Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I've got boots, I've got crocs, I've got proud meat, and I don't give two fuggs what anybody thinks of any of it. Didn't think men worried about that kinda [bleep].
Some of you real manly men might try a pleated skirt, lace panties and a tube top to go with your crocs and sandals. I'm sure they'd be cool and comfortable and would make a cute little ensemble as well as making a strong statement of security in manhood. LOL
Damn your a hard headed yankee Blackheart. I whatever I feel like wearing and sometimes I wish I had made a different choice.
Don't wear white after Labor Day.

That's all I have to say about that "choice" thing.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I think you need to define what you mean by sandals. Some have an enclosed hard rubber toe box and are stout enough to use when you're wet wading western freestone rivers.

Like Tevas and Keens.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad
You must live in a very dangerous area!
You never know what you're going to run into or where you need to go. You leave the yard or get off pavement much you're going to be poking through blackberry brambles, multiflora rose and/or mud and I want boots for that. Just the other day I had the dogs out for a walk around town when a dog came barreling out of somebody's back yard and went after my dog. A swift kick to the ribs changed his mind. I doubt it would have been near as effective with sandals.

This is what most of my yard looks like. I go where I want in it, barefoot, sandals, boots, romeos, whatever I happen to be wearing. I worry not about a dog attacking my or my dogs, I'll kick them with whatever I should happen to be wearing, or I have an item accessible (even in town) that is much more effective than a pair of Red Wings.

Wife and I took the dogs up this road, it's no longer got snow on it, yesterday a mile or so to the next section gate. Was talking to the rancher neighbor who moved his cows onto this allotment yesterday after we got home, and while he was up in the area of that gate working fence in preparation for moving the cows on, heard something move behind him only to see a lion skittering away. I have more to worry about with coyotes and lions than I do with dogs and therefor prepare more for them and other possibilities. I've walked up that road barefoot, sandals, boots, LL Bean Mainers, haven't had to use snowshoes yet. And yes, I've walked through sagebrush grasslands more than once barefoot or in moccasins. If I run across a berry patch, or roses, or chaparral that I absolutely have to go through rather than around, I'll take responsibility for poor planning, or I go get proper equipment. I've yet to have anyone chase me through them attempting to take my life. We'll have a shootout before that happens.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Pull your piece to shoot somebody's dog on the sidewalk in town and you're probably going to jail. A boot to the ribs is preferable when it will suffice and is much more effective than a sandal. We ain't got lions here. We do have bears and coyotes but generally not in town. You ain't getting far out of the yard here without going through something with thorns, poison ivy and mud. I'll stick with boots thanks.

We have a great sheriff here, and from what I've heard the Chief of Popo in town ain't so bad either. Dog trying to kill mine, if I choose to not let the air out of his lungs first and decide to put holes in him instead, they'd likely see to it I didn't spend much time in the klink.

But, you keep wearing your boots in the house, around the yard, in town..............wherever you choose to because that's your right.

Don't think of other men as less than "real" because they choose differently though. Makes no sense.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Geno,
Not even going to cross the Mucks line.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
So only boots because you might have to kick a bunch of stuff to death.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Thanks Geno,
Not even going to cross the Mucks line.

I have a really hard time finding "rubber" boots. The XtraTuffs were really popular up in AK, can't hardly get my foot in them, high instep maybe? Tried the Muck deal too, similar and they are way spendy for my tastes.

I have a pair of El Cheapo, black "rubber" farm/milk boots as we called them. Oversized so I can get my foot in them with some wool socks if it's really cold out.

Forgetaboutit when it comes to those LaCross types that lace up and have fitted ankles. Not gonna work on these feets.

In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Well,
It is Blackheart after all.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Sandals in the summer

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You never know what you're going to run into or where you need to go. You leave the yard or get off pavement much you're going to be poking through blackberry brambles, multiflora rose and/or mud and I want boots for that. Just the other day I had the dogs out for a walk around town when a dog came barreling out of somebody's back yard and went after my dog. A swift kick to the ribs changed his mind. I doubt it would have been near as effective with sandals.

This is what most of my yard looks like. I go where I want in it, barefoot, sandals, boots, romeos, whatever I happen to be wearing. I worry not about a dog attacking my or my dogs, I'll kick them with whatever I should happen to be wearing, or I have an item accessible (even in town) that is much more effective than a pair of Red Wings.

