Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Im.thinking someone is going to get to the truth about this and i think some folks are going to be found to have had some relatives get some huge unexplained cash advances, as did the perp.

Like his last and later deleted Tweet said

"The Biggest Opps"

"Kids be scared irl".

A blind hog would consider that a clue.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The liars in charge can't get all their lies about the shooting and response to mesh. They are on their 3rd try now. How did a high school kid working part time afford that much equipment? He had 2 ARs, and one was a top dollar rifle, 1600 rounds of ammo and body armor. Was he planning this for months and saving up? If so, is there any evidence he did?

Last edited by reivertom; 05/31/22.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We visited my wife's aunt in a nursing home, they run a tight ship.

They pat you down for your “church piece” ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We visited my wife's aunt in a nursing home, they run a tight ship.

They pat you down for your “church piece” ?

[Linked Image from ]

Great ol weeeestern with Robert Mitchum ( i think ).

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by gunzo
The door... amongst so many other details... stink up the whole scenario.

I'm leaning toward the school and/or the teacher got complacent as it was said they have experienced at least 43 lockdowns this year due to Bidens wetback invasion coming through Uvalde.

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Why weren't all the doors to the classrooms locked? They kept the police out, but not the shooter.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
The govt or the govt is paying someone to capture ,collect, listen and track everything everyone does. They know who everyone is. They know who is a criminal and who is dangerous. They don't care or they would do something about it. They only want to further their agenda. Eliminating guns in the hands of citizens. for what they are planning for later is on the agenda.
And protecting children is a great excuse for restricting guns.
If they cared about school children School busses would have seat belts.
If they cared about children Abortion wouldn't be their Rallying cry. Formula would be available.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I could care less if a teacher propped the door open or not. The fact is that the crime was committed by a bad guy who broke a whole schnaggety of laws to finish his act.

If the teacher was paid to do this....then things change.

Every school has panic bars and windows close enough to them to operate from the outside. When I priced ballistic glass for our facility and the prevailing wage to install it....you're looking at several thousand dollars per windows. A window to the office with a pass through in ballistic glass is close to a new truck with the total costs.

It's simple,

We start hanging these perps up in town square the same day they do this chit and let the birds clean the carcasses. These guys do this because they're scared and seeking attention. They can get that attention in town square.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by high_country_
It's simple,

We start hanging these perps up in town square the same day they do this chit and let the birds clean the carcasses. These guys do this because they're scared and seeking attention. They can get that attention in town square.
Yes, give them the attention and the fame they seek. Good plan.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Open door or not still..
First .. mass shootings defined as:
FOUR or more shot and killed in a single event [incident], at the same general time and location, not including the shooter," differentiating between mass shooting .

Found discrepancies in the odds of being in a mass shooting or killed in a mass shooting I should say , anywhere from one in 4 million to one and 100 million.. in the US
This was in the US. Also the odds of being struck by lightning in the US is 1 in 500,000...

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rickt300
In a free society the only real defense is the individual being ready to fight back. Locks, doors and bars can all be defeated by a determined attacker.
Bingo! There's a reason the right to keep and bear arms was thought important enough to be number two in the Bill of Rights. It was well understood that an armed society was a peaceful society.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The only possible way I can see for dealing with an 'open door/window' with a (hopefully) quick response is an electronic sensor at each and every door/window connected to a manned central location with audio and a visual floor plan 'map' that shows exact locations of every door/window and alerts showing location of any not closed securely and locked.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Longbob
Why weren't all the doors to the classrooms locked? They kept the police out, but not the shooter.

There was an end-of-year awards ceremony that morning, many attending parents picked up their kids afterwards. We know that one teacher left his room open so parents and kids could pick up backpacks etc before they left. We also get that the classrooms the shooter occupied were connected. Maybe one of them was that room.

We also hear now that the infamous outside door was one used commonly by parents picking up/dropping off kids. On that day maybe it was left unlocked.

Time should tell.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Originally Posted by rickt300
In a free society the only real defense is the individual being ready to fight back. Locks, doors and bars can all be defeated by a determined attacker.
Agree 100%. Seems as though most teachers are liberal, and wouldn't be armed if they had the option. I have a half sister that's a teacher and I know she wouldn't tote a handgun. She sure complained about citizens having (weapons of war). I told her perp could have done same thing with a pump shotgun and his pockets full of shells.

I was at a local teacher/classified inservice couple decades back, and the local LEO addressing this subject said, to effect, "lock down and cower".

At the time there were no SRO in the schools.

"Quote: "We can be here in two minutes."

For once in my life I kept my mouth shut and did not point out that:

1. In two minutes, I can fire and reload a bolt action or pump firearm at least a dozen times. Probably closer to 20. How much additional time is it going to take the cops that arrive in whatever time frame to gain intel, get organized (wait for backup???), and access the shooter? Semi-autos with even 10 round magazines with extra mags carried, puts that into the several dozens of shots , minimum. Ditto bolt actions with extra "clips". smile

I was not reassured. Several years later we had a potential wild parent situation. All 5 doors in the small school I was at were kept locked. I suspect the principal, a former Miss Alaska, hunter, and shooter, may have had a piece on campus, against district policy. I suspect she may have suspected the same of me. It was never discussed.

Against school district policy, ya know? It came to nothing, however.

Unless there is an armed person at hand, the quickest the perp can be stopped is likely no less than 10 minutes under the above conditions.

That's a lot of shooting time!

IMO, the proper response to the Virginia Tech shooter was for everyone to attack as soon as he came through the clasroom door, with thrown.books, cell phones, backpacks, and in person. Panic and passivity just didn't cut it.

Last edited by las; 06/01/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not sold on "armed SRO in the school helps" on this. You had an entire armed DEPARTMENT and they waited. And while you could ask someone on an interview "you willing to go in?" - you never know just what they'll really do when the shots come.

It's a solution but it's not a silver bullet with a guarantee - all I'm saying.

The reality is - too many shooters are "known to LEO" before this happens. Too often things that are mental illnesses can't be called that because "it's discriminatory" - well yeah, it should be. Call a spade a spade.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Teal
The reality is - too many shooters are "known to LEO" before this happens. Too often things that are mental illnesses can't be called that because "it's discriminatory" - well yeah, it should be. Call a spade a spade.

It does seem like most of these murderers are known to law enforcement and "on the radar".

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (01Foreman400, 1234, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 160user, 17CalFan, 60 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,013
Posts18,481,562
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.