Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
People like Strider go to hell because they hate Jesus and want His message banned here.
Most of those kind of people are Reprobates.
Their hearts have become too hard to get saved.
There's a much better chance of the poor who live in the projects and trailer courts getting saved than these Christ hating Reprobates. Those who support his efforts try to take others to Hell with them.
I take that seriously.
God takes that VERY seriously.
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged......And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brothers eye?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Above my pay grade.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
Am I wrong or were the first Christians true communists? As per Acts?

No. The model was how pre-king Israelite society was structured during the period of the judges.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus knows.
He wants others to know too.

Very clear...
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

Who is the god of this world?

"But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

It is the devil whose servants want Christ's gospel to be hidden.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
If Crappy Hamster can consider himself a Christian...I reckon a Muslim could too.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
If Crappy Hamster can consider himself a Christian...I reckon a Muslim could too.
Actually Muslims do revere Jesus

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Remsen
Originally Posted by Tyrone
There's a reason Jews are so often Progressives - they don't believe in the final revelation of Jesus. They think that revelation can change too, so that things like the 10 Commandments can be "revealed" to just be suggestions later on. Where does this new "revelation" come from? Just about anywhere, as there is NO authority.

I am not well versed in Christianity, so it may be that I'm missing your point, but I am an observant Jew and there is absolutely no wiggle room among the observant that the Torah is not just a suggestion. We certainly interpret the meaning of what is written, but among the observant there is absolutely no support for taking the Torah (and the 10 Commandments) as just as suggestion.
Thank you for the correction. I don't know what sect of Judaism you belong to, but it is my understanding that at least several sects believe in progressive revelation.

What you said at least partially explains why you are such a good, admirable man.

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Exactly. Happy seems to have a problem with that.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Not in the same way true Christians do, for the record.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
People like Strider go to hell because they hate Jesus and want His message banned here.
Most of those kind of people are Reprobates.
Their hearts have become too hard to get saved.
There's a much better chance of the poor who live in the projects and trailer courts getting saved than these Christ hating Reprobates. Those who support his efforts try to take others to Hell with them.
I take that seriously.
God takes that VERY seriously.
Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged......And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brothers eye?

In That Same Chapter Jesus teaches those who will learn we can know believers by their lives. Jesus even called unbelievers pigs. Believers have an obligation to judge with righteous judgment. If we judge by God's Word and are judged by God's Word every thing will be fine.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I think Christians can start out as Democrats. The better question is can they stay Democrats? Since we're too soon oldt and too late smart - usually, We can reasonably expect a person of faith to eventually realize the truth of a situation and act appropriately. If life isn't sacred to the unborn then life isn't sacred at any age. Most people of faith will eventually have a problem with this. Roe V was something rammed down our throats by a bad court case, and seems to fly in the face of the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You need to read the book Jesus and Mohammed. You will learn Muslims don't honor Jesus.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

He is mentioned in the Koran . Tell a Muslim extremist that you love Jesus and you'll ruffle some feathers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Roe vs Wade was decided, were not six of the nine justices on the court Republican-appointed…?

For nearly the last fifty years, have not Republican-appointed justices outnumbered
Democrat-appointed justices…?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We need to define the word Christian. From the standpoint of scripture the word means "Christ Follower" or more accurately perhaps Christ Imitator".
So the teaching of Jesus was about love and peace, and non-conformity with social norms to the point the social norms disagree with God.
So if we hold to the literal teaching of the New Testament a democrat can become a Christian as easily as any other sinner and sinners are those that need salvation from the penalty of their sins. They need Jesus to pay them because it's too late for them and nothing they can do can pay for their own sins other then being cast into the Lake of Fire for ever. (Just like every other Christian)

But the very foundation of the Democrat part (Communist party) is anti-God and if God is for something the Communists are against it. If God is against something the communist (democrats) are for it. From Pharmacia, (drug addiction and use of drugs to manipulate) to mass murder of kids to mass theft of labor, to supporting homosexual activity, to sales of humans as 'tax chattel" (a slave by any other definition) and every other egregious sin you can think of and a lot you probably can't.

So........can a democrat become a Christian? YES! Anyone can. The very worst of us can.

Can a genuine Christian continue to be a democrat, and believe it's OK with God?

Oh Hell no!

Last edited by szihn; 05/31/22.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman
In That Same Chapter Jesus teaches those who will learn we can know believers by their lives. Jesus even called unbelievers pigs. Believers have an obligation to judge with righteous judgment. If we judge by God's Word and are judged by God's Word every thing will be fine.
Exactly.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don’t think a democrat baby murder supporter or a godless marxist can or should call themselves a Christian

Also, I don’t think ole “saddleboots” or crosseyed bo from idaho that never cracked open a Bible or has used the last 467 Sundays to be drunk or fishing or sittin on his ass sucking ice milk and watching Big Jake for the 12th time can call themselves one either. Regardless if they are conservative

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by antlers
When Roe vs Wade was decided, were not six of the nine justices on the court Republican-appointed…?

For nearly the last fifty years, have not Republican-appointed justices outnumbered
Democrat-appointed justices…?
Because when Democrats select nominees, they go right ahead and select those with clear track records of leftism on the issues of importance to the left. When Republicans select them, they have to select those who have no clear track record on issue of importance to conservatives (or the left will crucify them in the press), so it's a crap shoot.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Judge as in accurately access - yes. Judge as in render condemnation - no. There is a difference

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Since Christians are admonished not to associate with those committed to ungodliness, to suggest that Christians are forbidden from exercising judgment of individuals based on Christian principles is absurd.

"Judge not" refers to judging the ultimate disposition of an individual's soul. We are in fact required to judge whether individuals demonstrate a pattern of acting in an ungodly manner, or have a pattern of condoning such actions in others.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (222Sako, 338rcm, 1minute, 338reddog, 264magnum, 63 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,541
Posts18,491,511
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.