Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by Sid Gray
Nothing.
Why would anyone deliberately do something to make their Dad or Mom for that sake mad at you?
Always wanted them to be proud not pissed but that's just me I guess.

LOL

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I didn’t have a great home life. My dad beat my mom in front of me and my brother until she divorced him when I was five. I rarely saw him after that. He’s 5’9” I saw him after not seeing him for a few years shortly after my 15th birthday and was already 6’3” 200 pounds. I picked an argument and told him that I was bigger and was going to beat his azz. Idk if I could have or not being still a kid but he didn’t know either. I ran my mouth and told him everything I had to say while he back peddled to his truck and left. I’ve seen him once since at my grandmothers funeral 12 years ago. We were civil but haven’t spoke since.

For whatever shortcomings I have in life working hard to be successful and being the best father and stepfather that I can be have always been the two things that I take the most pride in. To my dads credit my mother always told us that our dad wasn’t a great husband or father but was always a hard worker.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
There was many , but I guess the chicken was a good one .
We lived at a place called chicken hill .
Cause it was old chicken houses converted to houses .
On the far side lived this Cherokee family .
The man was full Cherokee and his wife half .
Anyway I hung out over there a lot and he liked me and would tell me stories .
So one day he says here I made this for you .
It was a bow and couple arrows .
Wasn’t to impressed at first till he showed me how to shoot it .
He told me the process of making it , but don’t recall now .
Any way J had just enough ass to draw it enough to shoot through a card board box .
No broad head , I think the tip was fire hardened of something like that .
Anyway , now I’m amped up and going to get me a rabbit.
There was a big area of cedars on the side of the hill . I hunted my ass off and the only thing in the cedars was the old lady next doors chickens .
So not having any kills under my belt , I thought you shoot the critter and it falls dead , quietly, wrong !
Stalked them till I was a couple feet , drawed and fired that arrow .
I don’t know what the odds were that I would connect , but connect I did .
That’s when I got introduced to reality .
That friggin thing didn’t just quietly fall dead , it went to flopping and squawking and the other chickens flushed , squawking and flew into the ole woman’s yard .
Gathering attention, and the stuck chicken was flopping around raising all sorts of hell , I’m freaking out .
Finally it goes hobbling and squawking into her yard and being a dumbass kid I was chasing it till I came face to face with the ole lady .
Froze in my tracks , she’s glaring at me and I break run back into the cedars .
I’m hiding wondering what to do .
So it’s getting toward dark and I slip around the hill we’re she can’t see me , hide the bow and arrows under the porch .
When I went in , dad was setting there half drunk and pissed .
Where’s that [bleep] bow ?
What bow ?
At the top of his lungs
You better get that [bleep] bow in here now !
I knew not to say what bow again and dashed out the door and got it , handed it to him he broke the arrows over his knee and ripped the strings from the bow .
Arrows, bow in one hand and me by the nape of the neck in the other he marched over to the ole woman’s house ,arms crossed she stared on while seeing her justice being dealt .
Don’t remember what it cost besides some bruises and welps , but we was all poor folks and a chicken wasn’t to be taken lightly .
Old Indian came over and talked to dad a few days later , but didn’t change nothing .
Except ole man started getting his liquor fir him .
Kenneth
Didn’t proof read , fugg the spelling

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I always knew that I’ve grown up surrounded by love and kindness and while I deserved and received discipline it was never over the top. Reading some of the experiences of others growing up and the discipline (abuse) they received is heartbreaking.

For those of you that suffered abuse (not discipline) at the hands of your father and have stopped that cycle in your family I applaud you! The self determination required to not repeat the cycle of abuse that you suffered is an amazing and HEROIC testament to YOUR goodness! God bless you guys that broke that cycle…..that’s what a REAL MAN looks like!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I remember being 12 or 13, being sent to my room and waiting for my dad to come in and beat me.

He walked in and I told him if he hit me, I was coming back at him and while he could probably beat me pretty good, he was gonna find out how strong my skinny ass was. He walked out and I never got in that scenario again.

My dad and I had a decent relationship after I lived away from home for 8 or 9 years.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
My dad pranked me by putting toothpaste on the earpiece of the phone and telling me there was a call for me. I picked it up and stuck toothpaste in my ear.

So, being ten, I thought it would be funny to use pump hand soap and put a half inch in each of his loafers.

