-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes I did, and still have em in the back of the closet. Also have a slant pocket o.d. green jungle fatigue top that I kept, but the bdu’s are long gone. I tried the top on about 3 years after I got out and could not get it buttoned(no shock there) but the dang sleeves were 3” too short!!! Didn’t realize my arms grew too! 😵‍💫

Doc_Holidude

Livin ain’t killed me yet, but it’s workin on it!

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Gave all my uniforms to my nephew years ago for his HS drama department.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I went to college right out of the Army and while there my Mother donated mine to the University of New Orleans drama department. Never to be seen by me again. But times were different in '72.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I kept my dress blues jacket with all of my awards. It just looks sharp. However, it just hangs in a closet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I see no point in it but I still have my helmet bag. I use it as my gym bag.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
I cleaned mine out of closet several years ago to be thrown away. Several days later they were back in my closet. Wife said she wanted to keep them. She always liked me in uniform, even though they do not fit anymore. She is still sentimental that way....Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My last day at work I walked out at quitting time and ripped my blue shirt off and tossed it in the garbage can. The day after I got my first retirement payment all my uniforms except the BDU pants went to the dumpster. After 21 years I had enough. That was in 1992 and no regrets since

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I got my Blues, only wore fatigues on CQ a few times a year. Found unit logo ball cap which I never wore (40 years ago.)

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I kept my class A CDL even though I haven't driven a truck in years.

Bb

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I still have my Class A's hanging in the closet with the clear plastic dry cleaning cover on them. Also have my desert jungle boots from the first Gulf War sitting below them

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Kept them all. I retired in 1996 and had probably 30 sets of bdu’s. I still wear them hunting. Class a and dress blues hang in my closet and I can still wear them, and do for special occasions/events.

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Was a time when the uniform filled me with pride.

Poured my soul into it for 20yrs.

Hindsight being 20/20, I question the righteousness and morality of it all.

Just as soon burn it now.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I kept my Class As and my Dress Blues.

In 1982/83 the Army cleaned out their remaining inventory of OD Green Vietnam era ripstops, selling them in Clothing Sales as an approved alternative uniform to the first style of Woodland pattern BDUs that were being issued. I kept some of them, but my kids wanted them, so they got them. Plus, it has been awhile since I've been a Medium/Regular.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kept both ... had a lot of salad. Both were stolen from our storage house along with a lot of hunting gear, clothes, etc. We eventually caught the guy but my German, Israeli, Belgium, French and Italian wings were all gone for good along with berets I had worn with each regiment in which I served.

It was a real kick in the nuts.

Crackhead, 41 years old. Judge gave him a year without time served (took him three months to get to his final hearing) he ended up serving two more for a total of five of what should have been a 17 month sentence for grand theft breaking and entering ... and he had a lengthy prior record.

Anyways, the dress blues and class A greens are long gone. Oh well.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OGB
Was a time when the uniform filled me with pride.

Poured my soul into it for 20yrs.

Hindsight being 20/20, I question the righteousness and morality of it all.

Just as soon burn it now.

Then just stfu and do it leg. Don't think about it ... call all your [bleep] libtard commie bastard friends, form a leg circle jerk, and do it. You'll be a hero to all your punk assed pussy-assed [bleep] friends.

Lemme guess .... you were a clerk, did 20, got out as an E7.

What you think about, you do ... what you do, you become.
In a nation where anything goes ... eventually, everything will. We're almost there.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Teal
Kept nothing but my command ball caps.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

They’re digging a big new swimming pool on Medina Base, right inside the front fence by the road. I think some people are going to endure severe trials in that pool.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
kept my Class -A's for 30 years . 10 years ago decided i had them long enough ,tossed them. They didnt fit anymore no how ,they shrunk hanging in the closet , did keep my brass and fruit salad

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EIB0879
Kept my Army Class A Greens and Blues. I gave my old khakis to my nephew. I still have a set of BDUs in the closet also even though my leg would be a tight fit in the waist.
SAME.......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I had to turn in my tailored Winter Class A's (1973, stingy Army re-issued them to some newbie) and had to Deros in my Summer Class A. Since I hardly ever wore them in Germany, I didn't spend any money on them. I still have the jacket in my closet, my dog tags on the hanger.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Kept all of my uniforms.. regardless of class.. to include the white Ice Cream man suit I wore while serving in Madigan AMC...

Still have them in a big old trunk....I've also have a bunch of the Fatigues my old man wore as a young Marine for the 2 1/2 years he served during the Korean War...which ended on his 21st Birthday....July27, 1953.

Those are going to get donated to a local retired guy who collects uniforms, from all services and displays them on mannequins at Veteran events, and holidays...he's lacking on Marine Corps stuff from the Korean War...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

527 members (007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 219DW, 55 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,801
Posts18,496,314
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.