Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ldholton
What's a considered "felony" and what's not needs to be redone ...

Go ahead and scratch out "domestic violence" and "hate crime" while we're at it.

Some of the dumbest fugking schit ever put in print.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is the current law doing its job of keeping guns out of the hands of prohibited persons?

J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
When I was very young my Mother and Father started teaching me the difference between right and wrong. They also told me what the outcome or consequences of my actions could and will be.
If you can’t do the time…

Many forget that George Washington was a wanted criminal.

“Right and wrong” can’t be taught by your mommy and daddy.
I beg to differ. I was told if you kill someone in anger that that is wrong and you will pay for it. I was also told that you should treat everyone as if they have some inner battle that they are fighting and you should give them the benefit of the doubt.
Your parents are your first line of defense as you grow up.

Reread the last sentence…

That would mean a bunch of combat vets did something wrong when they killed people.

You'd have to be a special level of retard to teach that to a child.

Fighting a war and killing premeditated are two entirely different things. Of course if you were taught that you would know the difference.

My parents tried to instill good in all of there children as best as they could. My father did 2 tours in Vietnam and lived to tell about it. He didn’t ever commit any crimes because he was taught right from wrong when he was a young child. He was also a New York City beat cop before he joined the service. My mother was a great woman with many many friends that taught there children to be good children as well. I have no friends that are in prison. So to say that they are retarded is very offensive to me and I would like to give you the opportunity to say it to me face.
Just send me a PM and we can discuss a meeting place.

Last edited by JHM; 05/28/22.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Felons can regain their rights to own firearms, vote, hold public office, and so on. They must complete their sentence to the satisfaction of the court, then they must apply for a Certificate for Relief from Disabilities and a Judge may or may not grant it. Once granted, it essentially expunges the conviction."

True for most state crimes. Not true for Federal crimes. There is no provision for restoration of firearms rights for Federal felons.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
When I was very young my Mother and Father started teaching me the difference between right and wrong. They also told me what the outcome or consequences of my actions could and will be.

I beg to differ. I was told if you kill someone in anger that that is wrong and you will pay for it. I was also told that you should treat everyone as if they have some inner battle that they are fighting and you should give them the benefit of the doubt.

That would mean a bunch of combat vets did something wrong when they killed people.

Fighting a war and killing premeditated are two entirely different things. Of course if you were taught that you would know the difference.

My parents tried to instill good in all of there children as best as they could. My father did 2 tours in Vietnam and lived to tell about it. He didn’t ever commit any crimes because he was taught right from wrong when he was a young child. He was also a New York City beat cop before he joined the service. My mother was a great woman with many many friends that taught there children to be good children as well. I have no friends that are in prison. So to say that they are retarded is very offensive to me and I would like to give you the opportunity to say it to me face.

OK, retard.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
"Felons can regain their rights to own firearms, vote, hold public office, and so on. They must complete their sentence to the satisfaction of the court, then they must apply for a Certificate for Relief from Disabilities and a Judge may or may not grant it. Once granted, it essentially expunges the conviction."

True for most state crimes. Not true for Federal crimes. There is no provision for restoration of firearms rights for Federal felons.

Or any form of domestic violence.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
That's right, no restoration for domestic violence. That was enacted in 1993. Remember who was "co-president" and who helped push this through? Hillary. Just part of the big picture, the gun grab. Libs nibble away at the Second Amendment, bit by bit.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Is the current law doing its job of keeping guns out of the hands of prohibited persons?
Excellent point, just as the "law" says you have to have a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle, (and in Tennessee, have insurance as well), you can prove that lie any day in traffic court as the long line of offenders is brought before the bench and fined for not having one or both.

As an aside, last moving violation I got cost me $250.00 with fine, court cost and drivers school to keep it off my record. The judge was giving the visitors from other countries with no license or insurance fines of $15.00 and no court cost...asked Mr. Country Club about that disparity at the next county GOP meeting and he allowed as to how I have plenty and they are struggling???

Laws only have meaning for the law abiding, criminals could give a lusty crap...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
That's right, no restoration for domestic violence. That was enacted in 1993. Remember who was "co-president" and who helped push this through? Hillary. Just part of the big picture, the gun grab. Libs nibble away at the Second Amendment, bit by bit.

