Campfire 'Bwana
New pickups are stupid.

Buy a house instead.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
When trillions get shelled out of the economy, the inflation will slow, maybe correct slightly. Have to be patient.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm not shoppin' new! Unless, the spread is so close.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I'm not shoppin' new! Unless, the spread is so close.

The spread is unlikely to be less than it is now. Used 4X4 trucks are at an all time high and new trucks won’t get any cheaper.

Yes, the spread will never be less than it is now…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing is going to get cheaper.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have been waiting for prices so drop for a while now. I may never own a new truck.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MAC
No because IDIOTS keep paying the high prices. If nobody bought them and the dealers got stuck with them then You'd see the prices come down. Anybody that would pay $70K for a pickup is a moron.

So a person worth 10's if not 100's of millions is a moron buying whatever the kcuph he/she wants?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jnyork
Prices on anything will stay the same or continue their upward spiral as long as people are lined up to pay whatever price.

Bought any primers lately?

Yes

$72 a brick

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Maybe, if you can't afford to drive them.

You aren't kidding. If you can even find a new diesel pickup truck on a lot, I can't imagine people are still begging to buy them with diesel hovering around 6 bucks a gallon..

Semper Fi
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Ford shuts down for two weeks over July fourth, after that, it's 2023 model year, the salesman we spoke with said, mid forty's pricewise.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If they can be produced for less, then yes. If not, then no.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Economic downturn.

They won't get cheaper but they'll not go up as fast and then hopefully wages and the like rise to where 50k for a truck is about the same % of your income as the 10k truck was back when Wabi was just 60.

As to "idiots buying them keeping prices high" - 70k for a truck that lasts 3x as long as the old 40k trucks? It's a better deal and just because Bob can afford it - doesn't mean Dave should be pissed.

Me

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Will pickups get any cheaper?

No.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Yes, as will houses.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been thinking that all of those thousands of trucks that are sitting on storage lots waiting for chips are eventually going to be finished , chips are going to be supplied, and they will all hit the market in a tidal wave. They will go relatively cheap just to clear them from inventory and get out from under the storage and interest costs. Once the chip shortage for the new production line trucks and cars ends, production should return to relative normal numbers and create some competition in the market with actual vehicles on dealers' lots for people to shop for. Supply and demand- once the supply picks up, demand falls and prices drop in the face of competition. At least, that is how it is supposed to work. The manufacturers have become drunk with profits the last few years but I think the chip shortage caught them with their pants down and they are still trying to figure out how to recover- and the best way to recover is to make more vehicles and sell them as quickly as possible. If you're in the market and patient, I think prices will drop some very soon, but I've been wrong before- just ask my wife... wink

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Just looked online. Ram 1500 classic, 2wd $28k. So yeah you can buy a truck affordably but it isn't going to have satellite and power everything and 4wd.

what is this 2wd you're referring to........?
a
I don't have a need for 4wd in the wilds of Southern California but could not find a 2wd to save my life. I don't do much 4 wheeling. I've gotten my old 2wd 2000 F250 into places I probably shouldn't have. If I wanted to do real off roading I'd buy a SxS.
I can tell already that my new truck with 4wd is going to be an awful ride off road.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by jnyork
Prices on anything will stay the same or continue their upward spiral as long as people are lined up to pay whatever price.

Bought any primers lately?
Can't even find primers.

Read an article online about RVing. People are under the impression that flying to a vacation is more expensive than RVing so more people will continue RV vacations. This will keep gas/fuel demand up so prices will stay up. It will keep RV prices up too and to a certain extent, trucks.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
New pickups are stupid.

Buy a house instead.
I bought my first home in 1994 for $39,990.
When I sold it a couple of years later, I made enough to pay for
the transaction and a nice dinner with my wife and toddler. I was
never late on my mortgage and it looked like new when it sold.
Those days are gone for sure but new vehicles are insane. I think
that dealerships are dying and they know it. That's why prices are
as high as they are. They are squeezing every dime out of every
customer as they can. I'd say there ought to be a law against it but...
There's a sucker born every minute comes to mind somehow...

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Originally Posted by Sheister
I've been thinking that all of those thousands of trucks that are sitting on storage lots waiting for chips are eventually going to be finished , chips are going to be supplied, and they will all hit the market in a tidal wave. They will go relatively cheap just to clear them from inventory and get out from under the storage and interest costs. Once the chip shortage for the new production line trucks and cars ends, production should return to relative normal numbers and create some competition in the market with actual vehicles on dealers' lots for people to shop for. Supply and demand- once the supply picks up, demand falls and prices drop in the face of competition. At least, that is how it is supposed to work. The manufacturers have become drunk with profits the last few years but I think the chip shortage caught them with their pants down and they are still trying to figure out how to recover- and the best way to recover is to make more vehicles and sell them as quickly as possible. If you're in the market and patient, I think prices will drop some very soon, but I've been wrong before- just ask my wife... wink

This is exactly my thoughts, hope we are right this time. If not our wives will let us know ...Joe

Doing the right thing is not always the easiest thing. It still needs doing..
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Sheister

I don't doubt prices may drop some on vehicles eventually but personally I don't believe they'll drop all that much mainly due to our devalued dollar.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10gaugemag, 21, 22250rem, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,331 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,509
Posts18,490,704
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.