Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I thank god every day I'm a white man living in America...

White folks in Rhodesia and South Afreaka used to say the same thing about their idyllic existence.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Why don't schools have magnetic locks etc.? Why do the Democrats oppose elementary safety measures for kids? Why do they oppose armed SROs in schools?

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
No shots fired between the shooter and the SRO. And there is a question, why not? The other is why was this door unlocked? Whoever failed there needs run out of town tarred and feathered.

IMHO the root cause is there’s about 140,000 elementary schools in America, and only one has been shot up before, and that was ten years ago.

If you go around every elementary, middle and high school in America looking for “locked” doors propped open plan on tarring and feathering a few million people, prob’ly mostly kids.

Obviously, that one door on that fateful day shoulda been locked but how much paranoia should we live underpin a daily basis?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
J
I agree but "this" shooter would not have been able to enter the building if these type of door lock would have been installed. Extra curricular activities could be handled in much the same way as the opening of the school day, with teacher/staff greeting students into the building. If the school watched all entries into the schools as if it were their homes this would not have happened. Also where are the hall monitors, have they been abolished along with common sense?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It’s not the locked doors…it’s pure cowardice on the part of the police. Bottom line is the first shots were at least 40 minutes before the perpetrator was killed. Four minutes after it began the locals exchanged a few shots and fell back and waited for about forty minutes. How many of those children bled out during forty minutes ? Thank goodness all the cops went home alive and only the children and teachers died…cowardly scum police and everyone here who makes excuses for them.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
It’s not the locked doors…it’s pure cowardice on the part of the police. Bottom line is the first shots were at least 40 minutes before the perpetrator was killed. Four minutes after it began the locals exchanged a few shots and fell back and waited for about forty minutes. How many of those children bled out during forty minutes ? Thank goodness all the cops went home alive and only the children and teachers died…cowardly scum police and everyone here who makes excuses for them.

Go show them how to do it. Make a difference. Save lives.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/26/22.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hardening our schools is the “easiest” and quickest way to do something proactive. Limiting entry and funneling everyone entering through 1 or 2 doors offers better “control” and observation of everyone coming into the school. Our little town approved a new construction levy several years ago to build a new high school. It was ready for the 2020 school year and it only cost $150,000,000. The old school (circa 1971) was about as outdated as a Studebaker. It had something like 75 doorways that allowed ingress into the school and the individual classrooms from the outside. It would’ve been an absolute nightmare for the good guys in the event of a school shooting because of the number of doors, the number of “portables” which were basically a bunch of single wide mobile homes used for classes and the sprawling layout of the campus. The new school has 1 entryway with the administration offices overlooking and straddling both sides of the entry. Our SRO (good guy) has his office right at the entry also overlooking the entire entrance. The doors can be locked with the push of a single button should anyone in the “office” see someone approaching that looks dangerous.

Stopping crazy people from doing the unimaginable in a “free” society is almost impossible but slowing them down and buying time isn’t. Those psychotic scumbags might have some semblance of a “plan” but they’re rudimentary at best. Interfering with their “plan” and throwing something at them they aren’t expecting or prepared for can be enough distraction and disruption to save lives.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A school has to have multiple ingress and egress points so there’s that.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A school has to have multiple points of egress in case of fire but it only needs 1 entry.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Were body cams on and aren't they time stamped?

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
A school has to have multiple points of egress in case of fire but it only needs 1 entry.
And reports say the TX shooter entered in a back or side door which is an ingress/egress. It should have been secured better. Bad guys aren’t always go in the main entrance.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
More bulls hit from folks that don’t know s hit from shineola as to what actually took place!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our district has a strict locked door policy.
3 schools ranging from 130 years old to 30.
Different designs, but you either get buzzed in, or you enter the office
which is isolated from the school by magnetic locks.

Visiting one day, a door accessing the school directly past the office
was wedged open. Ask the principal if he knew, his face turned red
and he darn near rant to it. When I left, he was looking for an ass to chew.

Good policy, well enforced is still going to have holes.
Systems showing open doors might help, but $$$ is always an issue
in rural schools. (Unless it's football or wrestling)

We have one SRO. He floats between the 3 schools in three different
locations, on his own random schedule. But I'd bet there are kids who
know what he drives.

Going this,had an epiphany.

On the "fire, teachers are constantly attacked. Criticized

Cops, 50% worshiped.

Over the decades of these shootings, numerous public school
employees have offered up the lives to save kids. People who took
a job understanding it had risks of paper cuts, getting hit by a stray ball,
or blisters from running a broom.

Gave up their lives.

Compared to "Serve and Protect"?
Armed, trained, armored...

Posted above about an incident where I was ready to go into the building.
No training, no trained backup.

No macho BS.
I was terrified.
For our daughter and friends.
For unknown kids.
For what might happen involving myself.
No hero crap, but just what I felt I had no choice but to do.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
https://www.zerohedge.com/political...xas-cops-enter-school-gunman-inside-hour

That said, it now appears as if several cops may have entered the school to save their own children while the shooting was unfolding and the parents were being held back.

I don’t believe it. Makes no sense. Most parents have only a vague idea where their kids are inside a school at any given time, even their kid texting them prob’ly wouldn’t make it clear.

So now we’re told some Cops entered a school where hundreds of kids were sheltering in place and walked out with only their own.

Horsesh$t.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

That said, it now appears as if several cops may have entered the school to save their own children while the shooting was unfolding and the parents were being held back.

I don’t believe it. Makes no sense. Most parents have only a vague idea where their kids are inside a school at any given time, even their kid texting them prob’ly wouldn’t make it clear.

So now we’re told some Cops entered a school where hundreds of kids were sheltering in place and walked out with only their own.

Horsesh$t.

Yeah, that is not likely. Those stupid fn cops did not go in and save anyone's kids. Not even their own. FN gutless pricks.. They worked hard to not let parents get in while they stood outside the fences and did nothing...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Horsesh$t.

You just aren't getting the picture.

The cops evacuated all the kids to awaiting busses that took them to wherever ever was deemed safe, they need them all together so they can be counted and confirmed.

Other cops were holding parents back while this was happening.

When these cops located their own children during this evacuation process do you honestly think they made them get on those busses to be shipped across town?

Hell no, they held onto them, I would've, I bet you would too.

It's all in how the media is spinning the sights that were seen and filmed.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffA
When these cops located their own children during this evacuation process do you honestly think they made them get on those busses to be shipped across town?

That makes sense, handed them off to spouses/relatives/friends in the crowd.

Any school personnel inside the yellow tape would too, incidentally alleviating the congestion over at the official drop off point.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JeffA
You just aren't getting the picture.

The cops evacuated all the kids to awaiting busses that took them to wherever ever was deemed safe, they need them all together so they can be counted and confirmed.

Other cops were holding parents back while this was happening.

Kinda like the mounted Border Patrol guys horse whipping those poor fleeing black men, huh?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yeah, I'd trust the MSM to tell us the truth....... NEVER.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

Go show them how to do it. Make a difference. Save lives.

I wish he had been there with a gun before the cops got there to keep him from going in.

Wasnt the puke shooting outside for 12 min before he got in? 16 min before the law got there?

Columbine, Stoneman Douglas at Parkland and now this and every time the law enforcement agencies decide the next time it happens they will go in immediately.

Well, I guess pulling over speeders can be explained as protecting the public.

Last edited by jaguartx; 05/27/22.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
After a while, this crap starts smelling fishy. Orchestrated.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

334 members (12savage, 204guy, 12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,495 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,499
Posts18,490,472
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.