Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Puddle Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Headed into town today for the weekly vittles run. I make it a point to stop at the local SW on my way back out.

Holy crap, the ammo isle is crammed full. I wander over to the reloading isles and fill up on NABs. Can't hardly believe it. Go a little further and there's brass. Grab some of that too. OMG

Could I be so lucky? Let's try the gun counter. "Powder and primers?" I ask. "Sure, whatcha need?". So I buy - you guessed it - powder and primers. Can't buy bricks of primers - yet, but they're sayin' RSN.

Then the lady at the checkout said "have a nice day".

Why yes, yes I will smile

It's you and the bullet, and all the rest is secondary.
GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Lucky man. Hopefully we start seeing some of that in these parts.

There has been a lot of ammo around here of late, and a fair amount of powder and bullets, but primers have basically been an online only affair for me going on 2 years, aside from one lucky snag last fall.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What were prices like? On a recent road trip to visit the in-laws we stopped at a store that had, in the past, had a good selection of reloading components.

They did indeed have options on the shelf, including H4350. All the powder was at least $50 a pound.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Powder has been $40-50 around here lately

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Better than no powder, will never go back down I don’t think.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good score Puddle. That sorta run puts a little PEP in the step!

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I recently bought 8 pounds of Varget and 8 pounds of H4350 online. Things are getting better slowly.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I've been buying most of mine online, too. Even after hazmat it comes out cheaper than LGS around here as long as you buy in quantity.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco

That's true. I bought 1 lb of Blue Dot to load for a new 10mm pistol. But handing over $50 for that pound hurt.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Powder has been showing up some put priers are few and far between in my area.

It doesn't matter how fast you miss.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Puddle
Headed into town today for the weekly vittles run. I make it a point to stop at the local SW on my way back out.

Holy crap, the ammo isle is crammed full. I wander over to the reloading isles and fill up on NABs. Can't hardly believe it. Go a little further and there's brass. Grab some of that too. OMG

Could I be so lucky? Let's try the gun counter. "Powder and primers?" I ask. "Sure, whatcha need?". So I buy - you guessed it - powder and primers. Can't buy bricks of primers - yet, but they're sayin' RSN.

you forgot ONE important fact...

This is the Campfire....you can whine ALL ya WANT....

everybody else does.... smile

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

P
Puddle Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Puddle

you forgot ONE important fact...

This is the Campfire....you can whine ALL ya WANT....

everybody else does.... smile

grin cry grin cry

Just give me 24 hours and I'll come up with something else to whine about...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dang that is great news! Score!

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Nice score for sure 👍.....reloading supplies are still mighty tight in my area....Especially primers....Hb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good score
My LGS has ammo coming in, but most of it is off the wall stuff that I don't need but at least it is coming in.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
P
Puddle Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Was in town yesterday, so stopped off at the local SW and say hi to a bud behind the gun counter.

He said they'd gotten 4,000 LR primers in a day & 1/2 ago. I got the last 200. These days, they're only selling 200 at a time.

He said the current primer shortage is an interesting human behavior lab experiment; e.g. sending spouses into the store to buy, buyers knowing the shift changes and coming back the same day for more, etc.

Still think The Discovery Channel needs to add new series on digging for primers...

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
I managed to score a brick of CCI200 from PV a couple days ago. Not sure how long they had them in stock, but they were gone 5-10 minutes after I got them.

$136 after tax and hazmat shipping, but they'll last me a few years, since I only use the 200s in a couple rifles and I'm not a huge volume shooter with any LR cartridges.

Still haven't seen any primers on store shelves around here other than a handful of 209s and some percussion caps.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
[quote=Puddle]Was in town yesterday, so stopped off at the local SW and say hi to a bud behind the gun counter.

He said they'd gotten 4,000 LR primers in a day & 1/2 ago. I got the last 200. These days, they're only selling 200 at a time.

He said the current primer shortage is an interesting human behavior lab experiment; e.g. sending spouses into the store to buy, buyers knowing the shift changes and coming back the same day for more, etc.

Be surprised if SW was the only fun store that is seeing that cycle of buying.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only 4000 at a time? Better than nothing though it's good to see the shop rationing them out. It's hitting us here in Aus as well. Quite a few blokes are running out as they seemed to have enough money for beer and smokes but not enough for a few thousand primers.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Tannhauser
Originally Posted by hanco

That's true. I bought 1 lb of Blue Dot to load for a new 10mm pistol. But handing over $50 for that pound hurt.

Yeah, it's $30 where I live. But I don't use it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 02bfishn, 1234, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 62 invisible), 2,503 guests, and 1,343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,573
Posts18,491,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.