Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
I just run used motor oil in alla my 2 strokes

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Lucas for air cooled equipment. Quicksilver for the '81 50hp Merc Classic 4 outboard. That's what I use, dunno if "best".

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I did learn something , if you believe Taryl from Taryl Fixes All on Youtube

Synthetic 2 Stroke oil - you don't have to care about the ratios 40:1, 20:1 doesn't matter if its synthetic.

I didn't believe it but I found this on AMSOIL's website

---------------------------------

One two-stroke mix ratio for all equipment

AMSOIL SABER Professional Synthetic 2-Stroke Oil is tested and proven at any mix ratio up to 100:1.

That means you can mix one can of fuel and use it in all your two-stroke equipment. Done. Problem solved. If you want to use 50:1, use that. Or 80:1. For best value, use 100:1.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Mix ratio does affect jetting. more oil, less gas per unit.

GOA
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I saved up money for 4 1/2 years to get me a new husky 435 saws the saw of my dreams. 2 cycle oil ? I wanted to go cheap cause I spent all my money on the saw, called down there to ask what I could use that was cheap, woman with a beautiful voice answered, she was so nice, she told me to buy the pricey husky oil. So I'm going to do as she said, best in the long-run husky oil, if I could have met her back when I was young I know me and her could have had a good life together. I've called her a few times with oil questions, she sounds so sweet, I think me and her were meant for each other.
When I get my check Im going to get my nephew to carry me down there and get me a pint of husky 2-cycle oil and try and meet her. Who knows what the future holds for me and her.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by ol_mike
I saved up money for 4 1/2 years to get me a new husky 435 saws the saw of my dreams. 2 cycle oil ? I wanted to go cheap cause I spent all my money on the saw, called down there to ask what I could use that was cheap, woman with a beautiful voice answered, she was so nice, she told me to buy the pricey husky oil. So I'm going to do as she said, best in the long-run husky oil, if I could have met her back when I was young I know me and her could have had a good life together. I've called her a few times with oil questions, she sounds so sweet, I think me and her were meant for each other.
When I get my check Im going to get my nephew to carry me down there and get me a pint of husky 2-cycle oil and try and meet her. Who knows what the future holds for me and her.
Look out what you ask for! At my previous job, before I retired, we had a gal with the sweetest sounding, sex voice you could imagine.

After she transfered the calls to me, I can't mention how many guys said she sounded like a hotty!

She was a 65 year old woman with gray hair.....LOL

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
laugh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Is her name Siri or Alexa?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Cecil56
Look out what you ask for! At my previous job, before I retired, we had a gal with the sweetest sounding, sex voice you could imagine.

After she transfered the calls to me, I can't mention how many guys said she sounded like a hotty!

She was a 65 year old woman with gray hair.....LOL

And would field dress 320 😁

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I just buy the premix stuff by the quart down at Tommy’s Pitstop and Deli.

Comes out to about $37 / gal, but wh0 cares…

YOLO.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
I just buy the premix stuff by the quart….

Comes out to about $37 / gal, but wh0 cares…

YOLO.

Same here, except I buy it by the gallon. We had 3 other oil threads going, I figured we needed another one. 🤣🤣🤣

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It depends on the application but that Evinrude XD-100 oil is some amazing stuff considering how lean the mix in those motors are/were. It would be interesting to know which outfit made it for BRP/Evinrude. Amsoil also makes an equivalent.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

M
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by RJY66
It depends on the application but that Evinrude XD-100 oil is some amazing stuff considering how lean the mix in those motors are/were.

Direct injected based on engine RPM

V
Vek Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I bought a 12-pack of castrol quarts that's OK for air-cooled stuff way back 12 or more years ago...still chipping away at it. Had my chainsaw's cylinder off recently...original hone marks still intact, everything hunky-dory, running between 40:1 and 50:1.

Read an account of where a bunch of the expensive little stihl 2.6oz bottles that mix at 50:1 per gallon were underfilled with maybe an ounce of oil. I like the little bottles just fine, but verify what comes with them. I like using them to meter bulk oil from a bigger container.

Bought a well-used Echo backpack blower from a yard care dude that runs like new. He swore by Amsoil at 100:1 for his string trimmers and blowers. We feed that one the same, from a different can. That stuff STINKS when burned.

Marine 2-cycle can get a bit specific. Direct-injected 2-stroke from Evinrude, Merc and Yamaha have pretty strict needs. OEM for those. Old carbed smokers can be a bit less specific.

I think there are a lot of ways to skin this cat, but will begin to worry about my saw gas when I use up the rest of my 2000-vintage or so Castrol quarts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Always ran Maxima or Motul back when I was riding motocross, running the Banshee.

Maxima Castor with race gas is a smell that will take you back....

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yamalube was the stuff to use back in my motorcycle days. I'd still use it if I had a 2 stroke.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
Back in the day MX RM250 Belray MC1 synthetic. Broke in on Castrol R bean oil........sweet odiferous bean oil smell.......better than Hoppes9 or fired alox bullet lube.

GOA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Run Husky synthetic premium in my saws/weed eater.

No idea what's best, how would one know?
Even a shop owner is subject to lies about what was used, how
it was mixed.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (16penny, 204guy, 1badf350, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,088 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,908
Posts18,498,216
Members73,983
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.