-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Crap, I seem to have forgotten the Devils Club in SE AK.

Now there's some fun stuff.

My tender feet loved Juneau, sandals and barefoot 8 months a year. In AK.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Any man who has to have boots on his feet to feel manly is suspect.

well happy birthday NV.....

some men don't have to wear boots on their feet to feel manly....or any guilt about it...

but some men like to wear Crocks to feel feminine evidently... not saying that is you....

but a man wearing crocks, is sort of like the same as being a Male and driving a Prius....

Well....OK LOL
It's not my birthday.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Aces, you might try some slides instead of the "thongs" as we used to call them (that word has a newer meaning for sure)

I'd love moving to Hawai'i if we could afford it. Go do business in shorts, a Hawai'ian shirt, and a pair of flip flops. No need for suits and ties.

VD….(I don’t like that abbreviation 😁)….Valsdad, I am most definitely a child of the wet PNW. I like cool weather, rain and days that never get above 75*. I hate not wearing my merino wool socks with my boots or Romeos, I absolutely detest wearing shorts and flip flops and slides are barbaric and I miss my Xtra-Tufs. I wear my Wranglers, boots and merino wool everywhere INCLUDING Hawaii. It used to drive my wife nuts but I’m not comfortable being “over-exposed”. 😂. I spent my life on swim teams, as a lifeguard and rescue diver so I should be more accustomed to wearing beachwear but it was always just a uniform for work while jeans and flannel were for fun. I wish I could transition easier but at 51 I quit trying and embrace my preferences.

All my best to you my friend.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

It looks pretty clear of all that shyt you mentioned around your yard. Mine isn't and there's rarely a day I stay in the yard/around the house unless I'm sick. After taking the dogs for a walk this morning, I changed the tires on my trailer { old tires off rims, new tires on rims} brought out two loads of wood and have been splitting/stacking off and on all day. A pretty typical day and there may be some fishing, hunting or shooting on the menu before it's over. None of that takes place in the house or yard and I don't care to be changing shoes every time I turn around

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Blackheart

It looks pretty clear of all that shyt you mentioned around your yard. Mine isn't and there's rarely a day I stay in the yard/around the house unless I'm sick. After taking the dogs for a walk this morning, I changed the tires on my trailer { old tires off rims, new tires on rims} brought out two loads of wood and have been splitting/stacking off and on all day.
Another Blackfart is the ultimate badass thread.
Lol

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I didn’t grow up going barefoot and other than my beach lifeguard years I never went barefoot. I readily admit that I probably am the biggest tenderfoot of anyone. I don’t have bare feet in the house either because carpeting can get rough, hardwood floors are about all my feet can take. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Do you have blackberries, thorn apple and multiflora rose out there ? I don't recall seeing any in Montana, Idaho or Washington when I was out there. They grow around the perimeter of my yard and there's a couple acre patch of blackberries and multiflora rose out back between the yard and the woods.

Not in my yard and not those species except for the rose in places.

But, I've lived in so many places across the US, including NW PA probably only a few hours drive from where you are, to have seen just about everything.

Including having grown up and fooled around in, hunted and hiked in, crawled through, over and around chaparral. One place was so thick the 5 or 6 of us had have one guy jump up on top, the next guy jump up on him, and so on for nearly a 1/4 mile. They invented these things called chaps for horsemen to wear while going though it, and they even had coverings for their horses. Besides having to deal with the brush, there are plenty of rattlers in that country, scorpions, and whatever else lives in that crap. Chupacabras for all I know.

This word, chaparral, has been introduced into the language since our acquisition of Texas and New Mexico, where these bushes abound. It is a series of thickets, of various sizes, from one hundred yards to a mile through, with bushes and briars, all covered with thorns, and so closely entwined together as almost to prevent the passage of any thing larger than a wolf or hare. [John Russell Bartlett, "Dictionary of Americanisms," 1859]
https://www.etymonline.com/word/chaps

If you have that stuff all around your yard, and are happy with it being there, by all means continue to live like that. Around here, because of fire, I have at least 40' of cleared space, beyond the lawn, cut down to 4" or less just to be safe. On the other side of our creek, the other lot we own, there is a Big Sage thicket. The easiest way through that is following the deer/cattle trails. Some of it is over 6' tall, and while not thorny, it's pretty tough and not easy to push through. But, that being said, when I walk the dogs around out there I don't change my attire, I just follow the paths.

