Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
At 15 had a cops kid tell the teachers that I was threatening him over a girl which was complete vs as my buddy was talking to her. Spent 3 months being held 45 minutes after school so he could get home. Come spring there was an Assembly and I caught his lying ass on the track field and beat the living deal out of him. Was arrested and charged with assault and locked up. Cuffed and thrown in a cell. Went before a judge and had to pay the hospital bills does that count cicu 1969

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Visited a guy in county jail, every week, for 8 months. Before his jail time, I had been assigned to be his mentor. Obviously, I failed as a mentor - he tried to rob a bank.

When I would go to visit him, I would have to wait along with all of the other family and friends waiting to see their loved ones. That was sad. So many young women with two or three young children clinging on to them, all so they could have 15 minutes to talk through the glass, on a phone, to their boyfriend/husband. What a hopeless future for these young kids.

Adventure is the only thing you buy that makes you richer
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Here I am thinking about all of the times I got out of bed in the middle of the night to get friends and family members out of jail.........

pal Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Circa 1962 I spent 5 days in jail after being arrested for "drunk in auto".

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Was in cuffs several times in my younger days, usually for alcohol related altercations. Once was followed the few miles home after being stopped by one the township PD sergeants I knew. I was pretty tuned up and he told me I was driving within the lines etc just about 15 below the speed limit. Told me if I made it home we were good, if I wrecked he would say he was following me cause he thought I was DUI. I made it home and he waited until I got in the house before pulling away.

Closest to jail was spending a night in the drunk tank while working in Charleston, WV after getting in a fight with some cracked out spook while walking back to the hotel from the bar. Rastus got a trip to the ER while I got taken to the tank.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A good family friend said, there is no other sound like the door locking behind you.
Bull scat

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No, but have spent 13 years in one.

Yup.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A good family friend said, there is no other sound like the door locking behind you.

The sound of a zipper on a 19 year old girl’s pants as she sloooowwwwllly pulls it down.

Nothing quite like that.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Pendleton Oregon. About 1970. Got off the bus at midnight, at 12:03 they locked the teminal doors, and I was out on the street with my baggage. Bstards! - that trip was the last time I took a Greyhound anywhere!

Cold, and I wasn't really dressed for it. Started down the block hoping to find a place to stay nearby, and a couple cops pulled up and wanted to know what I was doing.

They offered me a cot at the station, as they had no other guests, and I took it. (I'm not sure the next step would have been voluntary.... smile )

They didn't even lock the door, and their coffee in the morning wasn't that bad either, and I was on the next bus to - I think - Spokane. Or wherever- I don't really remember, except that I was coming home to Alaska!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
no. never. should have. could have.

Pharmacist in Jackson Ms, bad area. Quite a few instances of fighting shoplifters, chasing them down, gunpoint, etc.

Last time. about 2003. about age 40. It was a Wednesday evening about 5pm.
Very busy. Guy came in and stole about $400+ in merchandise.
Customer told me. I grab my 357 and took off out the door.
He was a block ahead of me. Jumped in the truck, and after red lights I caught up with him on the frontage road of hwy 80.
I sped up, rolled down the window and locked the brakes up beside him. Scared him white.
I jumped out, he took off running. I'm after him, but forgot the revolver on the seat.
Twisted me knee, hurt like crap.
He stopped in front of another business. I got close to him and demanded my stuff back and if he ran I'd hurt him bad because my knee was hurting.
He took off again but ran between 2 parked cars that were pulled up tight to a brick wall. Nowhere to go.
I casually walked up and told him to give the stuff back.
He said "NO, what are you going to do anyway>?"
My response, "I'm gonna break your face"
But, I wanted him to swing first so I would have the right to hit him many times.
So, I said some unkind things about him and his family.

He tried a very slow (think calendar time) roundhouse. I moved my head back to miss it and stepped forward with a strong right hand.
He fell back on the wall and slid down. He was out, but I sat on his chest and beat him in the forehead until a guy I did not know came up behind me and called my name and said, "Stop, you're going to go to prison if you keep hitting him."

I came to my senses stood up. I looked to my left and 100 yds away were 3 similarly pigmented people to the perp. One was on a cell phone and they were yelling at me. I assumed the cops were on their way. I was a mile from the pharmacy, which made me a vigilante looking at a felony. I look to the right and the guy that stopped me that I did not know, but called me by name was nowhere in sight. He had just vanished.

The perp is waking up and looks up at me. I thought quickly and said, "Those people over there are calling the police, do you want to be here when they get here?"
He said "no". And I said, "you better get out of here then."\
When he stood up he had a 2-3 inch gash on his forehead that squirted blood a foot or more each heartbeat. He took off running.

I went back to the store and call my chairman of deacons (at the 1st church I pastored) and said, "I may not make it to preach tonight". he asked "why?"
I responded "because I am probably about to be arrested".

I told him the store. I called the pharmacy owner next. and waited for the police that never showed up.
1 hour drive to church. I felt like God whispered in my ear "If you continue responding in anger this way, you may just start a prison ministry from the inside."
That was the last felonious assault I participated in.