He did not think that was funny, nor appropriate payback. Lol
That was pretty slick.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Mine was pretty simple, had pulled a motor and tranny out of a corvair spider and my pos brother in law started talking scrap to me. Dad wanted us to get it down an outside cellar way into his workshop. I was about 13 and the pos was about 28 and as we got down the first steps he started again. I shoved him and the motor and tranny down the steps. Walked away and started up the street. Was about a half a block away when my dad grabbed me by the shoulder and spun me around. Only remember stars and waking up with a broken nose and 2 black eyes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
My stepdad mixed canned dog food with ground beef and fed it to my brother and then taunted him about eating dog food. He beat my brother and beat me once with the rubber stop on the end of his cane that he was using for a faked personal injury suit.

He didn’t like that I was listening to Rush on the radio. I was 16 at that time and broke three of his ribs and lacerated his kidney. He was sent to the ER in an ambulance after driving himself to an urgent care. The police got involved. My face was a bruised mess from the rubber stop. Now a days he’d been arrested rather I wanted to press charges or not. I chose not to press charges. My mom told me that I would be out on the streets if I did.

The lead cop was really cool. I told him I was scheduled to be to work at a local family restaurant that I washed dishes at but was to embarrassed to go to work covered in bruises. He called the restaurant in front of me and without saying as much lead them to believe that I had been in a car accident and would be back to work in a few days but to expect some bruises when I came back.

I had to to testify that my step dad was severely injured IMO from his fall/faked lawsuit that he and my mother planned. I threatened not stick with the narrative my mother threatened to kill herself and that I could go to foster care for the next two year.

I spent a good chunk of my early years living in a trailer park and not always having electricity until Salvation Army paid the bill. Teased for having off brand shoes and such.

I’d never feel comfortable talking about these things with coworkers or with all but a few of my very closes long time friends but the fire and being somewhat unknown makes it easier and a form of therapy:)

I was blessed to have amazing grandparents that lived out of town and didn’t know what was going on. I spent most of my summers with them riding quads, learning to scout deer, train bird dogs, shoot guns and fish with. That’s always been my refuge.

Truth be told probably a lot of us have similar or worse stories. I had a drug issues after getting out on my own it hasn’t always been smooth but I’ve made a lot more good choices than bad. I have great kids my wife and I have a less than perfect marriage but we’re together and we’re stable we live a solid middle to upper middle class lifestyle. That’s my American Dream. I hope that are kids take it up a notch.

I’ve said way more than I started to when first commenting on this thread but fug it.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My respect for you men that overcame serious hurdles and poor examples of parenting have my ultimate respect! To be the MAN to break the cycle of abuse and neglect is harder than most people realize. You guys are excellent examples of good overcoming evil…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
My dad's step brother was horrible to his kids, he would hit them like he was fighting another man, punch them, knock them down, kick them, etc. Most of his kids left home as soon as they could and a few of them never attended family get togethers or holidays. I often wonder how many of them treated their children the same way later on in life

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I always knew that I’ve grown up surrounded by love and kindness and while I deserved and received discipline it was never over the top. Reading some of the experiences of others growing up and the discipline (abuse) they received is heartbreaking.

For those of you that suffered abuse (not discipline) at the hands of your father and have stopped that cycle in your family I applaud you! The self determination required to not repeat the cycle of abuse that you suffered is an amazing and HEROIC testament to YOUR goodness! God bless you guys that broke that cycle…..that’s what a REAL MAN looks like!

This thread has been on my mind all day. I had no idea there would be this many examples of abusive fathers. Aces thoughts echo my own.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
There were many, but I think what pissed my father off the most was surviving birth.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Dad never realized every nut and washer was a sinker. Also using those needle nose pliers made me one of the fishing pro’s on tv.

He had a saying I still use today…..”I’m going to go out there and take a dump in the road and see who comes along to move it.”

Love and miss you Dad!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Amen, sir!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 270jrk

This thread has been on my mind all day. I had no idea there would be this many examples of abusive fathers. Aces thoughts echo my own.

Originally Posted by Batchief909

Amen, sir!

Well said, Aces !!

Well done boyz !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some of us thought we had it bad growing up, then we learn we had it pretty dam good. My dad only hit me one time, with his belt, and I definitely deserved it then and more times. It's one of only 2 times I saw him cry.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
A
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A

My heart goes out to those that were abused. I'm surprised how many Mom's were the disciplinarian, heck my Mom never yelled at me.

Due to the increased price of ammo, don't expect a warning shot...
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 257wthbylover, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 1,742 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,118
Posts18,522,864
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.