Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
anyone use this site?

if so have you had issues that say 500 Error, Internal Server Error?

I wonder if the site is being taken down, or do I have some sort of virus my computer has picked up.

anyone else experiencing this also?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm using and adblocker so can't access this. Seems the Steve guy died a couple of years back and this guys appears to have taken over? Before you asked about it, I hadn't looked there in a few years.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/stevespages-reloading-and-weapons-site.50909/

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I'm using and adblocker so can't access this. Seems the Steve guy died a couple of years back and this guys appears to have taken over? Before you asked about it, I hadn't looked there in a few years.

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/threads/stevespages-reloading-and-weapons-site.50909/

Note that those posts are from 2016. I used to read Steve's Pages but haven't seen it in years and the link given gets me a 505 also.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
g5m,

yep, not having disabled the adblock at first, when I did I got the same message trying that link.

Guess it's been longer than I thought.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here’s the guys email that runs Steve’s reloading page.

mailto:chrisstevespages.com

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Thanks guys, I reference it often....

just happened within nthe last 3 days... guess Chris may be tired of running it and getting NO support.

Best handloading asset on the net. I've been using it at least since 2010 it seems.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From what i remember he was running it off his own dime. Not sure what that costs but he was taking donations as well. Like you said maybe he got tired of running it.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I actually think Chris was in over his head.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven’t been on there in years.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
For some reason my IP address is access denied.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
16penny's link worked for me.

Purple Bikerr

Last edited by prplbkrr; 11/27/21.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 16penny
https://stevespages.com/page8a.htm
This link works for me

Me also

Living in a world of G17s and 700s, wishing for P7s and 202s
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 16penny
https://stevespages.com/page8a.htm
This link works for me

It was down for about a week.... and then it popped back up...

more like a "hadn't paid the bill type of scenario from the internet provider"

If Chris reads this, I appreciate all the efforts he makes to keep it available for the rest of us.

I use it more than any other reference... both on line or in print...

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm glad it's back up.

Retired cat herder.

C
C
Gentlemen,

Sorry for lack of comment on this... I jut now saw it.

To set the record straight, I'll be addressing several things from the thread above.

1 The site HS been down twice since Steve passed. Both times were on the hosting company side of things. One time was 4 days, second time was 1.5 weeks. It's now been up constantly for over 2 years.

2 "just happened within nthe last 3 days... guess Chris may be tired of running it and getting NO support."
Chris is not tired of running it. Last year was the 1st time in history that StevesPages ever covered it's own cost. As long as it does that it will continue to be here.

3 "I actually think Chris was in over his head."
This is exactly what I did for 35 yrs. For 2 major corps, then my own consulting company, then (dialup days) a 50 state ISP I built from the ground up, then 2 years as an engineer for SonicWall firewalls, etc... This task is a long way from being "in over my head".

4 "For some reason my IP address is access denied." I have worked very hard to not block U.S. IPs. There may be a few where I had to block some abusive players or servers. If you are neither simply contact me ( chris at stevespages dot com) and I'd be happy to look at the firewall and see if I can ease it back to accommodate you. This does ot mean that you get a subscription without following the process.

Chris Hayes, StevesPages

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chris - thanks for carrying the torch.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ChrisHayes
Gentlemen,

To set the record straight, I'll be addressing several things from the thread above.

1 The site HS been down twice since Steve passed. Both times were on the hosting company side of things. One time was 4 days, second time was 1.5 weeks. It's now been up constantly for over 2 years.

2 "just happened within nthe last 3 days... guess Chris may be tired of running it and getting NO support."
Chris is not tired of running it. Last year was the 1st time in history that StevesPages ever covered it's own cost. As long as it does that it will continue to be here.

This is exactly what I did for 35 yrs. For 2 major corps, then my own consulting company, then (dialup days) a 50 state ISP I built from the ground up, then 2 years as an engineer for SonicWall firewalls, etc... This task is a long way from being "in over my head".

4 "For some reason my IP address is access denied." I have worked very hard to not block U.S. IPs. There may be a few where I had to block some abusive players or servers. If you are neither simply contact me ( chris at stevespages dot com) and I'd be happy to look at the firewall and see if I can ease it back to accommodate you. This does ot mean that you get a subscription without following the process.

Chris Hayes, StevesPages

Thanks.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
I did a "How To Reload" post on another forum 5+/- years ago (40k views... kinda sucks now because Photo Suckit took down the pics)

Middle of page 2... I put up how to "hack" http://www.laddata.se/node?page=37

There is some GREAT GREAT data there.

Steve's pages was good back in the day, but laddata is EVERYTHING (like 1,045 pages of EVERYTHING)... just a PITA to hack.

Page 2... https://vaguntrader.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/1274847/2

Used to be a highly respected member there... before the GFYs

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by ChrisHayes
Gentlemen,

Chris Hayes, StevesPages

+1... You data helped me alot... and others.

THANKS!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (12344mag, 257 mag, 270wsmnutt, 160user, 300jimmy, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22 invisible), 1,768 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,875
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.