Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
shootem Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Never mind multimil $$$ budget items. Doors can be wired with alarms. Door not shut for selected time, then audible/visual alarms. Legitimate movement of bodies thru the door, alarms disabled while coded key within range. That is, there must be an authorized key holder within say Bluetooth range. That puts the authority figure in close proximity to the door. What did I miss?

Last edited by shootem; 05/31/22.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Our small rural school has all doors closed and locked.

I don't get it either.

Montana MOFO
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Too simple

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We visited my wife's aunt in a nursing home, they run a tight ship.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Schools, governments, and people can do everything right 99.9% of the time and it only takes that .01% for the bad guy to get lucky. Like a teacher going to her car to get her cell phone and propping a door open. That was about the dumbest move I have ever seen by trained "professional". Next to waiting 40 minutes in a hallway.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Kids in the high school where I taught for 20-somwthing years learned to wedge textbooks, or even pebbles into the door jambs to keep the panic bars from locking the doors to outside entry. City fire codes prevented disabling fire exits, and the school had over 100 fire doors. Kids would disable the automatic locks to let their drug pushers roam the halls disguised as students. Try controlling 3000+ high school brats sometime!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
In a free society the only real defense is the individual being ready to fight back. Locks, doors and bars can all be defeated by a determined attacker.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Any time a locked door is the shortest way between point A and point B, people are gonna prop it open.

Only way to stop it is have an alarm.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
IMO,
1) An armed SRO should open the school for business each morning.
2) An armed SRO should also shut the school down every afternoon.
3) There should be a armed SRO on school grounds AT ALL TIMES! If a SRO wants/needs to leave the school grounds, it is their responsibility to see that their vacancy is covered.

Not sure about other states or other cities.
It is the responsibility of the school district to hire/pay their SRO.
The SRO is "licensed" under the local PD. (the same way a RN can treat a patient under a doctors medical license)

Harrold ISD in north Texas has had armed teachers and bus drivers for about 10 to 15 years now. Harrold ISD is 45 minutes from the nearest law enforcement office.
Nobody knows who or where armed staff is.

Last edited by martinstrummer; 05/31/22.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Any time a locked door is the shortest way between point A and point B, people are gonna prop it open.

How about a school district policy? You block a locked door open, you're fired!

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Moto_Vita
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

How about a school district policy? You block a locked door open, you're fired!

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Schools must be run that way!!! Otherwise who ever blocks the door is involved in the crime, wittingly or unwittingly.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Timeline of the shooting.

https://areaocho.com/timeline/

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I don't remember seeing it mentioned
anywhere, but it was probably the "smoker's door "

Some years ago my mother worked at a
nursing home, and that was what the employees
did, prop a door open for the benefit of those
that could sneak back for a couple of puffs.
That stopped when a few of the elderly people
decided to waltz on out to who knows where.
Then they had a detector of some kind that sounded
an alarm when one of the special bracelet wearing
residents would try to pass. An elderly woman
defeated that by stripping everything from her
body, bracelet clothes underwear and all and
running naked out the door and out through the
neighborhood

More than a few places I've worked had
" smoker's doors" propped open when they
were supposed to be securely locked.
Those sliding security grates too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some schools have an open campus with multiple buildings. Kids travel between buildings each hour when the bell rings. Not as easy as it sounds to keep all doors locked and guarded. Warmer climates typically have schools like this. The Uvalde school may have also been this way. Schools I attended in California were like this back in the day.

God Bless America
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Kids in the high school where I taught for 20-somwthing years learned to wedge textbooks, or even pebbles into the door jambs to keep the panic bars from locking the doors to outside entry. City fire codes prevented disabling fire exits, and the school had over 100 fire doors. Kids would disable the automatic locks to let their drug pushers roam the halls disguised as students. Try controlling 3000+ high school brats sometime!
It was only 1500 in my case and we only had about 20 doors to watch.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rickt300
In a free society the only real defense is the individual being ready to fight back. Locks, doors and bars can all be defeated by a determined attacker.
Agree 100%. Seems as though most teachers are liberal, and wouldn't be armed if they had the option. I have a half sister that's a teacher and I know she wouldn't tote a handgun. She sure complained about citizens having (weapons of war). I told her perp could have done same thing with a pump shotgun and his pockets full of shells.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've said the same thing for years. Grandpa's 100yr-old Model 12 shotgun with no plug is plenty deadly when you know you aren't going to run into anybody else with a gun. So is a 150yr old lever gun. It's not the availability of the equipment that's the problem, but instead the disturbed mind with evil intent. We all know that.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-sc...closed-door-gunman-entered-propping-open

BeyondWords
A lawyer for a Uvalde teacher that the Texas Department of Public Safety says left a door ajar just before a gunman entered Robb Elementary School is contesting that timeline, saying that the teacher actually closed the door as she called 911 when she saw there was an active shooter.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Looks like from that article, the teacher accused of leaving the door propped opened has “lawyered up”.
He or she probably needs a armed bodyguard if they still reside in Uvalde.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
The problem is everybody is chirping about gun control. "Sensible Gun Control". There is no sensible gun control. Why not focus on hardening the schools? That won't help either because we've lost our culture. This didn't happen fifty years ago. There was the Whitman attack at UT in Austin from the bell tower. With all the maniac agenda items the democrats and atheists push like gender identity, LGBT, abortion, etc. life is becoming less important. Antifa and BLM kill with impunity and the media blames it on everybody but the perp. We need to be rid of the democrat party and most republicans holding office now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,044
Posts18,482,116
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.