-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Maybe there is hope afterall, from the link.
The Long Gray Line is the assembly of graduates of the United States Military Academy. It serves as a fount of American battle tested experience, the institutional memory of the Military Academy, and the watchdog of the United States Corps of Cadets. As such, it is the sacred duty of the Long Gray Line to challenge dysfunctional conduct or rogue behavior, such as that which has come to dominate West Point.

We, the members of the Long Gray Line, have observed a rejection of adherence to the ancient principles of the Military Academy. These changes threaten the mission of the Academy. It appears that the Honor Code is no longer enforced as it has been historically and has been allowed to fall into disarray.

The United States Military Academy has a proud tradition of producing graduates of character who have led the Country and the Academy through good times and bad. The Academy’s motto “Duty, Honor, Country” is widely associated with West Point. For decades, the Cadet Honor Code has provided the moral compass and ethical underpinning of a Cadet’s education and character development. The Code, widely quoted and embraced by every Superintendent, is simple.

https://creativedestructionmedia.co...tion-of-betrayal-for-academy-leadership/

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Not to be a downer, but I doubt if a letter from 3 old guys who graduated from there in 1959 is gonna have much impact.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by auk1124
Not to be a downer, but I doubt if a letter from 3 old guys who graduated from there in 1959 is gonna have much impact.

I agree. I imagine that any W.P. cadet (or cadets at the other military academies) who have not yet accepted the "woke" and "politically correct" Leftist brainwashing, probably knows full well that by voicing any overt disagreement with the brainwashing, will result in a stalled career with no chance for advancement.

Want to criticize the Marxist doctrine?? Might as well resign your commission right this minute. It will be useless to you.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Good luck getting promoted above about O-4 without having lips shaped exactly like every pair of butt cheeks up the chain of command. Those guys with stars on their collars are kissing political butt all day, every day. Long gone are the days of an "apolitical" military. I noticed it in the 1960's and 70's as a well-hidden undercurrent, but these days it's right out in the open

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Good luck getting promoted above about O-4 without having lips shaped exactly like every pair of butt cheeks up the chain of command. Those guys with stars on their collars are kissing political butt all day, every day. Long gone are the days of an "apolitical" military. I noticed it in the 1960's and 70's as a well-hidden undercurrent, but these days it's right out in the open
yes you are correct .Patton ,Stonewall Jackson ect .would never make rank in our military these days warriors are banned ,only girly-men need to apply ...sad times

NRA Life Member
IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Some people will believe anything they find on the interdnet

"The more I am around people the better I like my dog." Mark Twain
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Sadly I think the new motto is: Get in line or you’ve wasted your time.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Perhaps this is the quiet voice of the silent majority. Should the time be near for righteous resistance, having military as allies is essential.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Having the military as an ally would be essential. No question.

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The purge of our Warrior class and the spawning of this current debacle in our military was making it's presence known when I was active duty during the Carter administration! Slow hand salute to any still negotiating this mess ! You could not pay me enough these days!

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wasn't there a West Point grad who was a muslim, spouting hate towards the USA several years ago.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Wasn't there a West Point grad who was a muslim, spouting hate towards the USA several years ago.

I don't think Obama went to West Point.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by ol_mike

I don't think Obama went to West Point.

Not obama, one of his sons

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I wouldn't trust McInerny to lead me out of a wet paper bag.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
friend of mine's son graduated from there last year. He just passed Rangers training a few weeks back.

He turned in a paper, didn't cite a source in a footnote and had his time extended 6 months approved by a female commander. Probably more to that story that Dad let on but it was still a pretty stiff penalty for whatever he did.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/04/22.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 55 invisible), 2,522 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,061
Posts18,482,397
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.