Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
https://www.zerohedge.com/political...xas-cops-enter-school-gunman-inside-hour

That said, it now appears as if several cops may have entered the school to save their own children while the shooting was unfolding and the parents were being held back.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If demonstrably proven, they’ll have to go into something akin to witness relocation. SMH.

Fear the crabcat.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
''ME AND MINE"

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://www.zerohedge.com/political...xas-cops-enter-school-gunman-inside-hour

That said, it now appears as if several cops may have entered the school to save their own children while the shooting was unfolding and the parents were being held back.

If true, that's insane. I read in the article that you quote where they were holding fathers back and threatening to taze them if they tried to storm the building while shots were going off...

For those of you who are in law enforcement or have the expertise, isn't it part of the role (or expected role) that law enforcement rush in and do whatever is necessary to defend the lives of children who are being shot? I mean, even with a 9mm handgun, you'd think they would have been able to at least engage the shooter so as to distract or prevent a few more deaths, even if they got shot themselves. It doesn't take much to shoot the lock off the door either.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m going to wait for a “decent interval” and facts before I start criticizing the response, there’s plenty of time to critique their actions. With that said if it were me in uniform responding to an active shooter I’m damn sure making sure my child is safe and I ain’t apologizing for it either, I’m a dad first, last and always.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

40O Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Please tell me you are not a police officer. Please! I agree we need to wait for more information. Beyond that, the badge and the gun should not be used to prevent one parent from saving their children while being used by another parent to save theirs child first.

"What I was saying is if my kin folk 400 years ago had guns, we wouldn�t be having this conversation. I�m in favor of guns and encourage everyone I know to have them because the last time we didn�t have them we were abused.�
Rep.Mitchell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The Democrats seem to think that Gun-Free Zone signs are good enough for schools, because they think armed people amongst children is a terrible idea.

My idea will end that facade quickly. Simply tell them that all armed security in the Capital, for the senate and the house, the WH itself and all federal buildings, will be eliminated and replaced with Gun-Free Zone signs only. If their solution is good enough for school kids, it's good enough for elected representatives.

Watch how fast their tune would change.

It takes a village to raise an idiot.
J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
There’s multiple video coming out now of cops handcuffing parents as they were trying to save their kids.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Great idea Grouseman, Like George Wallce, used school buses to take the supreme court judges to work, instead of limmozines.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’m going to wait for a “decent interval” and facts before I start criticizing the response, there’s plenty of time to critique their actions. With that said if it were me in uniform responding to an active shooter I’m damn sure making sure my child is safe and I ain’t apologizing for it either, I’m a dad first, last and always.

I hope you aren't saying you'd let shooting go on and put finding your kids first and getting them to safety before responding to the shooting.

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
This wasn’t some factory with a disgruntled worker shooting his supervisor or coworkers. This was an elementary school full of kids. There was no reason to wait!

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Why were the cops holding back parents when there's an active shooter in the school? Seems to me that they would have more pressing issues than the parents. I vaguely remember that after Columbine, the new policy there was to enter immediately upon arrival, seek and engage the shooter before any more kids were gunned down and not wait for back-up or SWAT. Go get the Son-of-a-Bitch!! I may be wrong but that's how I remember it.

Makes a guy wonder how many kids were shot while the cops argued with the parents.

prplbkrr = Purple Biker

Can't score goals if all you do is pass.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Only thought should have been take out the shooter ASAP.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Happened more than once, probably far more than is known.

Parkland, Florida

The armed school resource deputy at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, waited outside the school building as the shooting unfolded last week, officials said.

Scot Peterson never went in after taking a position on the west side of the building, Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said at a Thursday afternoon news conference.

Peterson resigned after he was suspended without pay by Israel pending an internal investigation into his actions during the shooting that left 17 people dead, Israel said. Peterson was eligible for retirement.

He resigned and got his pension.....

Last edited by ol_mike; 05/26/22.

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jerry_Lundegaard
There’s multiple video coming out now of cops handcuffing parents as they were trying to save their kids.

That just isn't so.

By the time the parents got to the school, the kids were already dead as the shooter fired multiple rounds in the classroom as soon as he entered.

The video you see is after the shooting. They are keeping parents and others out of the scene of the crime.

Imagine them letting parents waltz into the classroom to see kids and teachers in the state they were in.... Or letting them run into an active shooter.

Would YOU let them in?

THINK people... Damn.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sad

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m not sure how you can pin down the time the victims were each killed.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
I’m not sure how you can pin down the time the victims were each killed.

The spokesman said as soon as the shooter entered the classroom there were many, many shots. Multiple shots.

He then said the shots that came after the initial burst of shots were likely from the shooter engaging police and them engaging him.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I won't take these early news reports as accurate at this point. They have their agenda which is to sensationalize information to create clicks or get viewers. Truth is immaterial.

Without knowing how it happened in this instance, I can tell you that since Columbine, Law Enforcement as a community, has been trained that with an active shooter, the first responding officers are to form a team of at least 3 officers and hunt down the shooter. I worked in a city that had full time "Swat" officers, but our instruction was to not wait for them to arrive, as minutes count.

Once a team of officers entered the building to hunt down the shooter, normally additional responding officers would not go in to prevent crossfire situations. No entry team wants to meet another team especially from another agency that may be on different comms.

In this case, is it possible the first officers on the scene did not go in as trained. Yes, but hopefully not.

Is it possible that the Border Patrol "entry team" that was in the area responded quickly and took the lead to enter as the local PD officers were about to enter? As they were a trained "entry team" doing narcotics warrants and thus employing swift and dynamic entry tactics they would likely be more effective and better equipped. Once they were in the building, parents could well have seen other responding officers outside the building on the perimeter "doing nothing."

Hopefully the truth will come out, but I wouldn't trust the media to report it.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
But at least one kid hid the whole time and survived. And what about the kids that bled out waiting on the cops? Sorry, there aren’t any excuses for the cops or the parents there.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,273 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.