But yes.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Some convicted felons should not be allowed to own firearms. Where and who draws the lines? I have a few friends that got caught growing dope to sell and are convicted felons, nothing compared to what's happening today in the marijuana business. When Florida made armed trespassing a felony offense, a lot of poaching stopped, great deterrent.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Inalienable rights mean they cannot be taken away, even by government.

J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM

OK, retard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM

Didn't know your dad, and I darn sure don't intend to disrespect him.

But you are wrong. Very wrong.
Your dad may have never murdered, raped or robbed.
May not have driven drunk.
But I guarantee you he broke laws.
Everyone does, every day if they drive a car far enough.

2 miles over, rolling stop....aren't a big deal.

But that's the point of numerous posts here.

Drunk 18 year old getting in a fight with Dad shouldn't keep
both from owning a gun for life.

Kid from a schiddy home knocks off a liquor store at 20,
does some time, get some education and pointed on a good path
shouldn't be banned from buying his 10 year old a 22.

20 years, a lifestyle and lifetime later.

America and Christianity are intertwined.
And a basic tenement in both is the ability to put the past behind
you and move forward on a better path.

It's a damn shame human kind so corrupt everything has to be codified.
So often these things should be decided by what makes sense.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
J
JHM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM

I can agree with some of your argument but not all of it. And you are right you do not know my father or the kind of man he was so, can we just leave my family out of this discussion please.

American is built on laws to many of them in my book. The son and father get into a fight…what happened to good ol’ common sense where the cop makes them shake hands and everybody goes about their business?

The kid holds up a store. I’m assuming he used a weapon to make his threats more believable…he threatened someone’s life. Would you trust him at your house with a gun in his pocket?

Yes humans are corrupt. To my knowledge we are the only species that commits heinous crimes on the planet. So we just turn away and let people hurt other people at will?

America was founded with christianity in the background. I God We Trust, taking the oath on the Bible, E pluribus unum ect.

Laws are meant to detour violence, crime, rape ect.
Can these law breakers be forgiven? Some think so, some don’t. I think they can with the proper rehabilitation and guidance. Can they restore their rights? Absolutely.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Years ago in his youth an old friend got drunk one evening, fell asleep outside, woke up shivering cold, no vehicle, started a small fire to warm up. At some point the fire somehow got away from him and caught a local little restaurant on fire. He was arrested and served a short time in the county jail. Fast forward years later, after leading a responsible law abiding life as an adult and retiring from a good paying job he'd held for years (he was #1 in seniority out of several hundred), he was denied the purchase of a basic firearm for hunting small game. Said he'd bought, sold and traded many firearms over the years both privately and from gun dealers and had never been denied before. Unbeknownst to him, the arson charge so many years prior was a felony. Not only could he not legally purchase a modern firearm, he was not allowed to keep in his possession any that he already owned.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM
Originally Posted by JHM

That's BS, so you believe that someone who robbed a liquor store using a gun should be allowed to legally own and buy guns? Having a gun pulled and used against you is something that alters your life forever.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ldholton
What's a considered "felony" and what's not needs to be redone ...
Yes !

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Worked for a couple large companies
Id say most felons are repeats and most of the time its stupid stuff.

A lot of people are worse, with no record.
Ya just never know who has done what, until you go look it up.

Yup, some people do non violent stupid crap when young and grow up. Most later are still azzholes though.

Some do well enough to drop tbe coin and have things fixed later to vote and own guns. Engineer i know did that, solid dude.

Another guy at work dropped 8 grand to clean a theft deal off that was over 10 yrs old. Well he tried, read in paper he got popped for kiddie porn.

Yup, know of a handful like him ( felony when young, claimed to have grown up ) every damn one a democrat.Except that one engineer LOL

Last edited by hookeye; 05/28/22.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I see no reason why someone who has paid their debt to society should continue to be punished by losing rights.

On the flip side, we could get rid of the atf....it's a win/win.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
This law will not keep felons from getting guns it's a waste of time and money.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,386 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,139
Posts18,484,059
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.