Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
99guy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have an opportunity to buy one of these. Never handled one, don't know anything about these newer post NH 70's

CRF, made in the early teens I'm guessing, composite stock.

Anybody have any opinions on these they would like to share?

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
GB1

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
If you don't mind the MOA trigger and the Duratouch stock, then go for it. You get the CRF action and hinged floor plate (Super Shadow is a blind box mag). I wouldn't pay more than about $600 ish for one however.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by ElkSnort
If you don't mind the MOA trigger and the Duratouch stock, then go for it. You get the CRF action and hinged floor plate (Super Shadow is a blind box mag). I wouldn't pay more than about $600 ish for one however.

Yep, it might be likely that the duratouch may need to be replaced down the road too, so take that into account. They are known for going gummy. Kind of like Limbsaver recoil pads. I'd bet it will shoot good though. Most of the BACO's I've seen shoot pretty good, if the bedding checks out. I'd also suggest a trigger spring upgrade to an Ernie the gunsmith one. Will reduce the pull weight down to a better weight (around 2.5 pounds).

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
I hated the Timney I put in my 300 win Extreme Weather. I couldn't stand the shape of the trigger shoe. But now I think you can get them with a more traditional curved shape. However I'd try an Ernie spring first.

edit: I regretfully sold this one.

Last edited by ElkSnort; 05/24/22.
99guy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yep, it might be likely that the duratouch may need to be replaced down the road too, so take that into account. They are known for going gummy.

Those are good tips. I am going to pass. I really want a 25-06 Winlite

Thanks

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Yep, it might be likely that the duratouch may need to be replaced down the road too, so take that into account. They are known for going gummy.

Those are good tips. I am going to pass. I really want a 25-06 Winlite

Thanks

Those winlites are beautiful rifles. I really like the Mcmillan's on them. I've seen more of them come out of the woodwork too, so keep your eye open. Hopefully a nice 25-06 will come around. Or buy one cheap enough to have it re barreled? I dang near bought that 280 Rem winlite. It was pretty sweet.. Another option is to make a Faux Winlite. I've seen winlite stocks sell on ebay, but they don't give them away. One went for around $500 and the other $420!!! That's why I was considering buying the 280 at the price it was. I'll run across one in my ventures one day and it will be priced right and I'll take it home with me...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 51 invisible), 1,647 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,997
Posts18,520,367
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.