Montana, Idaho, and Washington have some places a man wouldn't want to walk through by choice too. I've seen them personally.
My lawn is about an acre and a half Geno. It's nice green grass, I keep it well maintained and it's way more than 40 feet to the edge where the brush and brambles grow so no danger from fire. You just ain't leaving the yard except off the front along the road without going through brush/thorns unless on the four wheeler trail that goes into the woods. I have no intention of ever clearing those blackberries out because they are good producers and my wife uses them for pies and blackberry jam every summer.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Raferman

It looks pretty clear of all that shyt you mentioned around your yard. Mine isn't and there's rarely a day I stay in the yard/around the house unless I'm sick. After taking the dogs for a walk this morning, I changed the tires on my trailer { old tires off rims, new tires on rims} brought out two loads of wood and have been splitting/stacking off and on all day.
Lol
It's called living in the country with a country lifestyle dumbass. I don't live in town or a posh suburban community. I live on a country road in the woods and burn wood for heat during the long winters so spend a good bit of time putting it up over the summers. I also live here so that I have hunting, shooting and fishing close by year round and can partake of it often.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Raeford
So, why the F*ck are you wearing boots 24/7/365 then?

Hold into the bramble!

I forget, did the OP ask about the best footwear for brambles in NY?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Raferman

Lol
It's called living in the country with a country lifestyle dumbass. I don't live in town or a posh suburban community. I live on a country road in the woods and burn wood for heat during the long winters so spend a good bit of time putting it up over the summers. I also live here so that I have hunting, shooting and fishing close by year round and can partake of it often.
Heard Tyson Fury needs a sparring partner.
Lol

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Hold into the bramble!
What part of my yard is surrounded by brambles and multiflora rose was it that you missed ? You think I stay indoors, on pavement or in the yard all day and don't do any work ? Damn, you are stupid.

So this is a thread about the best footwear for your yard?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by smokepole

Hold into the bramble!
What part of my yard is surrounded by brambles and multiflora rose was it that you missed ? You think I stay indoors, on pavement or in the yard all day and don't do any work ? Damn, you are stupid.

Next we are gonna find out how tough it is living in New York and how rural he is.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Hold into the bramble!

He asked crocs or sandals, which are both good womens footwear for around town.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Aces, you might try some slides instead of the "thongs" as we used to call them (that word has a newer meaning for sure)

I'd love moving to Hawai'i if we could afford it. Go do business in shorts, a Hawai'ian shirt, and a pair of flip flops. No need for suits and ties.

VD….(I don’t like that abbreviation 😁)….Valsdad, I am most definitely a child of the wet PNW. I like cool weather, rain and days that never get above 75*. I hate not wearing my merino wool socks with my boots or Romeos, I absolutely detest wearing shorts and flip flops and slides are barbaric and I miss my Xtra-Tufs. I wear my Wranglers, boots and merino wool everywhere INCLUDING Hawaii. It used to drive my wife nuts but I’m not comfortable being “over-exposed”. 😂. I spent my life on swim teams, as a lifeguard and rescue diver so I should be more accustomed to wearing beachwear but it was always just a uniform for work while jeans and flannel were for fun. I wish I could transition easier but at 51 I quit trying and embrace my preferences.

All my best to you my friend.

Yikes, Aces.

I grew up in a place where it was regularly 70F on Christmas day, 300+ days of sun a year, shorts and a t shirt year round. For a while in my early 20s, up to 25-27 or so, I played the tough guy, Levis, boots, denim jackets, never go in shorts unless going to the swimmin' hole or beach. Then I realized when it was 90F+ I kinda liked feeling comfortable. Still had the old gear (still own too many pairs of boots that don't get enough use as I have favorites. I should put some on the classified section) but only wore it in what served for "winter" down there.

I get grumpy after too many cloudy days in a row, had to have a full spectrum light beaming on my at work when I was in SE. Especially after the fall equinox and before the spring one.

Too each their own, which I think was the whole point of this exercise. Except some question folks' manliness based on their footwear. I say wear what you want, just don't tell me what I have to wear.

That being said...........................I still don't trust folks in a suit and tie. Especially those that wear them but don't like to.....................I think those guys are well on their way to being a politician..................or maybe worse, a used car salesman or real estate agent. eek

Enjoy that wet weather up there. We may get some thunderstorms, which are OK by me as they usually clear up by the next day. They do their business and are done with it.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hold into the bramble!

