Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Yup - In the greenhouse biz, I might have had 3-5 minutes available from March through June... Never slowed down since.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I have had to slow down since I have a Hiatal hernia.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eating slowly is a challenge for me.
Worked a job where "lunch" was, at best, "20 minutes, IF available". Twenty five years of that habit is a killer.

Improperly chewed food is harder to digest.
Improperly chewed food means you don't get ALL the nutrients from the food you eat. Only the more easily digestible.
"Chunks" of food cause digestive distress.

Put your fork down between bites.
Cut your food up into smaller bites.
Chew each bite 32 times! My dad drove me crazy! He would sit and "CHEW" Jell-O! ๐Ÿ˜–

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! I hear ya! You're gonna do wha'cha gonna do anyway! Spare me the "yah-yah"! LOL!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
no

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
One of the tricks of that online program is to train yourself, using a stop watch on the app, (or any stop watch.)

You eat slowly for 5 minutes, take a 5 minute break and drink some water or do whatever, then eat slowly for another 5 minutes. You'd be amazed at how full you feel, eating during that 2nd 5 minute interval. It gives your body time to recognize that you're eating. When the watch beeps, you're done. Throw a napkin over the remaining food and toss it.

It works.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Faster than most people at the table. I don't gobble, but I'm not much for yak-yak when I eat. As said above - I'm down to business, and I like hot hot, cold cold.

My rescue dog, Honey, chose me at 18 months, coming out of a native village. 7 seconds tops - she didn't chew. 4 years later, she takes her time - all of maybe a minute to eat - and chew - a cup of dry dog food. Table scraps or left-overs are another story.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
30 years in the firehouse nothing worse than a cold meal. I have tried slowing down itโ€™s not easy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rooster7
One of the tricks of that online program is to train yourself, using a stop watch on the app, (or any stop watch.)

You eat slowly for 5 minutes, take a 5 minute break and drink some water or do whatever, then eat slowly for another 5 minutes. You'd be amazed at how full you feel, eating during that 2nd 5 minute interval. It gives your body time to recognize that you're eating. When the watch beeps, you're done. Throw a napkin over the remaining food and toss it.

It works.

I have found, the slower I eat, the less I eat.

My biggest problem is that I eat until I'm stuffed. Thirty minutes later, I'm miserably full.
Eating sensibly, thirty minutes after I've eaten, I'm comfortably full. Takes a little time for the nerves to catch up to the sensation.

I lost 40 pounds on the "Weigh Down" diet.
VERY simple rules.
Remember, your stomach is your "fuel gauge".
When your stomach growls, it's telling you you're hungry.
When you're full (NOT stuffed!), stop eating.
ONLY eat when you get hungry! (when your stomach growls!) NOT by the timepiece on your arm!

I lost 40 pounds eating hamburgers and chicken fried steak. It ain't WHAT you eat, it's HOW you eat!

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Yes
Being the youngest of 3 boys and was hungry!

FJB & FJT
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
1973 Fort Polk Louisana, Senior Drill Sergeant Brownfield continually yelling "EAT AND GET OUT." I agree it might not be healthy, but when your raceing the sunrise I don't want to move at old woman speed.
How about that restaurant scene in " Major Pain."
Keep the Faith it's going to get rough.

Greater love has no one than this,that he lay down his life for his friends.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,298 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.