Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by shootem
Something must be done by congress to take control from Biden’s handlers. Dems know who’s pulling what strings and my money says the Repubs do too. This must end. This entire nightmare must end and not in 2 1/2 years. The Repubs led by monotone McConnell and the Kalifornia republicrat are not meeting this treasonist tyranny with strength. They let it continue and that includes a breach of our border by invading insurgents. It must stop.

DID you see how many Republicans cited again too give Ukraine 40 billion dollars to start WWIII. including the great conservative patriot Ted Cruz? You think republicans even care what happens to our country? Think the

The red party is in up to their topknot’s. They’re not my people at all.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Forgiving College Loans for kids that get a PhD in Paleo Botany (Study of historic and extinct plants) and NOT helping Johnny become a master welder/master HVAC tech... is a pathetic choice for greater National Stability/Growth.

Lot of truth in what you wrote.

Something to consider about the quote above. I don't know all the ins/outs of Financial Aid for college. I believe that the Pell Grants (maybe other sources) can be used to pay for welding classes (and a lot of other skilled trade classes) at community colleges. I know my brother in law is a welder, my nephew plans to be, a lot of kids I'm around helping a local football team and that I've gotten to know through my son, have plans to be welders. They realize there's a demand for it and are willing to go to work. Most of them have someone in their family or someone they know that's introduced them to the idea.

All that said, I'd venture that the biggest problem is parents and society in general not recognizing it or appreciating it for kids....not just welding but any skilled trade. $ may be a problem as you stated...I agree completely the overall "do what you want" plan is worthless for a useless degree and there's no sense sending any $ in support of it.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I know a car salesman that said it’s hitting the dealerships, they sold about 350 cars month before last , then about 200 last month .

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
IMHO... using Historic Modeling (chit that happened in past downturns) ONLY WORKS when all factors are considered in the input data/programing.

Personally... I disagree that past downturns are similar to this one... IMHO we are in uncharted waters.

I agree. There are factors never before seen in this economy. And no willingness to fix any of them.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I am not smart enough economically to use words like recession, depression, inflation et al.

What I do know... and know quite well actually... is materials, equipment and labor necessary to build or make anything.

With that said...

Materials are really jacked up... and I see shortages as inevitable... possibly forever. Many sectors will fail.

Equipment is a byproduct of materials
... mostly... Now... throw in oil...

Labor... Good Lord please help us there... 90% of people refuse jobs that require sweat... that will never invert back to people liking to sweat.

Inflation (the rising cost of things) is unavoidable... a gallon of milk (any milk... cow, almond, soy, oat etc.) HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO GO UP, because every single element used to make it... has to go up.

Non-essential commodities/consumables will suffer terribly as discretionary income is transitioned to cover mandatory expenses (i.e. property taxes, flue, electricity et al).

.GOV has no tools in it's kit bag to fix this. NONE.

“ Labor... Good Lord please help us there... 90% of people refuse jobs that require sweat... that will never invert back to people liking to sweat.”

Yeah. It’s a funny thing. When people get food and money, for sitting on their azz, they have a tendency to SIT ON THEIR AZZ.

Guess there’s a “balance” between “hungry enough to work” and “hungry enough to riot”, but when NOBODY is hungry, not much gets done.. (and they pass the laziness on to their kids, as well).

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It's already here. My realtor friends say the last 30 days the market is much different already. Business owners are all looking for ways to cut back. Truckers say they can't keep operating with these fuel costs.

I spent Friday night at a church father and sons camp out and service project with some successful people from all different professions and they were all concerned about something with their jobs, businesses or investments. Confidence seemed way down.

Bb

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
As an electrician, the industry struggles to succeed in properly training guys to become knowledgeable skilled tradesmen. The reason it struggles so badly is multi faceted.

Largely, younger guys and guys who are new to the trade expect to get paid well from the beginning. Then that compounds with what limited experience they have or are gaining and that makes them believe they are more skilled and have greater talent than they actually do have.

After a short couple years they definitely do know more about the trade than before a new certainly know about the company they work for. So that particular company does not want to have to replace this person and start over. So, pay to the individual increases and does so at a faster rate than their value to the business. This happens because all contractors are desperate for anyone with any experience and will pay the entry fee.

Keep in mind that this worker is gaining significant dollars on the paycheck simply because the supply of any skilled workers is so low. These guys don’t have to really try and better themselves because the March of time and lack of competition for their job allows them to see increases in their wages regally how much effort they put into self improvement.

The training that is there (which isn’t much) is now trending towards remote learning is the internet. What a weak tit schit show that is. But the tech schools like it because they can reach a much larger student body with lift additional overhead cost.

This applies to probably all skilled trades. The construction game is hard work. And you can LITERALLY make $27 and $28 plus per hour driving a forklift at either of the two distribution centers in our town. So that probably explains why a 24 year old with Only two prior jobs, one was a house cleaner the other driving forklift applied and wanted $35 per hour to be an electrician. Makes sense.

No parts to build with and no one skilled enough to build it, gas to expensive to go to work anyway.

Here comes the recession.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Folks will come out on the other side one day.

They are a thing sometimes.

Why does every little thing that comes along in life seems like it is the end of their world?

Makes no sense.

Most folks will still be alive.

Come on guys

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No recession here assjacks just to lazy to work!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It doesn't look so good.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Buck720
No recession here assjacks just to lazy to work!
Don't worry Biden is on the way!

It doesn't matter who gets more votes, It matters who counts the votes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Sit back in the weeds and see what happens.

We're all workers here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (1936M71, 1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 64 invisible), 2,370 guests, and 1,359 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,685
Posts18,493,989
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.