Next we are gonna find out how tough it is living in New York and how rural he is.
We could hear how it's possible to become morbidly obese while working your ass off all day but you don't seem very open to it.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Hold into the bramble!

He asked crocs or sandals, which are both good womens footwear for around town.

LOL.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Hold into the bramble!

We could hear how it's possible to become morbidly obese while working your ass off all day but you don't seem very open to it.

You are officially the Happy Camper of "gunsmith" and "full time farm hand".

I have shown many pictures of my work.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Do you have blackberries, thorn apple and multiflora rose out there ? I don't recall seeing any in Montana, Idaho or Washington when I was out there. They grow around the perimeter of my yard and there's a couple acre patch of blackberries and multiflora rose out back between the yard and the woods.

Not in my yard and not those species except for the rose in places.

But, I've lived in so many places across the US, including NW PA probably only a few hours drive from where you are, to have seen just about everything.

Including having grown up and fooled around in, hunted and hiked in, crawled through, over and around chaparral. One place was so thick the 5 or 6 of us had have one guy jump up on top, the next guy jump up on him, and so on for nearly a 1/4 mile. They invented these things called chaps for horsemen to wear while going though it, and they even had coverings for their horses. Besides having to deal with the brush, there are plenty of rattlers in that country, scorpions, and whatever else lives in that crap. Chupacabras for all I know.

This word, chaparral, has been introduced into the language since our acquisition of Texas and New Mexico, where these bushes abound. It is a series of thickets, of various sizes, from one hundred yards to a mile through, with bushes and briars, all covered with thorns, and so closely entwined together as almost to prevent the passage of any thing larger than a wolf or hare. [John Russell Bartlett, "Dictionary of Americanisms," 1859]
https://www.etymonline.com/word/chaps

If you have that stuff all around your yard, and are happy with it being there, by all means continue to live like that. Around here, because of fire, I have at least 40' of cleared space, beyond the lawn, cut down to 4" or less just to be safe. On the other side of our creek, the other lot we own, there is a Big Sage thicket. The easiest way through that is following the deer/cattle trails. Some of it is over 6' tall, and while not thorny, it's pretty tough and not easy to push through. But, that being said, when I walk the dogs around out there I don't change my attire, I just follow the paths.

Montana, Idaho, and Washington have some places a man wouldn't want to walk through by choice too. I've seen them personally.
My lawn is about an acre and a half Geno. It's nice green grass, I keep it well maintained and it's way more than 40 feet to the edge where the brush and brambles grow so no danger from fire. You just ain't leaving the yard except off the front along the road without going through brush/thorns unless on the four wheeler trail that goes into the woods. I have no intention of ever clearing those blackberries out because they are good producers and my wife uses them for pies and blackberry jam every summer.

You'd have to have a dam big well to have an Acre and a half lawn here. Having lived close enough to you to know that folks there think two weeks without a rainshower is a "drought", I've seen folks with those kind of yards. Told my buddy at work back there if I had as much grass as he did, I'd have to get a cow, because I ain't spending that much time on a mower every week.

While clear of nasty bushes around here, walking wouldn't be pleasant for a barefoot tenderfoot. There's plenty of volcanic rock that comes up every winter with the frost heaving, every weed I whack leaves a sharp little stem, there's the bur buttercup and other spiky weeds (which we do our best to control, not only for me but for the dogs, wood splinters in the back from the firewood prep, and always the possibility of a rattler.

If I had a blackberry thicket, like you I'd be letting it grow as we love the berries too.

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You'd have to have a dam big well to have an Acre and a half lawn here. Having lived close enough to you to know that folks there think two weeks without a rainshower is a "drought", I've seen folks with those kind of yards. Told my buddy at work back there if I had as much grass as he did, I'd have to get a cow, because I ain't spending that much time on a mower every week.
LOL. I like mowing the lawn. I find it relaxing. Usually have to mow it every 5 days this time of the year it grows so fast. Takes about an hour and a half on the tractor. My wife likes mowing too so I have to fight with her over who gets to do it this week. I wish we'd go even one week without rain so the mud puddles in my driveway that have been there the last two months would dry up.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Somebody needs to report Blackfart to the EyeRS for the extra money Rick pays him to keep you fuqkers stirred up. 🤣🤣🤣

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (1lesfox, 44mc, 35, 7887mm08, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 14 invisible), 1,077 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,419
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.