Who was the guy that stopped me? i don't know. How long would I have kept hitting the guy if I wasn't stopped? I don't know, I was hitting him in blind anger.
I've always had a temper when it came to thieves, etc. , but I called it "righteous anger".

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Many years ago, I spent the better part of a year in jail. Absolutely hated every minute of it - even though I had the keys. Never worked jail again!

Does that count?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Been to jail many, many, many, times. I always left as soon as possible though.

Usually some nutjob screaming or smearing poop on the walls.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Never been, but I am planning on going to jail or possibly the state pen. Lots of noise in California about putting either a flat tax or water meter on domestic and household water wells. Remsen has offered to represent me, I haven't sent him a retainer yet, but he is still in the California Bar. I am not making threats, but we shall see what transpires, I feel strongly about domestic water, basic human needs.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
A fellow can sleep in jail without being a prisoner or visit a prisoner.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mart
In 1977 I was released from 13 years of incarceration at Hermon-DeKalb Central School. Does that count?

You've paid the price. I have a couple grandkids still doing time there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
First time I remember was the old Jail, had to go to the sheriff's office
to get a pistol permit. It was an old brick building, the office was
nice in an old industrial way.

Then they moved into the new jail.
First time I tried to open the door, it didn't.
Just gave a little tug, didnt move.
Tried again with a good solid pull.
Heavy SOB.
It shut as I walked in, saw the bars, barred auto-lock doors.....
Was darn glad to leave.

Later, visited a family member there over 3 months.

Know numerous people who have done stints there and the state pen.
To a man they tell me they would rather get a 30 month sentence than a 15.

Over 24 months is state pen, and it's a much better experience.
Library, education experiences, gym, rec-yard, jobs.....
Local jail is 2-3/cell, open doors with 12-20 guys in a big room, one tv.
Feeding time is the only thing different.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
When he stood up he had a 2-3 inch gash on his forehead that squirted blood a foot or more each heartbeat.

I've seen--and experienced--tons of head wounds, and they tend to bleed a lot. I've never seen any that squirted blood the way you describe. Arterial bleeds, absolutely, but gashes in the head? Nah, not even once, even where exposed skulls were involved.

As to the OQ, unfortunately, yes. In more than one country. On more occasions that I have fingers on a hand. Or a hand and a half, maybe. It's been more than 25 years since my last brief stay at a crowbar hotel of any sort, but I've spent some time behind bars and know I don't like it. Mostly for brawling/violent physical confrontations and almost always involved alcohol (behold, that may be a CLUE!) and about half in response to slurs from Boston townies that needed a lesson in manners.

I recall one fine summer evening in the late 80s sitting in a bullpen in Boston's Area B with a bunch of X-Men (Latino gangsters) and a total of maybe a dozen other shytbirds in the late 80s. A memorable one, that. The old homeless disgusto drunk squatting and evacuating his bowels in the corner was a nice touch. And yes, before he had a chance to finish two of the gangsters kicked and stomped his face in for him, leaving him unconscious in his own filth. Jail/prison etiquette is a thing, y'know. 'Thoust mustn't [bleep] in thine neighbor's house' or something like that...

Another scumbag was actually booting up what I assume was H in that cell as well. What the? Good job on the body search, BPD! Getting taken out the next morning to transport in the Black Maria to see The Man cuffed with six others at a whack was also fun. Arms intertwined and cuffed like a barrel o' dumb monkeys. That particular incident happened as a result of guilt by association. I and two of my then so-called friends were at a bar called Gerlando's in Boston's Allston and a dude walked up and told us quite clearly that all were going to die that night. He had friends with him.

Good to their word, they were waiting outside for us at closing time. I ended up stabbing one with a borrowed knife and fracturing the orbital and cheek bone and opening up in the process several very deep gashes on another's head and face with that size XL lock blade handle. Originally was charged one count of AM and one for ABDW, but downgraded to two counts of ABDW. It was purely self-defense, and I'm glad to say that the DA eventually learned enough facts, including lengthy records of violence of the 'victims' to understand I wasn't the real bad guy. Just another stupid participant. I found out later that Rolando had indeed ripped these guys off for an octavo. He skipped bail along with the other dude who RAN, and left me facing trial. I eventually pleaded out. With only me to face the word of three others, several witnesses who saw me going to work on those fuggers, with my cohorts on the lam, I didn't like my odds.

That fun night out at the bar with neat 'friends' cost me about $6K in 'victim' medical bills/restitution, 250 hours of community service and three years of supervised probation. I think I was 19 at the time and that was my last fairly serious run-in with Johnny Law. Sometimes it takes a bit for me to catch on.

Fun thread.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Once.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Once for about 12 hours when I was 27........

Saw the judge the next morning and I'll never forget what he said. "Mr. Stapleton, you're 27 years old, drive a truck for UPS right? , you have never been in any trouble and have never even had as much as a speeding ticket."

"Would that be correct?"

To which I replied "that is correct".

He said "I don't feel like you belong in jail, get outta here and in 2 weeks we will get this sorted out."

Came back in 2 weeks and he threw it out and sent me on my way.

I haven't been back.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1eyedmule, 01Foreman400, 67 invisible), 3,320 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,378
Posts18,469,479
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.