly forever. Many sectors will fail.

Equipment is a byproduct of materials... mostly... Now... throw in oil...

Labor... Good Lord please help us there... 90% of people refuse jobs that require sweat... that will never invert back to people liking to sweat.

Inflation (the rising cost of things) is unavoidable... a gallon of milk (any milk... cow, almond, soy, oat etc.) HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO GO UP, because every single element used to make it... has to go up.

Non-essential commodities/consumables will suffer terribly as discretionary income is transitioned to cover mandatory expenses (i.e. property taxes, flue, electricity et al).

.GOV has no tools in it's kit bag to fix this. NONE.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nothing to "fix". biden admin. agenda A-OK.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Many things to worry about. Recession and Biden trying to fix it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
IMHO... using Historic Modeling (chit that happened in past downturns) ONLY WORKS when all factors are considered in the input data/programing.

in 2022...

America WANTS to be a Global economy (i.e. we want the dudes in India to be as well off as Americas... or said differently for us to be as poor as the dudes in India).

Forgiving College Loans for kids that get a PhD in Paleo Botany (Study of historic and extinct plants) and NOT helping Johnny become a master welder/master HVAC tech... is a pathetic choice for greater National Stability/Growth.

INSTANT news and reaction (i.e. talking heads) mobilize "Guardrail to Guardrail" reactions... this is HUGE... and NOT PRESENT in prior historic economic models.

Personally... I disagree that past downturns are similar to this one... IMHO we are in uncharted waters.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A number of Dems are on record about how good the economy is. One even said that people just don’t know it!

Guess they’re talking about the government salary economy.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
Something must be done by congress to take control from Biden’s handlers. Dems know who’s pulling what strings and my money says the Repubs do too. This must end. This entire nightmare must end and not in 2 1/2 years. The Repubs led by monotone McConnell and the Kalifornia republicrat are not meeting this treasonist tyranny with strength. They let it continue and that includes a breach of our border by invading insurgents. It must stop.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
This true measure of how bad a spot we are in will be revealed shortly around Christmas if we take both houses. That will essentially make Brandon a lame duck president. We could fix most of it but Mitch will keep the train rolling. If he does that then we will know we've been had. It's currently a bleak picture. I hope I am wrong.

The way life should be.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We are in a recession , as stated above , how bad will it get ? Buckle up we are in for a ride !

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by dye7barrel
Many things to worry about. Recession and Biden trying to fix it.
Huh.

Biden, or should I say Biden’s handlers, are NOT trying to “fix it” they are the Architects of it.

A real simple quote from a member here, sorry I forgot who, but it goes as follows.

If Our Government Wanted It Different, It Would Be Different

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mitch and Nancy be the biggest part of the problem, they are on the same path as Biden, screw us out of our tax money so they get more powerful. They are all making bank off of foreign aid returned via their kin, it is like the money laundering scheme of "higher education", raise tuition, raise pay for college profs, they donate back to Democrat candidates, it is a machine and we are the grist of that mill...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It hasn’t started yet, but it’s coming. End of the year is my guess, stocks are ahead of the economy. The fed said they are going to slow down inflation by slowing the economy and raising unemployment, so it’s no big surprise.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by shootem
Something must be done by congress to take control from Biden’s handlers. Dems know who’s pulling what strings and my money says the Repubs do too. This must end. This entire nightmare must end and not in 2 1/2 years. The Repubs led by monotone McConnell and the Kalifornia republicrat are not meeting this treasonist tyranny with strength. They let it continue and that includes a breach of our border by invading insurgents. It must stop.

DID you see how many Republicans cited again too give Ukraine 40 billion dollars to start WWIII. including the great conservative patriot Ted Cruz? You think republicans even care what happens to our country? Think the

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by shootem

DID you see how many Republicans cited again too give Ukraine 40 billion dollars to start WWIII. including the great conservative patriot Ted Cruz? You think republicans even care what happens to our country? Think the
How dare you criticize Cruz, if you ain’t from TX you have no right.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The people in a position to change all this, legally, have no desire to do so.

Originally Posted by steve4102
If Our Government Wanted It Different, It Would Be Different[/i]

All of them are complicit in this, democrats, republicans, senators, representatives, regulators and high level bureaucrats. All about money and control. Once they control all the money what is left to rule over? I don't see us voting our way out of this. The last election was not the first corrupt election but it was the most blantant. They have perfected their technique and honest elections are as scarce as honest politicians.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,293 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,706
Posts18,494,396
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.