Wife and I took the dogs up this road, it's no longer got snow on it, yesterday a mile or so to the next section gate. Was talking to the rancher neighbor who moved his cows onto this allotment yesterday after we got home, and while he was up in the area of that gate working fence in preparation for moving the cows on, heard something move behind him only to see a lion skittering away. I have more to worry about with coyotes and lions than I do with dogs and therefor prepare more for them and other possibilities. I've walked up that road barefoot, sandals, boots, LL Bean Mainers, haven't had to use snowshoes yet. And yes, I've walked through sagebrush grasslands more than once barefoot or in moccasins. If I run across a berry patch, or roses, or chaparral that I absolutely have to go through rather than around, I'll take responsibility for poor planning, or I go get proper equipment. I've yet to have anyone chase me through them attempting to take my life. We'll have a shootout before that happens.

Pull your piece to shoot somebody's dog on the sidewalk in town and you're probably going to jail. A boot to the ribs is preferable when it will suffice and is much more effective than a sandal. We ain't got lions here. We do have bears and coyotes but generally not in town. You ain't getting far out of the yard here without going through something with thorns, poison ivy and mud. I'll stick with boots thanks.

We have a great sheriff here, and from what I've heard the Chief of Popo in town ain't so bad either. Dog trying to kill mine, if I choose to not let the air out of his lungs first and decide to put holes in him instead, they'd likely see to it I didn't spend much time in the klink.

But, you keep wearing your boots in the house, around the yard, in town..............wherever you choose to because that's your right.

Don't think of other men as less than "real" because they choose differently though. Makes no sense.
There are no town cops here so you'd most likely be dealing with the State police and most of them are dicks. You'd want that dog to be attacking YOU, preferably with some puncture wounds to prove it before using deadly force if you didn't want to be paying an attorney to defend you in court. At the very least you'd likely be charged with discharging a firearm within the village limits with the possibility of animal cruelty and reckless endangerment charges on top of that. Shooting a dog without good cause constitutes felony animal cruelty here.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The morbidly obese alcoholic Eskimo sheep farmer having reading comprehension difficulty once again. What a surprise. LOL

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

There are no town cops here so you'd most likely be dealing with the State police and most of them are dicks. You'd want that dog to be attacking YOU, preferably with some puncture wounds to prove it before using deadly force if you didn't want to be paying an attorney to defend you in court. At the very least you'd likely be charged with discharging a firearm within the village limits with the possibility of animal cruelty and reckless endangerment charges on top of that. Shooting a dog without good cause constitutes felony animal cruelty here.

Blackheart: You seem to think that since you've found boots to be your preferred footwear for where you live, they must be the best for everyone, everywhere.

None of the rest of us live there.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

They'd most likely let the village idiot off with a slap on the wrist.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
I've got boots, I've got crocs, I've got proud meat, and I don't give two fuggs what anybody thinks of any of it. Didn't think men worried about that kinda [bleep].

"Real men" don't concern themselves with what other men wear.

I'll remember that. lololol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

And folks harp on Cali?

Good cause to me is my dog is on a leash, the attacker isn't, my dogs cost the wife a good chunk of change, our dogs participate in and take ribbons in performance events, we're not willing to lose our investment to any loose mutt, and if your dog hurts my dog unprovoked their will be a price to pay. etc etc.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bought these Croc style shoes on closeout thinking they might work well in the pedal yak. I was right. They are perfect. The question is, are they enough to trigger Blowheard?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you have your spandex on?

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you have your spandex on?

This area is clothing optional. Would you like a pic of a juvenile manatee?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

Blackheart: You seem to think that since you've found boots to be your preferred footwear for where you live, they must be the best for everyone, everywhere.

None of the rest of us live there.
You go to a college town here you can see young men wearing everything from pajamas to skirts and pantyhose with high heels and sandals around town in broad daylight. I suppose to the manly men campfire brain trust that's perfectly acceptable and just shows how very secure they are in their manhood. I find it repugnant and laughable. I feel the same about the old gray haired hippies wandering around the streets of Woodstock with their baggy shorts, tie dyed T-shirts, pony tails, sandals and earrings. Laughable.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

And folks harp on Cali?

Good cause to me is my dog is on a leash, the attacker isn't, my dogs cost the wife a good chunk of change, our dogs participate in and take ribbons in performance events, we're not willing to lose our investment to any loose mutt, and if your dog hurts my dog unprovoked their will be a price to pay. etc etc.
I'd have killed that dog if I had to the other day. Thankfully I was wearing boots and didn't have to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 9 of 26 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (01Foreman400, 35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 797 guests, and 782 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,392
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.