Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No.

I find the idea of a Memorial Day sale abhorrent.

I don't have a problem with those who take advantage of a sale, but personally have always avoided Memorial Day sales. Doesn't seem right profiting off a day set aside for those who are no longer here.

Have no problem going to the lake or whatever and enjoying the day, as I think everyone should enjoy the freedoms that are dearly paid for. Making money off it though isn't for me.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
The dryer going out. It's 15 y/o(?). Old lady is pissed. I told her to just go buy one.

Repair man won't even look at it. Says go spend your money on a new one on sale for memorial day.

I guess there are sales? I have no idea. I don't care. Make momma happy.

Likely fixable yourself. My wife fixed our Samsung dryer with YouTube and a screw gun. I was out of the country. Parts were ordered online.

White towels have grease all over them and it sounds like a freight train coming though the house. Maybe I could fix it. But probably not.

A bearing is going out, shedding its oils and grease inside and making the noise. Post on FB marketplace or Craigslist and someone will fix it for you. OR don't and just buy another.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
AR!5.com sale at Hank's Belts. $20 off every belt. Use code AR20.

Link to Hank's Belts sale

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Local tactical shop and range is having a MD sale. Going by at 10:00 o pick up a Walther PDP and optics. Maybe some reduced energy loads if I get lucky.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
No.

100% this! It is disgusting to me that folks would want a discount or sale instead of recognizing the reason for Memorial Day. I refuse to utilize any sale in reference to Memorial Day unless its entire purpose is to go back toward memorial efforts.

Hmmmm.......so the wife and I drove around 250 miles with $4.00 a gallon gas visiting the graves of our lost loved ones over the last two days. We started a flag program when my grandmother died at the small country cemetery where she and my grandfather were buried 10+ years ago. We along with the community donate flags every year. To date there are almost 150 flags in that little cemetery. Now I go to take advantage of a sale and I don't know the meaning? Interesting.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
IC B2

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
A bearing is going out, shedding its oils and grease inside and making the noise. Post on FB marketplace or Craigslist and someone will fix it for you. OR don't and just buy another.

Yes, support bearings are shot, replace them all (probably two), but also the front and rear drum gaskets. While in there, a new belt and idler pulley too.

It's not hard at all, but I do wonder how the grease in getting inside the dryer drum. Check for defects.

More likely the grease is from your washer. That seal is more involved to replace, but not difficult.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by local_dirt
AR!5.com sale at Hank's Belts. $20 off every belt. Use code AR20.

Link to Hank's Belts sale

Those are nice belts. Very nice.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They had dollar drinks for vets at the dancehall from 7 to 10 on Saturday night.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I wish Memorial Day would quit being used to market. I wish Memorial Day would quit getting conflated with veterans' day.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Harbor Freight is having a sale. With coupons.

You think they have any good Chynese schiett?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
No.

100% this! It is disgusting to me that folks would want a discount or sale instead of recognizing the reason for Memorial Day. I refuse to utilize any sale in reference to Memorial Day unless its entire purpose is to go back toward memorial efforts.

Hmmmm.......so the wife and I drove around 250 miles with $4.00 a gallon gas visiting the graves of our lost loved ones over the last two days. We started a flag program when my grandmother died at the small country cemetery where she and my grandfather were buried 10+ years ago. We along with the community donate flags every year. To date there are almost 150 flags in that little cemetery. Now I go to take advantage of a sale and I don't know the meaning? Interesting.

The point is - the retailer should NEVER use Memorial Day as the reason for the sale. Call it "May Sale" or whatever but not Memorial Day Sale. I won't take part in a retailer riding the coattails of why we're observing this weekend to give me 10% off a mattress.

Me

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1minute, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 75 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,684
Posts18,493,949
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.