Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Too many times. There should be a specific dance with lyrics for just such an occurrence.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
It hurts!
My first job helping build a high end energy efficient home was a memorable hit. No expense spared.
I was the youngest worker, so I was the one given the task of driving nails into oak. I couldn't get the nails started with little taps. I had to swing hard. After a few nails went buzzing off the hardwood, I finally took off the end of my thumb. Lol!
I just remember that I was given a rag, told to apply pressure and hold it up. I was surprised that I was going into shock according to the owners son. It wasn't a major wound. He just said to force myself to stay awake because I kept about passing out. He said if I pass out, then I would die. Lol! As a kid I bought it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
It hurts!
My first job helping build a high end energy efficient home was a memorable hit. No expense spared.
I was the youngest worker, so I was the one given the task of driving nails into oak. I couldn't get the nails started with little taps. I had to swing hard. After a few nails went buzzing off the hardwood, I finally took off the end of my thumb. Lol!
I just remember that I was given a rag, told to apply pressure and hold it up. I was surprised that I was going into shock according to the owners son. It wasn't a major wound. He just said to force myself to stay awake because I kept about passing out. He said if I pass out, then I would die. Lol! As a kid I bought it.

Smashing your wittle finger put you into shock?

ya gotta be shîttin us??

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was on a framing crew in Atlanta. I was nailing down the bottom plate with a 28 ounce wood handled framing hammer. Missed the 16d nail, and hit my tennis shoe. Hit the big toe. The blood was swelling up under the toenail but, not escaping. Toe turned all blue.

In a half hour, I drove myself up to Northside Hospital. The pain was excruciating. Doc got a paper clip and unfolded it and clamped it into those little forceps. He pulled out a Bunsen Burner and heated the paper clip, white hot. Then he held the paper clip point against my toenail. In 2 seconds, he burned a hole through the toenail. A cloud of smoke rose out of the toe. I could smell the burning toenail, smelled like a burned pork roast. The blood squirted out, and splashed all over doc's shirt. My toe felt much better.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
When I started plumbing we used oakum rope and lead to seal cast iron joints. You are beating on caulking tools all day. You can’t see underneath joints in ditches. So, yes I’ve hit hit my fingers thousands of time, mostly my right thumb.

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Smacked the head of my dick with a rubber mallet once, does that count?

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually my big finger. It's called a thumb.
I was surprised to think that losing that little meat and blood could put anyone into shock. The owner's son was a med student and I was just a dumb kid. What would I know?
But you and miss rene can make this quote into a personal "vendetta" if you want to. It will hurt about as much as the thumb still hurts today.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 06/05/22.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It hurts!
Needle held under a propane torch will burn a hole quick and let the blood out from under a nail, be careful how deep.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
More times than I want to remember. Lol.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
pictures or it didnt happen

IC B3

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by wabigoon
A half black finger nail is a pest untill you rip it off!
Ya got to stick a pin in it immediately get the pressure off

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
It hurts!

If you a man and a worker not a couch potatoe then im betting all of us have at some time

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Years ago - Sunday evening - repairing the wooden steps out back - trying to nail where I couldn't see - got my thumb. Spent the night in the recliner with my arm resting across the top of my head. Went to Doc Douglas first thing in the morning. Took me back to his office and sat me in a chair next to his desk. While I'm in agony, the man is fiddling with a paper clip, then gets a lighter out of his drawer. Heats up the bent clip to a nice orange and brings it down on my nail. Room smells quite unpleasant. Blood shoots out of my thumb onto his white lab coat. Instant relief.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Damn guys!
You can't outsmart a nail?

First "real" carpenter job. Went to the hardware store and bought a brand spanking new Vaughn 20 oz "waffle head" framing hammer.
First day on the job, we went to work at 7:30AM. I was setting a nail for a stud. The razor sharp waffling peeled the skin off the side of my left thumb.
Blood pouring, I walked over to the side of the slab and beat the waffling down flat! Wrapped my thumb with a paper towel and some electrical tape. Thumb was a bit sore for a day or two.

Know what "J hooks" are?
Trying to separate some welded wire that had been J-hooked together with a scratch awl. I had been wearing gloves, but had slipped them off.
I stuck the awl in the aluminum "hook", thought, "I better put my gloves on......as soon as I get this hook off!"
The hook separated, the awl slipped and my right index finger nail was suddenly....and unceremoniously ripped from it's bed to lay back on my finger, upside down and backwards!
It took all the grit I could muster to complete the job the wire had started. Stop the bleeding, cover with a rag/paper towel (etc) THEN put on gloves to complete task!

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
Why do you suppose that thing on the end of your finger is called a nail?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hammers?...... nail guns are where it's at.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Hammers?...... nail guns are where it's at.....

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Badass!

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Yesterday! Flesh blew out from under the nail………..and now the tip came off. Yeah it still hurts!

“There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.” R. Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sliced a good chunk off the end of my left index finger once, didn't hurt as bad as being smashed at first but it hurt like hell every time I bumped it on something for weeks.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Why would anyone want to hit their thumb with a hammer? 😳

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

252 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 17CalFan, 29 invisible), 2,057 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,746
Posts18,495,188
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.